** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2008, 03:16 AM   #1546
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchstnate View Post
Maria should be ranked 3 now right?
ow really?!
Natasc is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #1547
country flag Shyra

Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice Shyra is just really nice

love the positive response from the qurterfinal post-match interview...

follow me on twitter: @shyrapova
Shyra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM   #1548
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova Aces Twenty First Birthday With Star-Studded BashWednesday April 23, 9:00 am ET

NEW YORK, April 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The fashion and entertainment elite came out to celebrate Maria Sharapova's 21st birthday last night at a party hosted by luxury watch brand TAG Heuer. The festivities took place at New York hotspot Tenjune where celebrity DJ Cassidy -- fresh from his turn behind the tables at Jay-Z and Beyonce's post-nuptial soiree -- was on hand to spin the tennis champion's favorite dance tunes.
ADVERTISEMENT

The invitation-only event for the three-time Grand Slam winner drew several celebrities including Michelle Trachtenberg and Dave Annable. Vogue's Anna Wintour also made an appearance at the party, along with designers Vera Wang, Doo.Ri and Brian Wolk and Claude Morais of Ruffian.

TAG Heuer President and CEO Ulrich Wohn welcomed Sharapova's friends and family and toasted the 21 year-old before presenting her with an elegant white and pink eight-tier cake. "Maria is part of the TAG Heuer family and we are honored that we were able to celebrate this special day with her," said Wohn. "To have accomplished so much by this age is truly amazing and the embodiment of TAG Heuer's 'what are you made of?' principle."

"I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my 21st birthday than being in New York with all of my close friends," said Sharapova.

Guests sipped cocktails -- including the pink "Grand Slam," a specialty cocktail made in honor of Sharapova -- and grooved the night away to Cassidy's unique blend of hip hop, rock 'n' roll, reggae, soul and rock.

A TAG Heuer ambassador since 2004, Sharapova symbolizes what hard work, world-class training and unwavering commitment can achieve: a front row seat on the world's stage. From Wimbledon, U.S. Open and Australian Open championships to being the fifth youngest female tennis player to ever hold the No. 1 spot, Sharapova embodies glamour and elegance, as well as personifying the core values of passion, prestige and performance that have kept the brand at the cutting edge of Swiss watchmaking since 1860.

About TAG Heuer

TAG Heuer, the leader in prestigious sports watches and chronographs since 1860, is one of the largest and fastest growing luxury Swiss watch Brands. The Swiss watch making legend draws upon its active engagement in the world of sports to create the most accurate measuring instruments and sports watches in the world. TAG Heuer is today the first watchmaker ever to master luxurious Chronographs with an unsurpassed precision of 1/10th, 1/100th and 1/1,000th of a second. From the Olympic Games in the 1920s to its role as official timekeeper to within 1/10,000th of a second for the legendary Indy 500, TAG Heuer, in a constant quest for innovation, excellence, performance and prestige, continues to aim ever higher, as reflected in its partnerships with Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes in Formula 1 and its two aces: Fernando Alonso, youngest ever and already two times Formula 1 world champion and Lewis Hamilton, GP2 world Champion in 2006. With two times Formula 1 world vice-champion and Scuderia Ferrari F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen, with world number 1 golfer Tiger Woods and WTA number 1 tennis player Maria Sharapova, with Nascar idol Jeff Gordon, Champcar three times world champion Sebastien Bourdais, promising talent Bruno Senna as well as Hollywood and Bollywood

icons Brad Pitt, Uma Thurman and Shah Rukh Khan, TAG Heuer more than ever epitomizes Sport and Glamour!

source: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080423/nyw047.html?.v=101
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM   #1549
country flag Katie.
a million little stars ★

Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Guests sipped cocktails -- including the pink "Grand Slam," a specialty cocktail made in honor of Sharapova
I want one
Quote:
white and pink eight-tier cake
That sounds like a big cake, any yay that it was pink. Good colour for a cake =P
Katie. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM   #1550
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM   #1551
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie. View Post
I want one

That sounds like a big cake, any yay that it was pink. Good colour for a cake =P
me too
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM   #1552
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

Legally Blonde
Maria Sharapova's birthday bash with Tag Heuer
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
(NEW YORK) You only turn 21 once, so no wonder tennis superstar Maria Sharapova pulled out all the stops to celebrate in style Tuesday night at Tenjune. She flew into the Big Apple to host her Tag Heuer-sponsored bash in between a tournament in South Carolina and the upcoming European red clay court season. "There's just something special about this city," said the glamorous Russian, whose birthday was April 19. "I just literally came to blow out my candles on a whirlwind trip. I'm boarding a plane back tomorrow."

But before leaving the urban jungle, she partied in style. The Meatpacking District nightclub was transformed into mini-Maria land with the help of countless pink flower arrangements, photos of the three-time Grand Slam winner, and a showcase of her favorite foods: cupcakes and mini-burgers. "I love the flowers!" she beamed, clad in a Lanvin dress and Tiffany jewels. "That's the first thing I buy when I get home. Somehow, orange roses and peonies make me happy."

Others who stopped by to congratulate the birthday girl were Anna Wintour, who invited Sharapova to join the illustrious Costume Institute Benefit Committee, Doo-Ri Chung, Vogue's Filipa Fino, Ruffian's Claude Morais and Brian Wolk, Michelle Trachtenberg, and Vera Wang. "Maria is one of the few young icons today that is meritorious, and not just a celebutante," the tennis-loving designer said. "She proves that just because you are beautiful does not mean that you are not hardworking, accomplished, and talented."

Sharapova spent most of the night with a group of friends, dancing to a soundtrack of her favorite music from Amy Winehouse, Madonna, and Beyoncé.

After being presented oversized bottle of Moët & Chandon champagne bejeweled with her name in rhinestones, she happily blew out the candles to her custom-made multi-tiered cupcake cake comprised of 180 treats. Among her gifts? A Tag Heuer Carrera chronograph with diamond bezel, white mother of pearl dial, and black alligator strap. (She is, after all, a spokesmodel.)

The world's third-ranked ace received another surprise during her birthday week. Max Eisenbud, her longtime agent and friend, recently became the father of son Dylan, born on April 17. "We're both Aries!" Sharapova declared with pride.
VALENTINE UHOVSKI
kasia1992 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:16 PM   #1553
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasia1992 View Post
Legally Blonde
Maria Sharapova's birthday bash with Tag Heuer
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
"There's just something special about this city," said the glamorous Russian, whose birthday was April 19. "I just literally came to blow out my candles on a whirlwind trip. I'm boarding a plane back tomorrow."
This is going to sound like sour grapes, but it really isn't. Mum gave me a choice for my 21st, I could either have a party or a leather jacket which I had been looking at. I chose the jacket, which I still have, but wondered if I had chosen the party I would have got both.

Now Maria has worked so hard she could have afforded to pay for her own party. There's nothing wrong with that, but so much nicer when you don't have to pay for your own party, don't you think? There are so many parties for rich people, it is nice to think this once in a life time event is going to be special for her.
mal is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM   #1554
country flag Natasc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
This is going to sound like sour grapes, but it really isn't. Mum gave me a choice for my 21st, I could either have a party or a leather jacket which I had been looking at. I chose the jacket, which I still have, but wondered if I had chosen the party I would have got both.

Now Maria has worked so hard she could have afforded to pay for her own party. There's nothing wrong with that, but so much nicer when you don't have to pay for your own party, don't you think? There are so many parties for rich people, it is nice to think this once in a life time event is going to be special for her.
besides she already had her own litle party with her friends and family on april 19th
I have always believed that parties like that are not so "personal" as litle parties with friends and family..
but well... if you gonna get, get both parties is definatelly a great idea!!

when I turned 15 (which as wayyyyyyyy ago)
I could chose between a super party and a PS2 (that was the new videogame at that time)
guess which one I choose?
the PS2!!
I do not regret and was definatelly cheaper than a party (even that my mum wished that I had picked the party over the videogame )
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #1555
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The big controversy in tennis right now centers on the Women's Tennis Association threatening to fine Maria Sharapova over her refusal to participate in a photo shoot.

The WTA's threatened fines could run in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and such a fine would be a travesty because Sharapova is right and the WTA is wrong. Sharapova explains on her web site:

I want all my fans to know that the WTA Tour is forcing me and several of the other top players to do a 4 hour commercial shoot for WTA Tour marketing materials. They want me to do this shoot on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of the Rome tournament after flying 12 hours from LA. I have set my own personal rules when is comes to doing shoots and I never do shoots before tournaments because they are mentally draining and I want to just focus on my tennis.

It's not unreasonable for the WTA to require the players to take part in some promotional activities, but it is unreasonable for the WTA to schedule photo shoots right before the players are going to play a tournament and expect all of them to comply.

Here's a wacky idea: If the WTA can't find a time for a photo shoot that works for Sharapova, why not just send a photographer to her matches and use promotional pictures that show her, you know, playing tennis?
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...871x1200059580

Was this already reported?
Old May 10th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #1556
country flag mal

Here's another one from http://www.telegraph.co.uk
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../stshar105.xml
Quote:
Maria Sharapova's threat to WTA

By Mark Hodgkinson
Last Updated: 11:32pm BST 04/05/2008

Maria Sharapova could end up being fined close to a million dollars for two separate issues relating to tournaments this week and next, and that is serious money even for the world's highest-earning sportswoman.

Maria Sharapova
Model pro: Maria Sharapova

The 21-year-old Siberian has already been docked $125,000 by the WTA Tour after withdrawing from the Berlin tournament last week, with the possibility of a further $10,000 penalty if she does not provide a medical reason for her no-show. And she could face a fine of up to $700,000 if she decides to boycott the WTA Tour's official promotional shoot that has been controversially planned to take place on the eve of next week's event here on the clay of Rome's Foro Italico. So, in the space of a fortnight, there is a chance that her fines could total $835,000, or £420,000.

The maximum fine for skipping promotional work is usually $300,000, but that increases to $700,000 for players such as Sharapova who do not wear a tour patch on their clothes. "To ask me or any of the other players to do a long shoot like this is not right," Sharapova said. ''The tour is not thinking about the players."

Even if the Australian Open champion does, in the end, decide to attend the shoot, it is understood that she has not ruled out the possibility of taking legal action against the WTA Tour.

Andrew Walker, a spokesman for the WTA Tour, said. "We will be as flexible as possible to accommodate all the player schedules, but we are not making exceptions."

May as well put it here.
Any comments on how accurate those figures are? He sounds very sure of himself.
Old May 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #1557
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure Maria would never do anything like what i am suggesting---so---just theoretically speaking----

How much power do they have over maria on just how she presents herself for the shoot? Could she put a dark rinse on her hair and show up as a brunette? Could she braid her hair in pigtails? Could she wear a padded Hillary Clinton syle pantsuit to make herself look about 20 pounds heavier? Basically, I guess I am asking---could she protest by making herself look intentionally less attractive, or less recognizable?
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #1558
country flag Cat123

Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of

Quote:
The maximum fine for skipping promotional work is usually $300,000, but that increases to $700,000 for players such as Sharapova who do not wear a tour patch on their clothes.
Is that Nike's fault??
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #1559
country flag Taja05

Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light

First interview from Rome (some strange questions though, especially the husband part and she did that infamous shoot for WTA yesterday)

MARIA SHARAPOVA TALKS
Maria Sharapova talks about her advertising shoot, the tournament, the city of Rome and many other topics

Q. How does it feel to be back on the red clay?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Good. It feels really good. I got here a few days ago and stepped foot on the red clay finally. You know, it's going to take a little while. I think the adjustments from the green clay and the red clay are quite different, you know, with the balance and of course there's always sliding but the balance and the feel of the clay is a little bit different.
But it's exciting to be back in Europe. This time of year I was back home and I didn't play here. And I didn't play any tournaments apart from Istanbul leading up to the French Open. I'm just thankful that I could get some matches in before the French.

Q. What did you do the last three weeks after the last couple of tournaments you did? You started to rest and you started to practice?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I rested a little bit, but my rest turned into a longer rest because I got really sick. I was sick for like five days in bed, so that kind of made my rest period a little bit longer than I wanted to.
So I had just probably a week before I came here, yeah.

Q. Was that sickness related to the heavy schedule that you had been undergoing, or just a normal virus? Do you think you were rundown?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It was probably from too much partying for my birthday. I don't know.
No, you just never know when your body is going to, you know, either get hurt or you're going to get sick. These things happen.
I mean, I'm fortunate it happened when I had time off, which was is a lot better than it is when you're playing a tournament, so, you know, I had some time to recover from it.

Q. Can you tell us about your birthday party? It sounded good.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, it was a lot fun. It was a few days after my actual birthday. On my actual birthday I just spent it with both of my parents came to New York and all my of my friends came to New York. It's very rare that everyone gets together, but it was the 21st, and everybody made an effort and came there.
You know, we just had a nice family dinner, and then the big party was really fun. It was lot more intimate than my 18th birthday party, so that was good. On the 18th there were so many people that I just didn't know.
This time it was only about 100, 150 people, you know, a majority of my friends. Like I said, it's just rare for me to be able to be in one place and kind of celebrate not just my birthday but the year so far and have a good time together and catch up and do all those things.

Q. What ever became of the photo shoot conflict?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, the timing of the shoot got reduced to about 90 minutes, and I did that yesterday.

Q. Can you tell us about that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: What?

Q. Can you tell is where it was or any of the details?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It was a marketing campaign for the tour leading up to the championship.

Q. Shot it in Rome?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. Well, I was in Rome yesterday, so yes.

Q. Any particular place in Rome?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not quite sure. I was riding around in a car for an hour talking pretending like I'm talking on the phone. Yeah, that was pretty much it.

Q. Would you say that that's a good compromise from what it might have originally been? Was there some to and fro and everything was worked out?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: The timing compromise was still pretty difficult since it's before a very big event for all of us. Considering the time reduction, it definitely makes that a lot easier than going into a four or five hour shoot without hair and makeup, which adds another hour.

Q. We read a lot of stories about yourself, ask most of us don't know you.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I like it that way. I prefer it that way.

Q. It's better for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Clearly.

Q. Do you have anything to say that you would like to show, to say to us?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I like to talk, but I mean, I don't know. I mean, what do you want to know? You're here to ask me questions and I'm here to answer them.

Q. The question is: Wherever you go we ask about the place where you stay, and in general players say this is the best tournament and the best city always.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not necessarily. Those are the people that are always politically correct.

Q. This is the reason why I'm asking to you. What do you think about this city? In which way it's nice and which way you don't like? What do you don't like about it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I like Italy in general. The times that I've visited Italy I've visited Rome and Milan. When I was younger, Milan was, by far, my favorite city to any junior tournament that I went to. Milan was always my favorite one.
Just all the churches and the architecture. You know, the church that looks like it's about to fall down; it's made out of sand. I love the Italian language. It's like people are singing a song to you. You're like, Keep talking; keep singing.
It's just a different vibe here. You know, it's very, very European. You know, and then of course every different European city has its different feel. But the people's style and culture.
I would love to see the city be a little more cleaner compared to other major cities. You know, there are so many things to see. A couple years ago I went to the Vatican and did the whole tourist attraction thing, and of course all of that was spectacular and amazing, because I'm a huge fan of architecture.
When I go to those places I love to look at buildings and the way they're built.

Q. You've been critical about the scheduling of the events. With the end of that problem, do you think you can say you've made peace the WTA now, or are you still a bit mad with them?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I've obviously made my point. I just think I wanted to let my fans know, especially on my website, that, you know, I didn't feel like people were listening to me. I think it's in the best interest of the tour and the tour as a whole, not just the people that work for the tour.
I think it's in our best interest to listen to all the players. Not just me. Obviously somebody that's ranked 50 or 100 has different issues than somebody in the top 10. But I think all voices should be listened to.
Over the last you few years, you know, all the players have been in numerous amounts of mandatory meetings, and sometimes you go back to a meeting and you feel like you're talking about the same things and having the same issues, and you feel like your voice is never being heard.
That's basically my main that was my main thing that I wanted to get out there.

Q. It continues to be an issue?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, look, I mean, everything is a work in progress. You know, when I set foot in Rome, you know, my priority is to play tennis. I already did the talking and, you know, now it's time to play tennis, so...

Q. There is anything that you think WTA should do as the ATP does, and anything that ATP should do as the WTA does?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know what they do, so I I think each one has, you know, different people, you know, ahead and different people working for them and different ideas. So I don't know. I really can't comment on that.

Q. On your website you also say that in a couple of weeks it will be something new and important for you.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah.

Q. You wrote that in a couple of weeks it will be something new and important for you.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, yeah.

Q. Is it possible to know now?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Why would I write on my website I'm going to report it two weeks from now why would you report it now? It's like...

Q. A lot of girls young girls not like you that are already a woman
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm still young.

Q. When they're looking for a man
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, goodness. You Italians. Only in Italy.

Q. They look for father. It's the same for yourself?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: To meet a husband? You mean a husband?

Q. You are looking for someone who looks like your father, or no?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Wait, hold on. This question turned into something completely different here. Can you ask the question again so I can understand it?

Q. A lot of girls, when they're looking for a husband, they're looking for someone that looks like a father.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Since when?

Q. Since always. I mean, it's always been like that.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think no, I certainly don't look. No, no. The harder you try the less it's going to come. So, yeah, that's my philosophy on it, you know.

Q. A question about the Olympic Games. You're already on the list of the Russian tennis team. How do you feel about it? And could you confirm the information that you will play in Spain on the final of Fed Cup?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: To answer the first question, I'm absolutely thrilled. It's been a dream of mine since I was a very young girl from watching it on in the middle of the night turning the TV on and waking up and watching the opening ceremonies, to following all the athletes and waiting until Russia would walk out.
I would be wearing I would find some white hat that they would all bewaring. Obviously mine was completely different, but I was so proud. I was always looking forward to that moment when I somehow could get an opportunity.
It's quite hard to believe that sometimes your dreams can turn to reality. In a few months they will, so that's quite exciting. As far as the final, if I'm healthy I'm definitely going to be playing.

Q. You think you will live in the Olympic Village?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know yet. I don't know. I don't think so, but we'll see. I'll let you know then. You're getting way ahead of schedule here.

Q. If you could pick the next Grand Slam to win, you would take another Wimbledon or Roland Garros or US Open?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely, Wimbledon.

Q. Do you think that the competition between the top players is as hard this year as it was the previous years?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's tough to say. But, I mean, the depth of the top 10 especially is quite difficult. You know, there are a lot of girls that have a chance to be No. 1 at the end of the year, and, you know the interesting thing about it is a lot of the players have different games and have different styles and different varieties.
You know, I think it makes for really good matchups against each other and creates good rivalries, good entertainment, and it's just good for the sport.
In men's tennis you obviously have I think the Top 3 right now are kind of ahead of the game. In women's tennis the top 10, especially the top 5, is quite open.

Q. Coming back to the Wimbledon question, you said that's the one you prefer. Is that in any way because you're also making special preparations to focus on that particular Grand Slam, or just that's the one you would pick if you could take it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. It's just the one that's the most special to me. Obviously everybody is different, but ever since I was young that's always been a you know, I don't know why. Obviously it was my first Grand Slam that I won, but I think it also has to do with the fact of the memories that it left me with since I was a junior and the times I played it there. Just the tradition and the respect from the people and the appreciation of the sport and a match.
Just going back to I don't think there's a place where first round of the junior Grand Slam event you see a full crowd at a Court 19. It's very rare, and so that just shows you the appreciation that the people and the crowd have for the tennis.

Q. Do you have more satisfaction to write or to read?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: To write. I love to write.

Q. What?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: What do I like to write? Umm, I like to write just things that are on my mind or my thoughts. I think that's I like to write for my website, you know. I just like to write, yeah.
Taja05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #1560
country flag Katie.
a million little stars ★

Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of

Thankyou for posting

The 'you know' is back

Quote:
Q. If you could pick the next Grand Slam to win, you would take another Wimbledon or Roland Garros or US Open?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely, Wimbledon.
Good answer Maria If she could only win one more this year or whenever, as much as I want he to have all the GS titles I would love her to get another Wimbledon the most.

The husband thing was funny, she totally didn't get it. I liked the bit about her watching the Olympic games when she was little, with the whole hat thing, very cute! And yay for the Fed Cup final too.

And it's good to hear the shoot was cut down by so much, now onto the tennis!
Katie. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread