** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 330 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #4936
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

MONTREAL -- Maria Sharapova doesn't have very fond memories of Montreal.
Two years ago the Russian star had to withdraw from the Rogers Cup in the city because of a serious shoulder injury. As she prepares to make her return to the tournament next month, she's looking for a more positive memory.
"I didn't have a good experience last (time)," Sharapova said Friday on a conference call. "That's where I took my MRI and I realized I was going to be out for awhile. So I'm hoping that this time around it's going to be a better experience."
Sharapova's shoulder surgery kept her on the sidelines for nine months. A big moment in her return came last summer in Toronto, where she advanced to the final of the Rogers Cup before losing to countrywoman Elena Dementieva in straight sets.
"It was a great week for me and something that I really needed after my comeback," said Sharapova. "I love this time of year and the swing where you're constantly going from one town to another and you're playing the tournaments.
"To get to the final (last year) ... I felt like I was slowly getting my way there."
The 23-year-old has victories this year in Memphis and Strasbourg and expects to have the form to compete for another one in Montreal.
She's finally feeling 100 per cent again.
"It takes awhile," said Sharapova, a three-time Grand Slam champion. "You can feel really confident in practice but it doesn't always translate into matches."
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 17th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #4937
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so confused. Are Toronto/Montreal's tournaments both called Rogers Cup?
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 05:53 AM   #4938
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh it alternates cities each year with the mens ATP masters tournament but it's still the same tournament
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #4939
country flag Sp!ffy

Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I see.. That's confused me for the longest time,thanks
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #4940
country flag shega

shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all shega is a name known to all

did it have to be Wickmayer ?
shega is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #4941
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
Yeh it alternates cities each year with the mens ATP masters tournament but it's still the same tournament
It makes it fun and provides variety for those who like to go to the tournament. For example, I live near Toronto so it's not as novel to go there to watch tennis although I will still make the trip. However, Montreal which is farther is an amazing city so it gives my husband and I a reason to take the 7 hour road trip there. It has a European feel to it with great shopping, food etc so mix in tennis and it doesn't get any better than that.
canadia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #4942
country flag Sp!ffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMary View Post
Um. No. But maybe Jarmila Groth or Kveta Peschke!!!
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #4943
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadia View Post
It makes it fun and provides variety for those who like to go to the tournament. For example, I live near Toronto so it's not as novel to go there to watch tennis although I will still make the trip. However, Montreal which is farther is an amazing city so it gives my husband and I a reason to take the 7 hour road trip there. It has a European feel to it with great shopping, food etc so mix in tennis and it doesn't get any better than that.
I really want to go to Canada! If i do i'll make sure I go to Montreal
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #4944
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
I really want to go to Canada! If i do i'll make sure I go to Montreal
Best city in the world 'The European New York' they call it.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #4945
country flag LleytonFan

LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road LleytonFan is on a distinguished road

Sharapova returns home
Russia’s former World No. 1 makes the journey back to her roots in Chernobyl

Tom Tebbutt

Globe and Mail Update
Published on Friday, Jul. 16, 2010 10:48PM EDT
Last updated on Saturday, Jul. 17, 2010 12:03AM EDT

Maria Sharapova left the following post on her website earlier this week: “Home sweet home. After 10 weeks on the road!!! I could not wait to get to my favorite coffee shop. No time for jet lag, I am training hard, getting ready for a world team tennis match (July 20 in Newport Beach, Calif.,) and Stanford (the WTA Tour event in Palo Alto, Calif., starting July 26).”

It was an eventful 10 weeks away from her residence in Huntington Beach, Calif., as she returned to the tour, after a troublesome elbow ligament injury in mid March, to play two months later in Madrid (first-round loss to Lucie Safarova), then the low-level event in Strasbourg, France, (winning the title), the French Open (third round loss to Justine Henin), Birmingham, England, (loss in final to Li Na) and Wimbledon – a round-of-16 loss to Serena Williams by a 7-6(9), 6-4 score.

In the latter match, possibly her best performance since returning in April last year from 2008 shoulder surgery, she held three set points in the opening set against eventual-champion Williams.

“I take a lot out of it,” she said about the solid showing. “Ultimately, I look back at the whole trip, kind of looking back at not being great in Madrid, not really feeling that I was ready to be out playing a tournament. (Then) working my way up and working toward that (the Williams match), and putting myself in a good position to do really well. A few mistakes that I shouldn’t have made could have ultimately led to winning the first set, and you never know what can happen.”

Before the US Open at the end of August, Sharapova’s schedule includes Stanford, Cincinnati (August 9) and the Rogers Cup in Montreal (August 16).

After Wimbledon, she went to Chernobyl area in Belarus, where her mother Yelena and father Yuri once lived. They moved away to Siberia after the devastating nuclear reactor explosion there on April 26, 1986. It was reported the accident produced 90 times more radioactivity than the atomic bombs that exploded in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan, during World War II.

Sharapova was born in Nyagan, Siberia, exactly 51 weeks after the Chernobyl disaster, which actually took place in Ukraine but most heavily affected Belarus.

She was supposed to visit two years ago but had to cancel the trip to get treatment on her injured shoulder. She said, during a conference call on Friday, that she is happy that she went now because more projects are underway, including one that received a $250,000 (US) donation from her. “At first my initiative was to really spread the world around the world that something like this is still affecting so many lives in those regions,” she said. “The main problem for all those people is their lack of belief in recovery. Still on a current basis, people are affected because of the radiation.”

Sharapova, 23, explained, about the projects, that there are “a few different ones, because Chernobyl hit in three different countries, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. We have a total of eight projects, based around children.”

Summing up, she said, “To go there and to actually see the progress that’s being made in the projects that I’m involved with, and the reaction from the people in those towns, was amazing. And I got to see my grandma who I haven’t seen in... forever. And I got to go back to the apartment where my dad used to live – both of my parents are from Belarus so it was kind of like back to the roots for a little bit of a reality check in a way.

“To actually hear from the people that I work with and from the students that I kind of sponsor their university and their art university and their tuition throughout the year – I got to speak to them and finally meet them. To hear about the progress and what we should do is a little bit different hearing in person than hearing them over email or over the phone.”

Sharapova did more traveling in Europe, going to Sweden to spend time with officials from one of her major sponsors, Sony Ericsson, and also visiting Italy with her boyfriend Sasha Vujacic, the Slovenian guard for the Los Angeles Lakers. At 6-foot-7, Vujacic makes the 6-foot-2 Sharapova look, proportionally, like a more normal-sized girlfriend.

After a disappointing season, and some spotty performances in the playoffs, Vujacic made two free throws with 11.7 seconds remaining in the seventh game of the NBA Finals to seal the Lakers’ 83-79 victory over the Boston Celtics.

Asked where she was when Vujacic hit the two perfect swishes on June 17, four days before Wimbledon began, Sharapova said, “I was closing my eyes in my house in London.

“I was happy and thrilled and excited. I got to watch the majority of the games when I was home (in Los Angeles) and (then) I was on the road for a little while. It was actually the only game that I stayed up and watched and it was a great final.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1643385/
LleytonFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #4946
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Oh, look Masha lives in HB now.
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #4947
country flag cyannnnn

cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold cyannnnn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
HB????

now i have my 4 favorites players
justine henin
maria sharapova
amélie mauresmo
kim clijsters
cyannnnn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #4948
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Huntington Beach, California
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #4949
country flag oneandonly

oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future oneandonly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
Why would she leave MB?
Official Winners and Aces Supplier of the Maria Mafia
Official Good Luck Charm of the Jankobitches Clinic
oneandonly is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #4950
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Heh. I think that's just the fact checker not fact checking.