** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 111 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #1651
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
She didn't say anything about religion, or how she used to be a personal friend of Jesus, who played snap with her in an Italian airport and gave her a cross on a flight out. In fact the interview makes her appear shallow. I'd like to know exactly how much of her money she is spending on Carmilla Belle, and how much she has donated to various other charities. It must be quite a few millions by now.

There was no mention of the United Nations resolution, signed by 89 countries saying "Maria is not really that nice."

Can't you do something about that?
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #1652
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Three Tour Stars Make Forbes Celebrity 100

NEW YORK, NY, USA - High-level female tennis players have been ranked in the Forbes Celebrity 100, with Maria Sharapova the highest-placed female athlete. Sharapova, Serena Williams and Justine Henin are all in this year's Forbes Celebrity 100 list. The list ranks 100 of the most well-known and powerful celebrities in the world from the period of June 2007 to June 2008.

The three tennis stars have all been ranked No.1 on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour during their careers; while their rankings aren't quite so high on the Forbes list, they have still beaten, among others, supermodel Kate Moss and actor Charlie Sheen.

Russian-born Sharapova, named Top Female Athlete and ranked at No.61 on the Forbes Celebrity 100, has had a colorful career with 19 titles under her belt, including Grand Slam titles at Wimbledon (2004), the US Open (2006) and the Australian Open (2008); her career earnings to date amount to a grand total of $12,122,252. The 20-year-old is sponsored by a range of prestigious brands, including Sony Ericsson, TAG Heuer, Land Rover, Canon, Tiffany & Co, Nike, Colgate and Gatorade. One of her recent television appearances was on the US program The Late Show with David Letterman.

World No.6 Willams comes in at No.69 on this year's Forbes Celebrity 100. The 26-year-old, best known in tennis for her strength and speed on court, is also a powerful player in the celebrity arena, having dabbled in acting and fashion design. So far this year Williams has collected three titles, including the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami, where she also played the first-ever tennis match on water with Rafael Nadal. Williams' sponsors include Nike, Wilson and HP.

Sharapova and Williams also star in the Tour's brand new, multi-million-dollar advertising campaign, launched in London on Wednesday, June 18.

Henin shocked the world in May with her retirement, being the first tennis player on the Tour to retire while ranked No.1. At No.81 on the Forbes Celebrity 100, Henin is just four places below Hollywood superstar Cate Blanchett. Henin enjoyed a superb 2007, winning 10 out her 14 tournaments and becoming the first female athlete in history to win more than $5 million in a single year. Despite stepping away from the Tour, Henin will continue work at her 6th Sense Tennis Academy and Justine's Winners Circle children's foundation, among other things

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1...ContentID=2349
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #1653
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #1654
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

Gatorade UK launch

With Wimbledon only days away, Maria was at King's College School in Wimbledon, London, today to mark the UK launch of her sport drink of choice - Gatorade. Following a press conference to discuss the 'science of sweat', guests at the launch were put through their paces as they participated in a Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) sweat test, similar to the one Maria took part in herself last year. Just as in Maria's test, experts from the GSSI analyzed the participants' sweat content and hydration levels, in order to provide each of them with individual hydration plans to ensure they achieve their optimum performance when exercising. Maria also showcased the new UK Gatorade formula featuring no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives.

Maria's GSSI sweat test last year provided her with additional information on hydration. Sweat tests are designed to help athletes ensure that they are monitoring their hydration levels closely and drinking enough fluids and consuming enough salts and carbohydrates as they plays. Even slight dehydration can adversely affect both physical and mental performance - whether in elite athletes such as Maria or for everyday exercisers and enthusiastic amateurs. Just four days away from her third Grand Slam of 2008, Maria will be keeping the "three R's of Gatorade - Rehydrate, Replenish, Refuel" in mind as she looks to be crowned Wimbledon champion for the second time.
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #1655
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^
crap... why don't we get pics of it?!
edited: THERE'RE PICS ON GETTY
Natasc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #1656
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasc View Post
^^^^
crap... why don't we get pics of it?!
in the pics thread...
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #1657
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
There was no mention of the United Nations resolution, signed by 89 countries saying "Maria is not really that nice."

Can't you do something about that?
Excuse me? There is no such resolution, and you know it.

She bad repped me, and so I did something about that.
I don't really believe she hates Venus and other black people.

She really is nice, but she is young, just becoming an adult and finding out about the opposite sex and stuff. She works hard and believes life has dealt her a bad hand because she works all the time, and deserves every penny she has earned. She doesn't yet realize, obviously that not every nice charity case she meets is genuine, and not just some tomcat on the make.
I know this is going to sound patronizing in the extreme, but if you look at the other supermodels she is being compared to, you will see that most have a much clearer complexion than she does, not that there is anything wrong with that because if you look you will notice that bad complexions are becoming very popular with women these days, but having not met many of them personally she cannot possibly know that their lives are just as much hard work, and partying is not the be all and end all. She is angry because she is hungry for success, and I'm not saying Carmilla Bell got one of her friends to do a hatchet job interview on her, but that is what it looks like.
She doesn't need a beautiful face to play tennis, or to be a (role) model, because she has a body does all the talking for her.
mal is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #1658
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if you look at the other supermodels she is being compared to, you will see that most have a much clearer complexion than she does, not that there is anything wrong with that because if you look you will notice that bad complexions are becoming very popular with women these days, but having not met many of them personally she cannot possibly know that their lives are just as much hard work, and partying is not the be all and end all.
- Very few supermodels have clear skin. And if you think you can tell from their photos then you've really lost it. It's called make-up by pro MUAs. Not to mention that very few photos get released before touch-up.

- "Bad" complexions aren't more popular. That's beyond dumb. More women are freeing themselves from covering their skin with tons of makeup.

- Like you said Sharapova doesn't need a beautiful face, but IMO she does have one.

Last edited by pov : Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:37 PM.
pov is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #1659
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
She really is nice, but she is young, just becoming an adult and finding out about the opposite sex and stuff. She works hard and believes life has dealt her a bad hand because she works all the time, and deserves every penny she has earned. She doesn't yet realize, obviously that not every nice charity case she meets is genuine, and not just some tomcat on the make.
I know this is going to sound patronizing in the extreme, but if you look at the other supermodels she is being compared to, you will see that most have a much clearer complexion than she does, not that there is anything wrong with that because if you look you will notice that bad complexions are becoming very popular with women these days, but having not met many of them personally she cannot possibly know that their lives are just as much hard work, and partying is not the be all and end all. She is angry because she is hungry for success, and I'm not saying Carmilla Bell got one of her friends to do a hatchet job interview on her, but that is what it looks like.
She doesn't need a beautiful face to play tennis, or to be a (role) model, because she has a body does all the talking for her.
For someone who is only 21, she seems more adult to me than most of the people I meet who are in their 30s. She obviously carries herself well under microscopic criticism of her every move from people all around the world and that of course includes you-you should be proud.
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #1660
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute

SHARAPOVA WON'T SHIRK A CHALLENGE

Maria Sharapova is ready to take on the double Serbian challenge of Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic as she bids to become world number one again at Wimbledon.

A quarter-final defeat at the hands of fellow Russian Dinara Safina in the French Open quarter-finals cost Sharapova the top spot she held briefly following Justine Henin's surprise retirement from tennis.

The 21-year-old Russian has not played since her shock setback at Roland Garros but claims a period of rest and reflection back home in Florida has restored her body and mind as she heads for Wimbledon, where she won the title aged just 17 in 2004.

She said: "I took a little bit of time off after the French. I usually stay in Europe at this time of year but I wanted to change things up a little bit.

"It's been a long year and I've had a lot of matches. Compared to last year I'm almost close to playing the same number of matches I played during the whole of last year and and we're not yet in July so I've still got a lot of tennis ahead of me.

"You've really got to be smart about your decisions and I guess the decisions and the work will at some time pay off.

"It's easy to just say 'okay I'm going to go to the next tournament and try again' but you also need to put the work in and I just felt like I needed a little break from the road to recharge my batteries and get back on the practice court and work."

However, Sharapova is adamant there was no hangover from her defeat in Paris, adding: "It hurt for a few hours but once I got on the plane it was almost gone. Once I got home it was just a new day.

"Within 24 hours of losing in Paris I was at home in my coffee shop looking through a cookbook and wondering what I was going to cook for dinner.

"I have a very normal life outside of this tennis world that's year round - and I'm glad for that because when I get back home it's easy to switch off for me.

"When I'm on the court it's all work but when I'm off the court I can go about my life," she said at tonight's UK launch of sports drink Gatorade at a Wimbledon school.

Sharapova has not played a competitive match since Paris, electing not to enter the grasscourt warm-up events in Birmingham and Eastbourne - but she has been practising on grass for the past week.

She explained: "Sometimes it becomes like a routine so I wanted to change pace a little bit and go home.

"I'd been in Europe for about four weeks and it didn't go as successfully as I'd wanted but the good thing about tennis is there is always another tournament coming up."

That means the prospect of going back into battle with the Serbian pair of Ivanovic and Jankovic, currently the respective top two seeds in the world - but Sharapova insists she is up for the fight.

She added: "Absolutely. Every professional athlete enjoys challenges. It's all about the competition and that's what drives me to be the better player.

"I know that even though I'm only 21 there is a younger generation coming up that wants to be number one in the world.

"If you lose early in the tournament while they are still winning your are back out on the practice court working to beat them.

"That's the challenge and that's what I love about tennis."
Natasc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 02:41 AM   #1661
country flag Mchstnate

Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all Mchstnate is a name known to all

Sounds like she is really determined....its uplifting to hear this, hopefully she changed things for the better, especially that serve.
Mchstnate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #1662
country flag Rachel Sze

Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice Rachel Sze is just really nice

She most hopefully wins wimbledon again.likes she won AO.I believe her can do the best.
Rachel Sze is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #1663
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Good strong words from Maria

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #1664
country flag Shyra

Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice

determined as ever...

follow me on twitter: @shyrapova
Shyra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #1665
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

The fighter we know and love is ready for Wimbledon watch out people.....Maria is back with avengence!!!!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread