---- Wild Cards????---- - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #31
country flag Marty_mtl

Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice Marty_mtl is just really nice
Wozniak and Sharapova got the 2 other WC for the main draw!

That's a nice surprise!!!
Advertisement

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:37 PM   #32
country flag Atrixo

Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdpoulin1
Dubois in qualies She deserved a main draw WC!
I agree that Dubois deserved a Main Draw WC. Wozniak got one (which she deserved, I guess). Pelletier, I guess I can tolerate. But why Drake? She shows nothing but contempt when she's on court!
Atrixo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 02:26 AM   #33
country flag polishprodigy

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute
Nancy didn't get in

how did sharapova get a wc? was it silver exempt?
polishprodigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 02:28 AM   #34

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute
can anyone post the full pre-qualifying results?
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 02:36 AM   #35
country flag matchpoint

matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishprodigy
can anyone post the full pre-qualifying results?
First round
Valerie Tetreault d. Erica Perez 6-0, 6-3
Tania Rice d. Jillian O'Neill 6-0, 6-2
Second round
Valerie Tetreault d. Erica Biro 6-3, 6-4
Tania Rice d. Katarina Zoriric 6-1, 7-6 (5)
matchpoint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 02:36 AM   #36

Wildcards:

Main Draw:
WC Maria Sharapova (RUS)
WC Marie Eve Pelletier (CAN)
WC Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN)
WC Maureen Drake (CAN)

Qualifying
WC Stephanie Dubois (CAN)
WC Melanie Marois (CAN)
WC Katarina Zoricic (CAN)
WC Valerie Tetreault (CAN)
WC Tania Rice (CAN)
WC Erica Biro (CAN)

Although it does look like Marois and Dubois got in by direct entry!

Where is Beier Ko????? And no Melanie Gloria
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 02:39 AM   #37
country flag matchpoint

matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice matchpoint is just really nice
Melanie Gloria left yesterday to do junior ITF in Portugal
matchpoint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 02:41 AM   #38
country flag Hawk

Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_mtl
Wozniak and Sharapova got the 2 other WC for the main draw!

That's a nice surprise!!!
Yay I wanted Wozniak to get the main draw wildcard

Dubois deserved it as well but I don't think you can ignore how solid Wozniak was during Fed Cup.

I sort of agree and disagree with Drake getting a WC. Because she's Canada's #1 player you can't very well not give her a WC to her home country's tournie..however I think Tennis Canada needs to look to the future and honestly Dubois benefits a lot more from that WC than Drake does. Bottom line though they simply can't justify not giving a WC to Drake. Plus I gotta admit she's hilarious to watch

Next year Fichman will get a main draw WC
Hawk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 03:29 AM   #39
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the tip matchpoint...

I ahve no idea for Beier...I have a feeling she is slowly thinking about leaving canada for the USA