OLGA POUTCHKOVA Cheering Thread!!! - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 7th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #421
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OLGA POUTCHKOVA Cheering Thread!!!

Jinx bet placed!
Please beat the hell out of her, Olga!
Advertisement

Old Feb 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #422
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

26 06. Pathetic really...
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM   #423
country flag Foot's Fingers

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute

bad loss

or may be Anna was too good

anyway, not even fight
Foot's Fingers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #424
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Olga should have played Pattaya. If she's going to play Tier I's and II's, she's going to see good competition.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #425
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Olga looks awesome here

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #426
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld

Yeah she looks awesome, but it doesn't make her winning matches!

Good luck in Antwerp, Olga!
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #427

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute

Proximus Diamond Games Draw:

(8)Ana Ivanovic (SRB) vs Lucie Safarova(CZE)
Qualifier vs Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Olga Poutchkova (RUS) vs Severine Bremond (FRA)
Bye vs (2)Kim Clijsters (BEL)
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #428

Winable match GO Olga
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #429
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld

Very winable. 35pts are there for the taking! Dawaj OLGA!
Old Feb 10th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #430
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Olga got to win this match
losing so many matches in a row is a disaster, then it just gets worse, you just keep on getting bad draws with every loss.

c'mon Olga !!!!!!!!! win this 1st rd
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #431
country flag goldenlox

Tennis' Russian accent
Teen star on rise in New York
BY WILLIAM SHERMAN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-418652c.html

Olga Poutchkova, 19, lands in New York from Russia to realize dream of succeeding on pro tennis circuit.

The drafty, dingy indoor courts at 164th St. and Jerome Ave., the Bronx, are the last place you'd expect to find one of the world's top female tennis players banging away at balls in a furious workout. But Olga Poutchkova, 19, is a New Yorker, the sole city resident in the top 50 on the women's tour, and the Stadium Racquet Club is where she trains when she's not on the road. She came to the U.S. from Russia three years ago to try to make the big time, following the hard emigre trail of other Russian women who eventually became stars, most notably Maria Sharapova.

Poutchkova smacks some 100-mph serves and then starts running side to side across the court, hitting as she goes, sweating despite the cold.
For those with limited means like Poutchkova, it's not merely a struggle to beat the odds against success. It also means sacrificing friends, family, home and all the other aspects of a conventional teenager's life. There was no prom for Poutchkova.
Her coach, Bruce Haddad, a New Yorker, stands behind her, in back of the baseline, coaxing her with instructions.
"More topspin, more angle," he says, and Poutchkova whacks a backhand to order with so much action on the ball, her practice partner can only look on hopelessly.
Haddad is a coach who pushes strategy and mental toughness over power. Poutchkova has plenty of the latter, but she's still working on the former. "Can she hit the ball as hard as Serena (Williams)?" Haddad asks. "Absolutely, but there's a lot more to it than that."
Still, this week, Poutchkova is No.35 in the world with a bullet.
John McEnroe drove up to the Bronx facility the next day, hit with her for 90 minutes, and said flatly, "She's got top 10 potential. Definitely."
Only six months ago, Poutchkova was ranked 110th. But by getting to the finals of tournaments last fall in India and Canada, her ranking soared.
Two weeks ago, she played at the Australian Open, her first Grand Slam appearance. She won her first-round match, but lost in the second round, 6-2, 6-2, to Amelie Mauresmo, No.3 in the world. "It was (Rod Laver Arena), packed with 15,000 people with all the TV cameras and I felt small, so small. It was my first time in a big stadium," she said after the session in the Bronx.
Last week, she lost in the first round at the Gaz de France in Paris. She is 23-12 in two years on the WTA Tour.
For Poutchkova, life on the road means all-coach class flights and lodging at Haddad's small two-bedroom Second Ave. apartment. "It costs $10,000 a month minimum to go on the tour," Haddad said.
Until recently, Olga's prize money hardly matched those expenses. She's earned $180,721 since turning pro. A sizeable chunk of that - $38,718 - came in the last eight weeks.
"Glamour, yes, that's what the fans see," Poutchkova said in a faint Russian accent, "but it's really plane, hotel, practice, match, eat, hotel, TV, sleep, eat, practice, nap, match, gym over and over. No time for sightseeing, but I'm going out at night here. It's very lonely. "
On the court, Poutchkova is expressionless, a powerful 140-pound mechanic with a racquet. Off the court, the stunning 5-11 blonde smiles easily, laughs a lot and talks nonstop. "I love New York," she said. "I'm a big Rangers fan, put that in, and I don't have a boyfriend, put that in too. I love NHL players and I love shopping, bags, shoes, clothes."
Poutchkova doesn't mind the spartan Bronx setting where she practices. "I am from Belarus, Minsk, 400 miles from Moscow, and there are very few courts. Even when I was little, we used to sweep the snow off to play and we played in gloves. When it rained, when the clay turned to mud, we still played. Not like here in the U.S."
Her mother was an Olympic figure skater and then a coach. Her father Alex is a businessman. "Not a big business like here, you know," she said. "We were not rich, anyway life is different in Russia.
"Every day, up at five to practice before school, then after school, for a couple of hours and you have to do your homework, no exceptions. I had no childhood."
Her father was her coach, a classical martinet, like many of the fathers on the women's tour. Because of various incidents and strains, she no longer speaks to him. "He turned me into a machine. I am more than that. I don't really want to talk about it," Poutchkova said. "It's the same with other girls, especially Russian girls because the fathers see tennis as a way to make money."
Now she's with Haddad, 35, a former All-American college player. "She's hungry and that's what it takes," he said.
A look at the list of the top 50 on the women's tour shows 11 are from Russia. Three of the top 10 are from Russia. "People are always asking how come so many girls from Russia are doing so well," Poutchkova said. "The answer is simple: Because of where we're from, what we go through, we get on the court and we want to kill."

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #432
country flag goldenlox

A couple of comments - It's expensive to be on tour. That's why you have to be in the main draw at the majors to be a pro.
More than half of the draw in each major is outside the top 50, so Olga will have a chance to win some first round matches. And she did that in Melbourne. That was a good start to 2007.

But, you have to get used to being on show courts. That's where the money is. You won't get wealthy playing on court 8.

What Olga has to learn, is howto balance power and placement. You have to try to control the point, without making ue's, and giving the point away.

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #433
country flag goldenlox

Olga is now #37. So she's close to making real money. You should play IW and Miami, where they give 32 byes, and the seeds play nonseeds in round 2.
Get that ranking up a few more places, and you won't see a seed at the slams until round 3.
3rd round is about $40,000 in NYC.

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #434
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld

Olga plays tomorrow vs Bremond, as the 3rd match on Court#2.

Good luck!
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #435
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

good luck Olga tomorrow
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote