Kelly Liggan Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #91
country flag ClaudiaZ-S

ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute
Kelly
Quel prix de mon amour! Il craint des pleurs qu'il m'oblige ŕ répandre . Insensible au feu le plus tendre dont un coeur ait brűlé jamais , quand mes soupirs ne peuvent suspendre l'injustice de ses projets . Il fuit pour ne les pas entendre.

(July 4th, 1994 - August 5th, 2009) I love you so much... I miss you so...
Mary Pierce Brenda Schultz McCarthy Naomi Cavaday Elena Baltacha Kelly Liggan
Andy Murray Olivier Patience Alexander Slabinsky Lucky Tim
ClaudiaZ-S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2006, 02:33 PM   #92
country flag Foot's Fingers

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute
Pls recover soon
Foot's Fingers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:43 PM   #93
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
JUST a week after making a massive improvement of 71 places in the WTA singles world rankings, Kelly Liggan has been cruelly laid low with a back injury.

Liggan rose from 254 to 183 in the space of three weeks, thanks to winning two ITF $25,000 tournaments - her first outright successes at that level - and reaching the quarter-final in another similar category tournament.

That left the Ireland No 1 just two places below her career-high figure of 181, set on September 15, 2003. And her major upward move was additionally notable due to the fact that her ranking had tumbled to 330 in August 2005, a figure she had improved on to 287 by the end of the year.

But the Marbella-based player's hopes of surpassing her previous best world position were emphatically dashed when she suffered a slipped disc in her back during the qualifying rounds of the US Open.

Action

As a result, the earliest she can hope of returning to tournament action is not until the middle of next month.

"An injury like this is obviously something you would hope to avoid, but even more so after things had been going so well for me in the previous few weeks," said Liggan, who was tied 3-3 in the first set with Poland's world No 129 Agnieszka Radwanska when she felt the problem with her back.

"I didn't fall, but I felt this acute pain in my back after I stretched for a ball. I immediately got some treatment from the physio, but after trying to play on, there was no way that I could continue and I forfeited the game and the match."

Liggan's injury was so serious that after leaving the court, she was put in a back-brace by a WTA official, and on the journey home she had to use a wheelchair at New York, London and Malaga airports.

However, last Saturday, the 27-year-old right-hander was able to walk without pain for the first time, and if her recovery continues at the same rate, she plans to start hitting next week.

"I've had ultra-sound treatment and soft massage to loosen the back muscles, and that has been a big help," she explained. Finals

Liggan's tournament title successes were recorded in two consecutive weeks last month in the Vigo Open, in Spain, and the Coimbra Open, in Portugal, defeating France's Laura Thorpe (ranked 340) 6-1 6-3, and Romania's Monica Niculescu (ranked 211) 6-0 7-6 (9/7) in the respective finals.

Ironically, her most emphatic victory - 6-0 6-0 - was registered over the highest ranked player she faced over the two weeks, Spain's world No 149 Arantxa Parra-Santona.

Her quarter-final appearance was in the $25,000 Les Contamines Open, in France.

The Irish player's US Open opponent went on to qualify for the main draw, winning her first match before losing 4-6 3-6 to France's Tatiana Golovin, who pushed subsequent champion Maria Sharapova to a 6-7 6-7 scoreline in the quarter-finals
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #94

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Kelly Liggan Cheering Thread

Kelly hopefully will be back next week in the 50k in the states! Hoping she can keep up her form
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #95
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Good Luck to Kelly in 2007, I hope she gets to play at least one round of a main draw of a grand slam and maybe win another challenger AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TO STAY INJURY FREE for 2007
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 09:22 PM   #96
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Irish Independent December 6th 2006

Liggan primed for comeback

Kelly liggan is set to return to international duty when Ireland travel to Bilbao to take on a Basque region of Spain selection on december 16 and 17. The Marbella based right hander who missed the last 2 Fed Cup campaigns, will be joined for the indoor clay event by Rachael Dillon and Elsa O'Riain and the men will consist of Conor Niland, Louk Sorensen and John McGahon. New Federation Cup boss Garry Cahill will take overall charge of the teams, and promising 16 year old Mariyana Levova will travel as a practice partner with the womens side.
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #97
country flag polly

RTE December 17

Success for Irish tennis in Spain

Ireland's Davis cup and Federation cup teams enjoyed a friendly win in Bilbao on Sunday. Both teams won their matches against a Basque region in an international friendly match. The Davis cup team won 3-1 with wins for Conor Niland and Louk Sorensen who won both of their singles matches. The ladies Fed cup were also 3-1 winners with 2 wins for Kelly Liggan and another for Mariyana Levova.
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #98
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Kelly this year! She is such a sweetheart, she deserves all the best!
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 01:59 AM   #99
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:18 PM   #100
country flag polly

I really hope to see kelly in the aussie open!
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #101
country flag polly

best of luck to kelly liggan in hawaii!
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #102
country flag Mauresmo Fan

Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold Mauresmo Fan is a splendid one to behold

go kelly u r great

pierce come back soon we miss u
Mauresmo Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #103

According to the Aus open thread on this site, Kelly has just managed to squeeze into the qualy list for Aus. Hope she finds her form again, she got to the final round of qual here on her first appearance six years ago!
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #104
country flag Inspiration

Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice Inspiration is just really nice

The 2007 Australian Open Qualifying Draw is out!

Here is Kelly's part of the draw ...

(4) Kristina Barrois (GER) vs Paola Suarez
Lioudmila Skavronskaia vs Kelly Liggan

Nathalie Vierin (ITA) vs Sandra Zahlavova
Neha Uberoi (USA) vs (14) Viktoriya Kutuzova

Tough draw
Inspiration is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 09:57 PM   #105
country flag polly

best of luck to kelly in the australian open! she is playing ludmila skavronskaia of russia.