Masha-Dasha - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #31
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Good points Gowza.

I feel badly for the girl Dasha crushed love and love. It has to be very hard for a child to take a beating like that from Maria Sharapova's little cousin.

The media is already paying attention to Dasha Sharapova's and her results. I hope she can handle the comparisions to her big cousin Maria in the future. But tennis is a great sport to play for excercise and fun and hopefully Dasha will concentrate on tennis being fun for her.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jul 15th, 2004 at 03:20 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #32
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
The cat, I can see that the subjects of your drooling attention are getting younger and younger..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 04:15 PM   #33
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Verba, I would think Yuri Jutkin was besieged by Russian parents with their tennis prosepects after Maria Sharapova won Wimbledon because he was her first tennis coach. And have a great trip back to Sochi, Verba.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 04:35 PM   #34
country flag saab95

saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
The cat, I can see that the subjects of your drooling attention are getting younger and younger..
As I remember ys was the first with the link

http://www.kp.ru/daily/23314/30299/

and this thread had began

Q: You can read in KP article name Yuri Yudkin

Verba wrote " Not Judkin, but Jutkin"
Who's right?

And more important was:

- Будет ли играть дуэт сестры Шараповы против сестер Уильямс?

- Это моя мечта. Но ждать лет семь. Даше будет 16, а Маше - 24.

-Will Sharapova's duo play vs Williams sisters?
- It's my dream. But we have to wait for seven years. Dasha'll 16, Maria'll 24.

IMHO, I don't think Williams live so long.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #35
country flag cool_olga

cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold
If she started at 6 or 7 it's still ok. Schuettler started at 11 :P She can make fast progress they've already said on gotennis she has nice shots. She surely sweet kid for now and I hope her career will be good but too early to say anything. Would be cool if she played doubles with Masha though

-------------------------------------

Anastasia-Myskina.com

Tennis Portal - Inside-Tennis.Net

cool_olga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #36
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_olga
If she started at 6 or 7 it's still ok. Schuettler started at 11 :P She can make fast progress they've already said on gotennis she has nice shots. She surely sweet kid for now and I hope her career will be good but too early to say anything. Would be cool if she played doubles with Masha though
for sure she can still be good starting at tennis, it isnt that late to start. but they say that different ages are the best time to improve or make some aspects of tennis the best in a player. i read somewhere that between the ages of 7 and 9 is the best time to do something, cant remember what, couldve had something to do with reflex's or anticipation or foot movement/speed. sorry cant remember but i guess coaches would prefer that the player (i feel strange calling a child a player) have already played a bit of tennis before they get into proper training.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 03:10 AM   #37
country flag Peer101

Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice Peer101 is just really nice
Is she ranked in anything?

SHAHAR PEER

Maria Fernanda Alvarez Terran [bolivia]
Iri Tulyaganova is Back!
Peer101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #38
country flag cool_olga

cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold cool_olga is a splendid one to behold
Maybe some Russian rankings for kids.

Well Hingis' mother made her start at 2, this is bit overestimating I think but to make child cintact with raquet is good to do somewhere at 4. Then when kid feels it a bit start to teach some technique and stuff.

-------------------------------------

Anastasia-Myskina.com

Tennis Portal - Inside-Tennis.Net

cool_olga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 10:59 PM   #39
country flag saab95

saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future
Gennady Fyodorov SOCHI, Russia, July 16 (Reuters)

- Nine-year-old Dasha Sharapova failed to match the feat of her elder cousin, Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova, losing in the final of the annual youth all-Russian clay court championship on Friday.

While Maria won the Wimbledon crown playing in her first major final this month, Dasha, who turned nine last month, came up just short of her maiden title.

Playing in her first «official» tournament, the younger Sharapova had not dropped a set on her way to the final before losing to 10-year-old Muscovite Katya Tugarinova 6-1 6-2.

Following Maria’s rise to stardom, Dasha too has become something of a local celebrity.

When she came on court, a group of young boys, sitting in the stands, greeted her by shouting: «Hey, Shara, Shara!»

But their vocal support did little to inspire Sharapova, who was simply overwhelmed by an older, more powerful opponent.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 07:57 AM   #40
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by saab95
Gennady Fyodorov SOCHI, Russia, July 16 (Reuters)

- Nine-year-old Dasha Sharapova failed to match the feat of her elder cousin, Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova, losing in the final of the annual youth all-Russian clay court championship on Friday.

While Maria won the Wimbledon crown playing in her first major final this month, Dasha, who turned nine last month, came up just short of her maiden title.

Playing in her first «official» tournament, the younger Sharapova had not dropped a set on her way to the final before losing to 10-year-old Muscovite Katya Tugarinova 6-1 6-2.

Following Maria’s rise to stardom, Dasha too has become something of a local celebrity.

When she came on court, a group of young boys, sitting in the stands, greeted her by shouting: «Hey, Shara, Shara!»

But their vocal support did little to inspire Sharapova, who was simply overwhelmed by an older, more powerful opponent.
I am a huge fan of Daria Sharapova (age 9) since July 2004 as much as Maria Sharapova (age 12) since Sept 1999.

According to saab95's article, Daria Sharapova born June 1995 so that means she will be 10 years old in June!

the cat, I agree.. she doesn't look like her big cousin Maria.. she looks like more (pretty close) Anna Kournikova at the same age of 9.

0011..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Last edited by Sharky : Apr 24th, 2005 at 08:11 AM.
~SunFlower~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 08:01 AM   #41
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future

Old Apr 24th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #42
country flag ~SunFlower~

The kid's another Sharapova - now and in future

Published March 29, 2005

KEY BISCAYNE · She's only 9, but the face looked strikingly like ... no, it couldn't be. Maria Sharapova doesn't have siblings.

Correct. But she does have a cousin, Daria Sharapova, or Dasha for those who know her well, and she was a guest at the draw Monday for the Luxilon junior invitational tournament that begins today at the Nasdaq.

She's much too young to be playing here, but a year from now, I was told by officials at the Evert Tennis Academy, where she trains, she'll probably be entered in the Orange Bowl juniors here at Crandon Park. And perhaps in the girls' 14s instead of the 12s. That's how much they expect her to progress in a year's time.

The early scouting report on this Maria look-alike: excellent skills and exceptional poise, perhaps more poise than you've ever seen on court from a 9-year old.

I didn't know that she trains at
Evert Tennis Academy and I supposed she is sponsored by Nike like her big couse Maria. I can't wait to hear her progress soon.

I emailed to Every Tennis Academy and asked if she really trains there and what is her progress so far. I will let you know if I hear anything from them.

Old Apr 24th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #43
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
How interesting.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote