** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #166
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
quotes after the Kirilenko match -

"I've known her for such a long time, we're such good buddies. It's hard to play a good friend, especially in the first round, but I'm sure we'll have a lot of opportunities to play each other more.

"I knew she would give it all she had, because a lot of players ranked where she is have nothing to lose when they play me. That's something I have to accept.

"It was tough to close out the first set. I was up 0/40 on her serve at 6-5 and she came up with some good shots. The first set really could have gone anywhere, so I was really happy to win it.

"Once I toughen the first set out, I thought I was pretty much in control. After those long points, I know the opponent starts thinking `this is what you have to do for two more sets in order to win.' Mentally you get stronger, you do that all in the first few games in the set and feel my opponent might break down.

"There was a lot of rustiness, that's for sure. The first match after a lay-off is tough. First matches are always tough. You practise hard and work on a lot of things, but the actual competition is totally different. You never know, you have to go out there and shake it all off. I was just trying to get in a groove, get my feet wet. Overall there's lots of room for improvement.

"Winning the tournament is all I'm thinking about. I'm more focused on winning the tournament than becoming No. 1 for now. If I keep winning I'll become No. 1. Being No. 1 is just a number on a paper but being No. 2 is not that bad either."
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #167
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Born-to-win superstar Maria Sharapova dazzles at the Open

by Paul Teetor

Maria Sharapova got her own bobblehead this week at the JP Morgan Chase Open. If she wins the tournament she'll also get the number one ranking in woman's tennis.

Robert Lansdorp is just her coach, but he sure sounded like an expectant father.

“She’ll be my fourth number one,” the 66-year-old Lansdorp said Tuesday night as he sat in the outdoor cocktail lounge looking down at the stadium court where Maria Sharapova warmed up for her second round match at the JPMorgan Chase Open. “No one else has ever done that.”

Lansdorp made his mystical, Obi-Wan-Kenobi reputation by developing three Palos Verdes Peninsula phenoms – Tracy Austin, Pete Sampras and Lindsay Davenport – into tennis Hall-of-Famers. But the sheer speed of Sharapova’s ascent – two years ago she came to Carson as a 16-year-old unknown and made it to the third round, where she took a set off eventual champion Kim Clijsters – has shocked even her long-time coach.

“I knew she’d be number one the first time I saw her at 10 years old,” he said wistfully. “But everything has come so fast for her. I want her to feel she had to fight for it, so that when she becomes number one she stays number one for a long time.”

Lansdorp recalled that two years ago the story line here turned on whether Clijsters would win the tournament and thus gain enough points to move up to the top ranking. “Maria could only dream about something like that two years ago,” he said. “Now she’s living the exact same situation.”

Well, not quite. All Sharapova has to do this week is make the semifinals – highly likely, considering she was already into the third round as of Tuesday night – and the all-knowing computer will anoint her number one, overtaking Davenport, who is out this week with an injury.

At a burly 6-foot-2 with a shaggy head of silvery hair, Lansdorp is an imposing physical presence. Several fans that noticed him stopped to say hi as he conducted his interview with the Easy Reader.

“I seem to have a lot more fans since Maria became so famous,” he said. “Especially male fans.”

It girl

After being the ER’s very own Cover Girl in mid-August 2003 – in a story in which we predicted she would be number one “within a few years” -- Sharapova didn’t play Carson last year. She was too busy riding the emotional – and commercial – high of being the youngest Wimbledon winner ever a month earlier. So, until this week, Beach City tennis fans haven’t had a chance to see her up close and personal in the last 24 months.

No matter how big, how flat or how plasmatic the screen, TV just isn’t the same as being there when it comes to a sport where the atmosphere is intimate – like in the Home Depot Center’s beautiful cathedral of a tennis stadium -- and where the hot young ladies in tight outfits are part of the sport’s curb appeal.

The Sharapova who walked out on the court at twilight Tuesday to wild applause and catcalls, was a vision that set off a thousand digital cameras. An Amazonian blond beauty in neon green and gold, she has grown from 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-2, taken on the confident demeanor that comes with achieving her wildest dreams early, and has gracefully and fearlessly accepted the It Girl designation by a sport that tends to eat its young – see Martina Hingis, Anna Kournakova, the Williams sisters…

Her game, while a bit more refined, is essentially the same one she unveiled two years ago: a huge serve, wheel-of-fire groundstrokes, suffocating court coverage and a raw but improving volley. And of course she floats around the court with an otherworldly gracefulness, a leggy colt blessed with stop-on-a-Euro agility, great quickness and incredible reach. What separates her from the pack is her high-risk, high-reward willingness to go for the corners and be the aggressor every single point. She is always looking to attack, even on the few points she is forced to play defense. And once she gets a short ball to work with, the point is over.

Warming up for her first match since failing to defend her Wimbledon title – she lost in the semis to eventual champion Venus Williams – Sharapova towered over her equally-blond-and-nearly-as-talented best friend, Maria Kirilenko, four months older and ranked 48 spots behind her.

The two look-alike phenoms – both wore color-coordinated visors beneath the stadium lights -- started out following the media’s script, with Sharapova winning most of the long rallies when she wasn’t banging big serves for winners. She broke serve right away, went up 2-0 and the crowd settled back for the Sharapova show promised in every single promotion, poster and press release since February.

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #168
country flag goldenlox

Anatomy of a win

But these two teenagers have played a million times in practice and are always trying to outthink each other. Suddenly Kirilenko started winning the long rallies with her equally fierce groundstrokes. Sharapova donated a few going-for-too-much unforced errors and before anyone knew what happened Kirilenko was up 3-2. Now Sharapova paced like a caged tiger while Lansdorp and her father, Yuri Sharapov, leaned down from their side-by-side courtside seats trying not to look too worried.

They traded service breaks the rest of the set, battling all the way to 6-5, 0-40 Sharapova, with three set points for the taking. But Kirilenko, an equally great competitor and a little more precise in her tactics and strategy than Sharapova, fought off all three break points to eventually get into the tiebreaker.

When Kirilenko went up 2-1 in the breaker an impatient voice cried out from the bleacher bums high up in the stadium “Come on, Sharapova, let’s go already” and many fans clapped nervously. Now both players bore down hard, bending deep to hit their two-handed laser backhands, running into their buggy-whip forehands at full speed and covering the court like a June Gloom fog at dawn.

Kirilenko went up 3-2 but Sharapova tied it and then went up 4-3 on what appeared to be two consecutive bad calls by the linesman on the far baseline. The crowd, which backed Kirilenko as long as she didn’t do anything crazy like actually win the match, went wild whistling and yelling to correct the injustice. Kirilenko, normally a sweetheart, stalked around the court and refused to continue play, at one point even pointing her racket at the chair umpire like a weapon. But the calls stood and they finally resumed at 4-3.

Sharapova smacked a service winner to go up 5-4, but after a 26-ball rally Kirilenko rifled a gorgeous backhand past a frustrated Sharapova to level at 5-5. Now the crowd, which had swelled to at least 5,000, buzzed with excitement as slicksters on cell phones whispered loudly about the hot babes slugging it out in front of them -- and check the news at 11 to see if you spot me, alright?

Sharapova, by now shrieking every time she hit the ball, hit corner after corner with her dominating forehand and finally drew an error from a lunging Kirilenko to go up 6-5 for her fourth set point. But Kirilenko showed why she is such a hot prospect on the tour, coming in behind a beautiful service return to hit a backhand volley winner before Sharapova could get into the rally.

Now it was 6-6 and they changed sides again while the buzz grew, cameras clicking like crickets. Sharapova increased her aggression level and hit her own backhand volley winner to go up 7-6 for her fifth set point. But again Kirilenko won a long rally and leveled at 7-7. Now Sharapova reared back and banged an ace, and on her sixth set point she finally maneuvered Kirilenko into a running forehand that clipped the top of the net and fell back. Sharapova exhaled and raised her arms more in relief than triumph.

The second set was a formality – Kirilenko took an injury break right in the middle – and before you could eat one of the $6.50 lobster sandwiches it was all over, 7-6 (7), 6-2 and Sharapova was moving on toward her destiny. And showing she had also worked on her media skills.

Asked if it was true as reported in the Los Angeles Times Tuesday morning that she is now 6-foot-2, she giggled winningly. “Unfortunately, yes,” she said. “You should see me in heels.”

The crowd loved it and the love flowed both ways as she hit balls into the stands and signed an unending procession of hats, programs and those huge, annoying fuzzy-yellow tennis balls.

“She loves being a star,” Lansdorp said as she talked and signed at the same time. “She was born to be a star.”

Tourney tip sheet

While Sharapova is the even-money favorite to win the tournament that runs through Sunday at the Home Depot Center in Carson, there are plenty of other contenders even without Davenport, who withdrew very late because of an injury, and Williams, who withdrew early because of a lingering psychological issue: climbing to the mountaintop is a lot harder the second time around.

Two days of watching the practice courts and talking to coaches and media produced the following championship tip sheet, along with the odds of each contender cashing the winners’ $93,000 check Sunday afternoon.

Mary Pierce – At the grand old age of 30 she’s having a late career comeback and is hitting the ball as solidly as ever. The problem, also as ever, comes in her movement: she’s a poor woman’s Davenport, a great ball striker when she has time to set up but wildly inconsistent when you can get her on the run. Deserves a ton of credit for overcoming one of the worst tennis dads of all time and carving out a life of her own and a long career just below the superstar level. Odds: 4:1

Kim Clijsters: Another comeback kid at the age of 22. Not from the yearlong ankle injury that knocked her from the number one spot but rather from her near-disastrous engagement to Australian twerp Lleyton Hewitt, currently ranked third in the world but first in the rude-crude-and-lewd, most-hated-since-Connors department. Aussie Kim has gone back to being sweet, thoughtful Belgian Kim and her game is blossoming to the point where she is again a serious contender for number one. The best retriever and defender in the game, she is a great athlete whose signature move – the full-tilt split while retrieving a short, wide shot – always amazes the crowd. Odds: 2:1

Elena Dementieva: Lansdorp confessed that now that Sharapova is about to be number one, he hopes that Dementieva – another willowy young Russian blond beauty – will reach out to him to make that final leap to the top. “I could fix that serve of hers,” he said, pinpointing the only thing holding back the brainy beauty whose fiery groundstokes are usually enough to overcome her horrible serve. It’s an albatross around her lovely neck, primarily because her sideways service toss ensures that in most matches EVERY SINGLE SERVE goes to the opponents’ forehand side, assuming they’re right-handed. It makes her serve more predictable than Jay Leno armed with a new Michael Jackson rumor, and everybody attacks it because they don’t want to get into a long rally with her. She’s projected to meet Sharapova in Saturday’s semifinals, which could be a classic match. Odds: 3:1

Svetlana Kuznetsova – Last year’s US Open winner is showing signs of being a one-hit wonder. While she has beautiful strokes and is extremely fit despite her stocky build, she has been mentally fragile at critical moments against the top players, trying crazy shots and going for too much too soon. But there’s plenty of time to recover for the young Russian and a win here could start her toward a US Open repeat. Odds: 3:1.

Katerina Bondarenko – This Ukranian teenager won the junior Wimbledon title last year and is a rising star with a bullet on the WTA tour. She has a ferocious serve that is consistently in the 110-mph range, plays with an animal passion and has the groundstroke weapons to go all the way. Currently ranked 195th, she battled her way through qualifying into the main draw and Tuesday afternoon took out 39th ranked Evgenia Linetskaya, winning the first set 6-0 while hitting shots that drew gasps from the crowd. Unfortunately, she would have to face Sharapova in Friday’s quarterfinals if they both got that far. Odds: 25:1.

Shuai Peng – Another star of the near future, this 19-year-old Chinese woman is leading the Chinese side of the Asian Invasion – seven of this week’s 64 players are either Japanese or Chinese. She has a beautiful game featuring two-handed strokes on both sides. Most coaches fear it will hold back her tremendous potential by limiting her reach and touch on the forehand, but she seems comfortable with it and is rocketing up the rankings, now at a career-high 46. Odds: 25:1.

Old Aug 13th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #169
country flag goldenlox

Injury Slows Sharapova's Move to No. 1

By BETH HARRIS, AP Sports Writer

Maria Sharapova is on her way to becoming No. 1 in the world. She'll have to put the celebration on hold for another 10 days, though.

Sharapova withdrew from the JPMorgan Chase Open because of a strained chest muscle Friday, postponing her move from No. 2 into the top spot. The tournament's top seed was scheduled to play ninth-seeded Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia in an evening quarterfinal match.

A victory would have given the 18-year-old Russian enough points to overtake injured American Lindsay Davenport as No. 1.

Instead, Sharapova will become the first Russian to hold the top spot on Aug. 22. She will be the fifth youngest at No. 1, and the 15th player in that coveted spot since the WTA Tour rankings began in 1975.

Sharapova is entered in next week's tournament at Toronto, but she said the chances of her playing are "not very big."

Whether she plays another match or not, she'll overtake Davenport in the rankings points. Davenport did not enter Toronto.

"The computer doesn't lie," said Sharapova, the 2004 Wimbledon champion. "You have to achieve something to get there. It's been an amazing two years and the achievement is amazing."

Sharapova received treatment on her injured right chest muscle Friday morning, but was in too much pain to practice and decided to withdraw.

"I didn't find any miracle cream that would work," she said, smiling. "I can do a lot of things with my arm, except serve and hit a forehand."

Sharapova had hinted Thursday that her status was doubtful. She said she played in pain during a 4-6, 6-4, 7-5 third-round win over Anna Chakvetadze of Russia.

She said the injury on her right side affected her ability to serve hard and pound forehands, the biggest strengths of her game.

The WTA Tour said Sharapova's injury occurred during practice Monday, although she said she originally strained the chest muscle in October at a tournament in Zurich, playing with heavier balls.

"Since then, it's been an on and off problem for me," she said Thursday. "I don't think the pain is going to go away with me trying to play and hit as hard as I can."

She had an MRI on Wednesday that showed the muscle is inflamed, not torn. She had it taped for Thursday's match, but the tape restricted her movement.

Meanwhile, fifth-seeded Kim Clijsters reached the semifinals with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over No. 4 seed Nadia Petrova.

Clijsters improved to 13-1 this year against Russian players, and 4-0 against Petrova in her career.

"The Russians play a similar type of game, they hit the ball hard and consistent. I enjoy playing them," she said. "I kept her moving from side to side. I had to mix it up."

Clijsters next will meet 13th-seeded Francesca Schiavone of Italy, a 7-5, 6-4 winner over 33-year-old Conchita Martinez of Spain.

Hantuchova advanced via walkover to her third semifinal of the year. She will play the winner of the evening match between No. 3 Elena Dementieva and qualifier Tathiana Garbin of Italy.

Sharapova insisted Thursday that she felt no pressure to continue playing despite the tournament being hard hit by the earlier injury withdrawals of Davenport, Serena Williams, Mary Pierce, Vera Zvonareva, Elena Likhovtseva and Ai Sugiyama.

"It's not important for me to play," she said, adding that her goal is to be healthy for the U.S. Open beginning Aug. 29.

With the losses of Davenport and Williams, tournament promoters had focused their advertising on Sharapova, including a giveaway of 5,000 bobblehead dolls in her likeness Friday night.

"It is a bit of a flukish thing that we've had that many players injured at the same time," said Larry Scott, WTA Tour chairman and CEO.

He congratulated Sharapova on her impending move up.

"It's a bittersweet moment that the fans can't see her do it on the court," he said.

Old Aug 14th, 2005, 12:50 AM   #170
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the articles GL
Andy. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #171
country flag Andy Mac

Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future
Sharapova top seed in Rogers Cup tennis tournament despite injury

JULIE SCOTT 11 minutes ago

TORONTO (CP) - Maria Sharapova is the top seed for the $1.3-million US Rogers Cup but there's no guarantee the Russian star will be healthy enough to play in the women's tennis tournament.

Sharapova, the most popular player on the WTA Tour and biggest draw of the Toronto event, was slotted atop the drawsheet Saturday, just a day after she withdrew from the JPMorgan Chase Open in California because of a strained pectoral muscle.

As of Saturday, Sharapova hadn't withdrawn from the Rogers Cup, which gets under way Monday at the Rexall Centre.

Stacey Allaster, the tournament's director, described Sharapova's status as "day-to-day". As one of the top eight seeds, she has a first-round bye and won't play until midweek.

"It's definitely too early for her to withdraw because her first match wouldn't be until Wednesday," said Allaster.

Sharapova, the No. 2-ranked player in the world, was to have two injury treatments Saturday and two more Sunday before trying to hit some balls Monday.

"At that time, they'll probably assess if the treatment is really helping the injury that she has and we'll find out definitively if she'll be able to join us," said Allaster.

While Allaster said Sharapova really wants to play, she did admit the injury was "pretty serious."

"They're going to do their very best with these treatments today and tomorrow and we'll just have to see how here body responds," she said. "It's not 50-50 that's for sure."

If Sharapova drops out, a lucky loser will get her spot in the main draw.

Three Canadians received wild cards into the tournament. Marie-Eve Pelletier of Repentigny, Que., the top-ranked Canadian on the WTA Tour at No. 116, will face No. 74 Maria Vento-Kabchi of Venezuela while 253rd-ranked Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Que., will have her hands full with Japan's Shinobu Asagoe, who's ranked 29th in the world. Stephanie Dubois of Laval, Que., ranked 149th, drew a qualifier.

"I've played Vento before and I've seen her a lot throughout the years," said Pelletier. "I just love to play here in Toronto.

"I'm really excited to have the home crowd."

Canadians were 0-for-7 in qualifying Saturday. Toronto's Maureen Drake and Sharon Fichman, Ekaterina Shulaeva of Oakville, Ont., Valerie Tetreault of St. Jean Sur Richelieu, Que., Melanie Gloria of Montreal, Heidi El Tabakh of London, Ont., and Jillian O'Neill of Beaconsfield, Que., all suffered first-round losses.

But 14-year-old Fichman, who was defeated 6-0, 6-1 by Rika Fujiwara of Japan, said it was a great learning experience.

"It was my second match in a professional tournament," she said. "It's a new level and it takes time to get used to."

News of Sharapova's injury Friday came just hours before American Venus Williams withdrew due to the flu. No. 13-ranked Australian Alicia Molik and No. 16 Russian Elena Bovina also withdrew earlier in the week.

But losing top-flight players is nothing new for the lone Canadian stop on the WTA calendar. In 2003, several top-ranked players backed out, including American Jennifer Capriati on the day of the draw, while last year's event in Montreal was also missing several top players.

Despite the loss of Williams and Sharapova's uncertain status, the tournament still features 14 of the top 20 players, including defending champion Amelie Mauresmo of France, Williams' sister, Serena, Belgian stars Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters, Russians Svetlana Kuznetsova and Anastasia Myskina and Montreal-born Mary Pierce, who plays for France.

Pierce, the No. 8 seed, has been struggling with a thigh injury but is hoping to play here. Like Sharapova, she has a first-round bye.

"I'm talking to Mary daily," said Allaster. "The fact that Venus withdrew was actually a benefit to Mary because now she's in the top eight."

Mauresmo is seeded second, followed by Kuznetsova, Henin-Hardenne, Serena Williams, Russian Nadia Petrova, Clijsters and Pierce.

After playing for France in the Fed Cup last month, Mauresmo took a few weeks off to rest and practise in Europe. The Rogers Cup will be key to her preparation for the U.S. Open later this month. But she says something else motivates her to do well in Toronto.

"I'm coming here as the defending champion so I really want to try to hold that trophy," she said. "Of course it's great preparation for the Open but you also want to focus on what you have to do here."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/2005...HE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

If you've been unfairly badrepped go here: http://www2.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=153890&page=1

CHARLOTTE PETRICK

remember that name!

0001..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Member of Marias Mafia, known to many as scarface
Andy Mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 06:35 AM   #172
country flag waratahsrock

waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwi Bid For Sharapova Fails

View larger image

Maria Sharapova
Reuters

17/08/2005
NewstalkZB
You have to give ASB Classic tournament director Richard Palmer some credit for trying.

Palmer launched an audacious bid to secure world tennis number two Maria Sharapova for January's tournament in Auckland, but has been beaten to her signature by the rival Gold Coast tournament.

Russian star Anna Kournikova was lured down under a few years ago and Palmer was confident he could nab the current Russian glamour girl.

He says they have been in consultation with her agent and got the word only last week that Sharapova would go to the Gold Coast, but in the future they have not ruled out playing in Auckland.

Palmer confirmed that sponsors were prepared to offer a financial incentive to entice Sharapova to play in Auckland but it was not enough.

He won't say how much they were prepared to pay to lure the star down under.

He heads off to the US Open next week and is optimistic he will be able to secure a top ten player for the ASB Classic.

admittedly the chances of Maria ever comming here are extremely slim, but it is only a tier 4.
i'm pretty gutted that i've booked all my holidays in the near future, i would've gone to the gold coast, but will have to wait for the Aussie Open!
waratahsrock is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #173
country flag Andy Mac

Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future Andy Mac has a brilliant future
thanks mate

If you've been unfairly badrepped go here: http://www2.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=153890&page=1

CHARLOTTE PETRICK

remember that name!

0001..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Member of Marias Mafia, known to many as scarface
Andy Mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 07:44 AM   #174
country flag katrientje

katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all
8-18-05: Sharapova Dating Maroon 5's Levine

Levine leg ova Sharapova
By EMILY SMITH
US Editor

TENNIS babe Maria Sharapova is dating Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine.

The stunning blonde has been secretly seeing American rocker Adam, 26, after they met in a New York club.

They got together in April after he serenaded the 2004 Wimbledon champion during her 18th birthday party at trendy Hiro.

A friend of the Maroon 5 heart-throb said: “Adam always has a lot of women after him. But he really likes Maria, and they have been seeing each other quietly for months.”

Adam, whose hit single She Will Be Loved propelled his band to worldwide fame, had been dating model Kelly McGee.

But they split last year after Robbie Williams kept chatting her up. He said at the time: “I am having a massive feud with Robbie Williams at the moment — do you know who he is?

“I had to warn that dude to stay away. He just kept hitting on my girlfriend. That man will hit on anyone. He is unbelievable.”

Adam was also previously linked to actress Natalie Portman.

Russian Maria is set to earn a staggering £20million this year from endorsement deals alone.

She previously said she was too busy with her tennis for boyfriends — despite being linked with Spanish ace Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Los Angeles-based Maroon 5 have had an amazing eight months.

Their debut album Songs About Jane sold three million copies. And single This Love was the first to become a platinum download.

Good luck to K-lina Sprem, Venus, Tati Golovin, Daniela, and Lena D
katrientje is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #175
country flag Roshane

Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice Roshane is just really nice
Wow! She earns a lot of money. 20 million pounds = $37 million

maybe is there a mistake? Did they mean $20 million???
Roshane is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #176
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrientje

Levine leg ova Sharapova
By EMILY SMITH
US Editor

The stunning blonde has been secretly seeing American rocker Adam, 26, after they met in a New York club.

They got together in April after he serenaded the 2004 Wimbledon champion during her 18th birthday party at trendy Hiro.

A friend of the Maroon 5 heart-throb said: “Adam always has a lot of women after him. But he really likes Maria, and they have been seeing each other quietly for months.”

Adam, whose hit single She Will Be Loved propelled his band to worldwide fame, had been dating model Kelly McGee.

But they split last year after Robbie Williams kept chatting her up. He said at the time: “I am having a massive feud with Robbie Williams at the moment — do you know who he is?

“I had to warn that dude to stay away. He just kept hitting on my girlfriend. That man will hit on anyone. He is unbelievable.”

Russian Maria is set to earn a staggering £20million this year from endorsement deals alone.

She previously said she was too busy with her tennis for boyfriends — despite being linked with Spanish ace Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Their debut album Songs About Jane sold three million copies. And single This Love was the first to become a platinum download.
yeah right

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #177
country flag @m@nd@

@m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute @m@nd@ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrientje

Levine leg ova Sharapova
By EMILY SMITH
US Editor

Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #178
country flag goldenlox

MAROON 5 singer ADAM LEVINE has reportedly been enjoying a secret romance with tennis superstar MARIA SHARAPOVA for months - despite the busy blonde's apparent reluctance to date.

The pair met at New York nightspot Hiro, when the SHE WILL BE LOVED star Levine serenaded the Wimbledon champion at her 18th birthday bash (APR05).

And although Sharapova has insisted she is too busy for love, she appears to be making time for the hunky 26-year-old.

A friend tells British newspaper The Sun, "Adam always has a lot of women after him. But he really likes Maria, and they have been seeing each other quietly for months."

Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #179
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
As soon as two famous people from the opposite sex are spotted together they are a couple

the media is so very sad.....

I especially always like the part when they say that 'a friend said' this and that

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #180
country flag !!!--Duiz™--!!!
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summon
As soon as two famous people from the opposite sex are spotted together they are a couple

the media is so very sad.....

I especially always like the part when they say that 'a friend said' this and that

like the Andy and Maria thingy...

Poor pathetic tabloids...

Supernova Sharapova

0009..Eternal Follower of Golden Girl
The Official Violin Player in Kirlenko's Orchestra
!!!--Duiz™--!!! is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread