California - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:18 AM   #1
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
California

I had to start a new thread because of this result at Stanford -

Lioudmila Skavronskaia (RUS) d. Petra Mandula (HUN), 3-6, 6-2, 6-3.

Udachi Lioudmila!! Wow!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:33 AM   #2
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
And one more win would get he a US Open direct acceptance. But that is a match against Davenport.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:36 AM   #3
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Can she get that later in the summer? I think that's $10 grand, just for showing up.

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:38 AM   #4
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox
Can she get that later in the summer? I think that's $10 grand, just for showing up.
No, I believe US Open D/A is next week rankings.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:38 AM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Alina lost rather feebly

Liouda is on a Great run, best of her career
16 wins in a row
including qualifiying for a 25k, winning that
then flying across to US, and winning a 50k the next week.

go Liouda
she's a 6ft 2" giant too
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:40 AM   #6
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

I think that the best we can get out of this tournament is Elena L. making semis. She can do i. It will do wonders to her rankigns.

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:41 AM   #7
country flag goldenlox

And Lioudmila is 24. She's showing that it's never too late to improve. I hope she can keep this going.
Mandula has a huge game. That's a great win.

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #8
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox
And Lioudmila is 24. She's showing that it's never too late to improve. I hope she can keep this going.
Mandula has a huge game. That's a great win.
Lindsay could be rusty. And Lyuda is on a roll. This could be ... a match.

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #9
country flag goldenlox

I didn't realize she was playing so well -

http://home17.inet.tele.dk/wta/sp/skav810.htm

Maybe she'll give us a report.

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #10
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Gosh, she looks so.... Lindsay will be staring at her thinking she is looking into a mirror..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:50 AM   #11
country flag goldenlox

These two, and Lena B., those are tall women.

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #12
country flag goldenlox

Lioudmila, log in and tell us how you improved your game. Is it mental? A new coach?
What happened?

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 03:00 AM   #13
country flag gary

gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of gary has much to be proud of
What's her ranking after this win?

6ft2"
1.879m
what a giant
gary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 03:04 AM   #14
country flag goldenlox

I don't know, but she has to be near the top 100 now. Once she gets in there and stays there, it's direct entry to all 4 majors.
Then she can make a living at this sport. I don't mean to count Lioudmila's money, but it's exciting to me for a player to get into the top 100. That's when the real game of pro tennis begins.

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 03:10 AM   #15
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
if Lioudmila can sneak into the top 100, she'll be the 15th Russian in the top 100!!!
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote