** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 151 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #2251
country flag pepaw

pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

thats means i have/will have gone an entire school year without maria playing
Advertisement

Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:49 AM   #2252
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

Sharapova refused to speculate on what she will do for the Miami tournament later this month, saying she no longer sets timetables for herself.

I'll take a target date if we can't get a timetable. Is there a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaTheBest View Post

Sharapova Out of Miami; Targets Rome Return
Matt cronin

FROM THE BNP PARIBAS OPEN IN INDIAN WELLS, MARCH 17 - Former No. 1 Maria Sharapova pulled out of next week’s Sony Ericsson Open in Miami on Wednesday and is targeting a return on clay at Rome at the beginning of May, ******************** has learned. After going to Miami on Tuesday do sponsor visits, media and attend the player party, Sharapova will head to Phoenix, where she spent part of fall recovering from shoulder surgery, to continue her training.
While Sharapova competed at doubles at Indian Wells where she and Elena Vesnina lost a first round match, she finds that getting practice court time at Miami is more difficult and fells that she’d be better off continuing her rehab and training in Phoenix. Her shoulder is said to be progressing nicely and she was pleased that at Indian Wells, she was able to hit fairly high service speeds.
Three-time Grand Slam champion Sharapova, who has said that she won’t be comfortable returning in singles until she can contest two of three set matches for a minimum of seven days in a row, is also planning on competing at the new tournament in Madrid the week after Rome, and at Roland Garros.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #2253
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously do not believe she is going to come back for Rome or Roland Garros at this point, grass season here we come.....

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #2254
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

making her singles comeback on clay?? After not having played for about nine month?? I only believe this when I see it....
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #2255
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Actually if any of this is true, clay would be a great start for her. Clay tends to be easier on your body than hardcourts or grass. And there would be no pressure for her to perform since it's her worst surface.

Of course, we have to take a wait and see approach as always.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #2256
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Actually if any of this is true, clay would be a great start for her. Clay tends to be easier on your body than hardcourts or grass. And there would be no pressure for her to perform since it's her worst surface.

Of course, we have to take a wait and see approach as always.
I totally agree. I dont think Clay would be a bad option and hey Maria is not the type to turn her back on competition or a challenge of she is healthy and ready to go she will play even if it is clay.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #2257
country flag Taja05

Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light

Clay would actually be a very good surface to return to for singles matches. She obviously wants to compete at RG and if she's healthy will probably play a couple of warm-up tournaments before that and on clay serve is definitely not that important. She'll now have over a month to practice and I really hope she'll be ready to play in May but she really is testing her fans' patience to the limit.
Taja05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #2258
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

Quote:
After going to Miami on Tuesday do sponsor visits, media and attend the player party, Sharapova will head to Phoenix, where she spent part of fall recovering from shoulder surgery, to continue her training.
So... he is saying that Maria will do sponsor visits, media and attend the Miami player party next Tuesday, the 24th? Then go to Phoenix?

Wonder if and where she is practicing this week.

Was there ever a video, or a report on how well Maria moved and reacted at the net in the doubles match? So much leading up---so little reporting of what actually happened, unless I missed something.
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #2259
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of

Maria Sharapova holds court

Playing professional tennis can be lonely. No teamwork.

Just ask Maria Sharapova, who admits to having very few -- well, no -- friends on tour.

''It's difficult,'' says the gorgeous ace. "One second you're at dinner with them, then you're playing them. Tennis is very competitive. If you lose, you're out -- you don't have a second chance. It's just business.''

The court superstar knows about that -- business. A shoulder injury has knocked her out of playing at the Sony Ericsson Open at Crandon Park this week, but hasn't kept her from working. Er, endorsing.

Last year, Forbes ranked the Russia native as the highest-paid female athlete in the world, raking in $26 million-plus in ad deals alone.

On Wednesday, Sharapova will show off her new casual lifestyle line, Cole Haan Sporting, at the CH store at the Village of Merrick Park. The label is owned by Nike, which Sharapova also backs.

It's a good chance for bleacher creatures to check out a different side of the athlete.

''Any time I can give my time, I'm happy to do it,'' she says from Los Angeles, where she owns a home. "The Maria they see on court is very aggressive and in these situations I'm much friendlier.''

Still, fans get nervous in her presence.

''They get very excited and don't know where anything is,'' she says, laughing. "They lose their pens, their cameras.''

Sharapova may be sidelined by her shoulder, but it hasn't gotten the best of her.

''I'm getting over the hump on not having the [same] strength,'' she says. "I hope to be playing again soon.''

Yoga, Pilates and jogging help Sharapova stay in fighting shape. Forget treadmills.

''I hate the atmosphere of a gym with everyone sweating -- it's like robot world,'' says Sharapova, who prefers running on The Strand in Manhattan Beach. "I like to enjoy the scenery, instead of staring at one thing. It takes your mind off what you're doing.''

Another place the tennista finds solace is Bradenton, where she has another home.

''The average age there is 80,'' she says. "No offense; I love it. It's an oasis because there's not much to do. After I'm traveling around the world it's good to come back to such a peaceful place.''

When the three-time Grand Slam champ wants some action, she putters over to Miami Beach, to ''sit at outdoor cafes watching random people'' or hunt for vintage duds.

''I love shopping,'' she admits."I look at the workmanship to see how stuff is made. I'm like that person you see at the news stands who goes through all the magazines.''

Hmm, who'd have thunk it?

Another surprising fact: Sharapova isn't inspired by any of the greats like Billy Jean King, Chris Evert or even fellow countrywoman Martina Navratilova.

''Everyone has their weaknesses,'' she says."You could have great mental strength or a great backhand, but no one has the complete package. Including myself.''

-- MADELEINE MARR

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...ry/966213.html

Last edited by LoveMasha2008 : Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
LoveMasha2008 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #2260
country flag brandy

brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice brandy is just really nice

Thanks for the article. Today, fresh news; I hope...
brandy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #2261
country flag nelsondan

Thank you so much for posting that. It appears that Maria stayed in LA after playing the doubles match---I wonder if Cronin had it right---that she is headed for AZ this week.

She should be be in Merrick Park---right now.

This was almost as good as her doodles.
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #2262
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Well, hearing that sounds like there is still a lot of work to be done on her shoulder.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #2263
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Hm, I find it interesting that she isn't inspired by any of the tennis greats. I wonder who or what inspires her then.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #2264
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty. View Post
Hm, I find it interesting that she isn't inspired by any of the tennis greats. I wonder who or what inspires her then.
I was also wondering that before. I think she already said that a while ago. It's hard to believe that she doesn't have that one favorite player from the past.

But "fellow countrywoman Martina Navratilova"???
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 06:36 AM   #2265
country flag pepaw

pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute pepaw has a reputation beyond repute

thats from last year.