** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:42 AM   #61
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
In baseball, it is not uncommon for elite pitchers to avoid the company of position players, i.e. the batters, even if these happen to be their teammates. The reason is that, with free agency and trades and all, it is not unlikely that the player who is your teammate this year would be on another team next year, so not being chatty with him will help you later when you face each other as opponents. Makes it easier for you to strike (or get) them out.

Some posters in the GM and even in Mariaworld (back in the day when I still browsed the GM and Mariaworld forums) say they're journalists, and report that Maria is moody, nice one minute and completely shutting you out the next. It's probably true, but I must also say it is completely alright. All great champions have some measure of pride and aloofness in them. It's what makes them special, what makes them winners. As long as they're not Albert Belle or Barry Bonds-level, it's fine with me. Maria has an obligation to be nice only to the people who brought her to the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 08:20 AM   #62
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future
The way Maria answers to journalist tends to show that she's not very fond of them, which shows she's wise, journalists are capable of doing crap to anybody in order to sell newspapers, so those reports that Maria is moody with journalists is probably true.

Towards players, I think the same applies. They are not supposed to be her friends, they are supposed to be the ones she's gonna beat at any cost. I think Maria is very proud of her achievements which is totally legitimate. Then probably, she's not going to make the first step towards the average player, she considers that the average player is the one who would show respect to her. I don't think that if any girl passes in front of her and then says hello, she would ignore that person.

IMHO, Maria is a very self-centered person (I generally recognize that kind of personality for being one, lol). She has reached a status that makes her being on her guard about almost everyone. She considers any person as potentially harmful, and that's not so wrong.

Last thing, my perception is that Maria doesn't appreciate that much to be a celebrity. She knows she has a role to play for her agent IMG, for the WTA, she accepts to do it but she's not eager to it. Maria's will is about winning and having a comfortable life. Not really to be in the spotlight.

OK, everything I say is pure speculation, but I consider myself to have some psychology and when I analyze the way Maria acts and what she says, that lead me to these conclusions. Nethertheless Maria is probably a person who's greatly worth knowing personally and having a real-friendship, but it certainly takes from you to be someone exceptionnal, just like she is.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 08:22 AM   #63
country flag nouf

nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute
exclusif by mashafan! http://mashafan.free.fr/modules.php?...rder=0&thold=0

5-8 january 2005 maria will be in Honk Kong Challenge!
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 03:24 AM   #64
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
An article regarding the Fed-Cup selection...and the Russian teams dislike for Yuri
Its sad that Maria is overlooked to play for her country because of something she isnt responsible for..

Quote:
Tennis: Russians dislike Sharapova's 'nasty' father

MOSCOW - Russia Fed Cup tennis coach Larisa Neiland feels it would be difficult for Maria Sharapova to break into the Russian team next year because of her father.

"I don't think she'll find it easy being on the same team with all the rest of our girls," said Neiland, speaking on the eve of the Fed Cup semifinals.

The 17-year-old Wimbledon champion has been kept out of the team by French Open champion Anastasia Myskina and US Open winner Svetlana Kuznetsova as Russia looking for their first Fed Cup title.

They face Austria in the semifinals in Moscow, with defending champions France up against Spain.

Russia captain Shamil Tarpishchev said he would welcome Florida-based Sharapova next season, although six-times grand slam doubles champion Neiland believes the inclusion of Sharapova could harm team spirit.

"Maria's main problem is her father and I just don't see how he would coexist with other girls' parents and team officials," said Neiland, who became the first Soviet player to win a Wimbledon title in 1991 when she teamed up with Natasha Zvereva.

"You can't just go by rankings alone in selecting the team.

"You need great team spirit, togetherness in order to make a really strong squad."

Pointing to the season-ending WTA Tour Championships, won by Sharapova last Monday in Los Angeles, Neiland said: "Every time Maria was playing a Russian girl, her father's behaviour was simply outrageous, nasty and out of control.

"He basically tells everyone 'to get lost'. I just don't see how he could work with the rest of us."

Myskina, who lost to Sharapova in the semifinals, also complained about the behaviour of her father during their match.

"He was just yelling and screaming instructions to her and I thought he just might jump right on the court at one point in the match," Myskina was quoted as saying in the Russia media.

Yuri Sharapova received a warning from the chair umpire for coaching his daughter during the Myskina match.

"I remember a couple of years ago (Jennifer) Capriati and her father had similar problems with the US team," Neiland said.

Capriati was dropped from the US team on the eve of a tie with Austria in 2002 after the French Open champion ignored team rules and practised with her father.

"You don't want someone from the outside to disrupt the team's preparations," Neiland said.

"That's why sometimes it's better to leave someone out of the team and not have that negative influence among the players."

- REUTERS
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 03:42 AM   #65

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold
I don't know how to paste the article in a way that it appears on the page (I'm too old for this), so I'll just paste link.

Nothing much, just a few statistics and some history.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s133/st61793.htm
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #66

and how did we manage to miss this one?
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3175494

anyone want to flood that writer's e-mail account with protests?
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 02:04 AM   #67
country flag !!!--Duiz™--!!!
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
STupid myskina...

Supernova Sharapova

0009..Eternal Follower of Golden Girl
The Official Violin Player in Kirlenko's Orchestra
!!!--Duiz™--!!! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 04:48 AM   #68
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute

Supernova Sharapova

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 05:12 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiz™
"Tennis racket meets round object full of air."
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 05:18 AM   #70
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakan kildap
"Tennis racket meets round object full of air."

Supernova Sharapova

Old Nov 26th, 2004, 10:32 AM   #71
country flag Josh B.

Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute Josh B. has a reputation beyond repute
That picture is an absolute CLASSIC!!

ROFLMAO

Thats what she gets for showing off!!

MANCHESTER UNITED

VICE BOSS OF THE GOOD REP FAIRES AND CO-FOUNDER
Josh B. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #72
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh B
That picture is an absolute CLASSIC!!

ROFLMAO

Thats what she gets for showing off!!
Very well said!

Supernova Sharapova

Old Nov 29th, 2004, 02:13 AM   #73
country flag faust

faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice faust is just really nice
'twas rilly stupid of myskina...
faust is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 04:26 AM   #74

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=1944106

Maria to endorse TAG Heuer.

Unlike cameras, I have no brand loyalty with watches, so I'm switching.
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 04:32 AM   #75
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakan kildap
Unlike cameras, I have no brand loyalty with watches, so I'm switching.

Quote:
All told, Sharapova figures to earn at least $15 million in marketing next year.
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread