** Masha News and Articles! ** - Page 100 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #1486
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasc View Post
yeah...make a while now...
since her last..
her wins are better than doodles! if she's winning and too busy to make one then im happy!!! a celebratory one AFTER the french would be fine! lol!
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #1487
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B View Post
her wins are better than doodles! if she's winning and too busy to make one then im happy!!! a celebratory one AFTER the french would be fine! lol!
she had plenty of time from Miami (that she didn't play) till now...

and you can't compare wins with doodles...
Natasc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #1488
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

Quote:
she had plenty of time from Miami (that she didn't play) till now...

and you can't compare wins with doodles...
well she was apparently busy training on clay during that time! lol.. but maria can do no wrong for me this year, doodle or no doodle, after the disaster of 07, a happy healthy maria is all i want...
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #1489
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B View Post
well she was apparently busy training on clay during that time! lol.. but maria can do no wrong for me this year, doodle or no doodle, after the disaster of 07, a happy healthy maria is all i want...
great combo of words!!
Happy and healthy!!
I hate to see Maria unhappy...

p.s. maybe she didn't write us a doodle 'cause she was having too much Djokovic and Camilla!!

kidding
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 01:30 AM   #1490
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe shes being superstitious she didnt do a doodle during the AO and won it, same with Doha and Fed Cup
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #1491
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
maybe shes being superstitious she didnt do a doodle during the AO and won it, same with Doha and Fed Cup
Maybe.

One simple way to test the theory would be for her to write one after every win.
mal is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 02:22 AM   #1492
country flag Natasc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
Maybe.

One simple way to test the theory would be for her to write one after every win.
but one after every win wouldn't be also, in theory, one before every (possible) win?

I don't think this doodle thing is true...
maybe she just got lazy this time..
after all, she said she really needed a time for herself away from tennis.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #1493
country flag kasia1992

kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of kasia1992 has much to be proud of

Djokovic and Sharapova the new hot couple
4/10/08 3:04 PM | Mattias Yrgård
Are Djokovic and Sharapova the new hot couple? Tennistalk.com has exclusive pictures of them close together at a night club in Miami.

There have been a lot of rumors about the two tennis players during the last year. Sharapova was sitting in Djokovic box at US Open last year and was cheering for him when he won the tournament. They have been practicing together a couple of times and Djokovic has made some of his famous impressions of Sharapova at some tournaments.

But no one has been able to get more pictures or an official statement from them. But our reporters in Miami saw the couple close together at the night club The Opium Garden in Miami and took these pictures of the two.

Later that night the two left the night club together. Sharapova’s agent was driving the car while Djokovic and Sharapova had the backseat for themselves.
See the short movie when the couple left the night club here:

http://x17video.com/mt/mt-search.cgi...pova&blog_id=1

The partying was also one major reason why Djokovic lost the match next day to world no 122 Kevin Anderson. More about that here.
kasia1992 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #1494
country flag Cat123

Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasia1992 View Post
There have been a lot of rumors about the two tennis players during the last year. Sharapova was sitting in Djokovic box at US Open last year and was cheering for him when he won the tournament. They have been practicing together a couple of times and Djokovic has made some of his famous impressions of Sharapova at some tournaments.
Did he now?! It's news to me.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #1495
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute

I love how these stories try to make it sound all undercover and mysterious How can they say the party was a major reason the Djoke lost?
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 12:06 AM   #1496
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
but one after every win wouldn't be also, in theory, one before every (possible) win?

I don't think this doodle thing is true...
maybe she just got lazy this time..
after all, she said she really needed a time for herself away from tennis.

Ok. Maybe she should call them "Coming to the net"?

No she's not lazy. I'm sure she just doesn't need the criticism they inspire. I still like them anyway and think they're pretty funny.
Can anyone confirm she listens to Eric Clapton?
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #1497
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The Russian star proved that Thursday afternoon at Amelia Island Plantation when she defeated Anabel Medina Garrigues 7-6 (3), 5-7, 7-6 (1) in a 3?-hour, third-round match at the Bausch & Lomb Championships.
"In those situations, after three hours or so, it all comes down to heart and how tough you are," Sharapova said. "The forehands or backhands don't mean much after that."
Sharapova, the top seed, hit plenty of both - and so did her opponent.
But Sharapova said she was prepared for that entering the match, because Medina Garrigues is a clay-court player who likes to extend points.
"This is her specialty," Sharapova said of her 15th-seeded opponent's prowess on clay. "She grew up on this stuff. She's very familiar with it. That's why she gets a lot of balls back. That's her game: She makes you play an extra ball."
One key point in the third set lasted 29 strokes before Sharapova forced Medina Garrigues to send a forehand long, breaking her serve and giving Sharapova a 4-3 lead. Medina Garrigues slid on the clay to reach the last ball and lay on the court for a minute after the point, but she didn't appear injured.
Sharapova then held serve to win her fifth consecutive game, rebounding from 3-0 deficit to take a 5-3 lead. But Medina Garrigues fought off two match points to hold serve and broke back to get to 5-all.
"The two match points that she had, she had pretty good first serves, so there's not too much I could do," Sharapova said. "It's the game of tennis. It can change really fast."
The players traded service breaks in the first set before holding in the last few games to force the first-set tiebreaker. Sharapova hit four winners in the tiebreak, including a set-point lob that bounced into Medina Garrigues' backside.
Sharapova said winning the first tiebreak fairly easily didn't necessarily help her confidence entering the third-set tiebreaker.
"I felt like the first tiebreaker was a long time ago. I didn't even remember that we played a tiebreaker," Sharapova said, laughing. "I played a really good game to get it even, and I just thought, 'You have to do the same thing in the tiebreaker. Just play it point by point, see what happens, make her hit another ball.'"
Sharapova did that, winning the first point on Medina Garrigues' serve by forcing her to hit a backhand short - after 19 strokes.
But it was Sharapova's powerful serve that really made the difference in the final tiebreak. She hit a 105-mph ace, and on her final two serves, Medina Garrigues failed to get her return across the net, giving Sharapova five match points.
Sharapova finally ended the marathon match with a forehand cross-court winner.
"There were a lot of ups and downs," Sharapova said. "After being down 3-0, I was glad to be able to find a way to finish it off and win in some way, even if it was not the perfect way."
Sharapova admitted that the long match could affect the right shoulder that plagued her all of last year and prevented her from playing at Key Biscayne this season.
"Once you're in the match, and the adrenaline's going, you're worried about other things," she said. "This is probably a good test for it, so we'll see [Friday]."
Sharapova next plays No. 10 seed Alona Bondarenko, who upset sixth-seeded Dinara Safina in three sets on Thursday. They will meet in the second match on Stadium Court today.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #1498
country flag mal

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post

The players traded service breaks in the first set before holding in the last few games to force the first-set tiebreaker. Sharapova hit four winners in the tiebreak, including a set-point lob that bounced into Medina Garrigues' backside.
What are they talking about?

Do they mean her backhand?
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #1499
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova rallies to reach WTA semi-final

AMELIA ISLAND, Florida (AFP) — Australian Open champion Maria Sharapova rallied to defeat Ukranian Alona Bondarenko 6-7 (9/11), 6-3, 6-2 in a Friday quarter-final at the WTA Bausch and Lomb Championship.
Top seed Sharapova advanced to a Saturday semi-final at the 600,000-dollar clay court event against the winner of a later match between US veteran Lindsay Davenport and Hungarian eighth seed Agnes Szavay.
The Russian beauty, who turns 21 on April 19, has never reached a clay court final in her career but would with a victory Saturday that would also give her a chance to play for the 95,500-dollar top prize.
Sharapova improved to 21-1 on the season despite squandering three set points in the opening-set tie-breaker, eventually surrendering the set by netting a forehand, her 27th unforced error.
"Considering a couple of those set points I had, it should have been over in two sets," Sharapova said. "I was really tentative when I had those set points. Somehow I scrambled my way out of it in the second. She looked like she was getting a little tired."
Bondarenko, who broke Sharapova in the second game of the match, could not the close the upset, however.
Sharapova smacked a forehand winner to claim the second set and broke Bondarenko in the third and fifth games of the final set on her way to a 5-1 lead before closing out the match with a service winner.
"I was pretty impressed with the way I mentally hung in there," Sharapova said. "I could easily have let it go in the second set with the way I let the first set get away."
Bondarenko dropped her only previous match against Sharapova in three sets last month at Indian Wells.
Sharapova skipped the previous event in Miami after complaining of fatigue following a semi-final loss at Indian Wells to Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova that ended an 18-match win streak.
Sharapova calls the clay surface her biggest challenge and said she is working as much to prepare for the French Open next month as she is to win another title.
"I would have loved to have finished this match off as quickly as I can. But I'm here to learn," Sharapova said. "I want to get as many matches in as I can befoe the French."
Davenport, 31, has won two titles in 2008 and enters the quarter-finals with a 20-4 record this year. She seeks her fourth Amelia Island crown after crowns in 1997, 2004 and 2005. She has a 33-5 record here with seven semi-final trips.
Szavay, ranked a career-best 15th, has never faced Sharapova before.
"Either one is going to be tough," Sharapova said. "I'm just glad I gave myself another opportunity."
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #1500
country flag alcer

alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice alcer is just really nice

Hi, guys!

Maria's birthday is upcoming and I think it would be interesting to report something about Maria Sharapova's names to her fans who is not familiar with Russian

In Russia a person is officially called both by first name and father name, but in private the first name is rarely ever used in its full form. Instead every name has a short form and that is the name most commonly used, and what some people might see as their “real” name.
Basically, short names are a fusion of friendlier names, pet names, tender names, pal names and baby names.

Name Masha is a short name for a longer version of Maria. In general, its more offical to call someone Maria and Masha is more informal and friendlier name.

There is the list of short names of Maria:

Маруся (MarUsya), Марусенька (MarUsen’ka), Марусечка (MarUsechka), Маруська (MarUs’ka), Марийка (MarIyka), Марьюшка (MAr’yushka), Марьяша(Mar’Yasha), Маша (MAsha), Машенька (MAshen’ka), Машка (MAshka), Маня (MAnya), Манечка (MAnechka), Манька (MAn’ka), Муся (MUsya), Мусенька (MUsen’ka), Мусечка (MUsechka), Муська (MUs’ka), Мара (MAra), Мура (MUra), Мурочка (MUrochka), Марята (MarYata), Машечка (MAshechka), Мариша (MarIsha), Маря (MArya), Марюня (MarYunia), Маруня (MarUnya), Маруля (MarUlya), Муля (MUlya), Мася (MAsya), Масяня (MasYanya), Масята (MasYata), Марюта (MarYuta), Марюха (MarYukha), Маруха (MarUkha), Марюша (MarYusha), Маруша (MarUsha), Муша (MUsha), Манюня (ManYunya), Манюра (ManYura), Манюся (ManYusya), Манюта (ManYuta), Манюха (ManYukha), Манюша (ManYusha), Манятка (ManYatka), Мака (MAka), Маняша (ManYasha), Машаня (MashAnya), Машоня (MashOnya), Машука (MashUka), Машуня (MashUnya), Машара (MashAra), Машута (MashUta), Мута (MUta), Машуха (MashUkha), Моря (MOrya).

In Russian tennis forums they use mostly:

Masha (MAsha); Маруся (MarUsya), Маня (MAnya) - almost equal to Masha, but less popular; Машенька (MAshen’ka), Машуня (MashUnya), Манечка (MAnechka) - tender names: Машка (MAshka) - pal name, kind of rude; Машара (MashAra) - pal name, rude; Мария Юрьевна (MarIya YUr'evna) - official name, most respectable form, generally used for grown ups.

Maria Sharapova was born at orthodox Easter Day, so this is why imho she got her name.
alcer is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread