Kelly Liggan Cheering Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #76
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
Kelly has been on quite a bad run of form in the past few weeks
She's skipping the Fed Cup for the second year in a row and she's down for the 25k in Spain this week. Lets hope she can get back to winning ways after last weeks performance
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #77
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Kelly. Those 25ks on hard could be great for her though!
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #78

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
Kelly has made her first WTA tour main draw in singles in nearly three and a half years at Rabat this week!
Unfortunately she lost to Anne Kremer (tough old bird) in last round of qualiys but due to withdrawals she's in!
Well done to her.Its a great achievement for any player to play on the WTA tour and a great reward for her efforts over the last years.
Go Kelly!
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #79

In the main draw Kelly has drawn the qualifier L Skavronskaia. Kelly has a 0-2 record against her so it will be tough, but lets hope for the best!
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #80

Kelly has made her first 25k final in nearly four years in Madrid Spain.
She won her first match only losing one game but the other three have all been tough three setters including taking three tiebreakers to best top seed Olga Blathova in qfs
She now has a very tough match against MJ Martinez of Spain who was in top 100 before leaving the game for a few years and is now on the way back there. But maybe Kelly can win her first 25k title!
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #81
country flag Foot's Fingers

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute
All the best to Kelly
Foot's Fingers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 01:49 AM   #82

After her great last tournament Kelly is back as 4th seed in 25k challenger valladolid spain. She has had a good win in the first round against Cordenaeu who just won a 25k challenger beating a lot of good players along the way.
Her next match is against Chvojkova who upset Kelly in Canada earlier in the year.
Good luck Kelly!
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #83

Kelly has won her first title at 25k level in Vigo Spain!
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #84

Well Kelly is on a great run of form at the moment. And btw where are all her supporters who should be cheering her on??!!
She followed up her first win in Vigo by winning in Coimbra the next week. So she should be up to approx 184 in the ranks tomorrow, which is only three places below her career high.
Plus TBE has just confirmed to me that she has made the qualy list for the US Open. Her first grand slam in 2 years. Lets hope she can keep up her good form next week.
Hoping she's in for a long stay in top 200 or to go higher.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 07:33 AM   #85
country flag ae wowww

ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of
We're here, Steve!
Natasha Khan - Tatiana Perebiynis - Lucie Safarova - Kelly Liggan - Maria Sharapova - Andrea Petkovic - Anna Smith - Jie Zheng - Jelena Dokic - Francesca Schiavone - Kim Clijsters - Tamira Paszek - Iveta Benesova - Cara Black - Jane O'Donoghue - Alicia Molik - Elena Bovina - Emily Webley-Smith - Emma Laine - Casey Dellacqua - Patty Schnyder - Carly Gullickson - Caroline Wozniacki - Jennifer Russell - Jelena Jankovic - Trudi Musgrave - Nicole Vaidisova - Anna Chakvetadze - Pemra Ozgen - Shuai Peng - Bryanne Stewart - Alexandra Stevenson - Abigail Spears - Sania Mirza - Irina Bulykina - Tatiana Golovin - Jill Craybas - Bethanie Mattek

Anastassia Rodionova
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 09:07 AM   #86
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
Go Kelly in New York
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 03:03 AM   #87
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
anyone know what happened to kelly today??
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #88

Well whatever injury Kelly got in new york shes had to withdraw from the next two weeks of tournaments, so the earliest she will prob be back is in Troy on the week of Oct 2nd. The last time she went into the top 200 she got injured straight away as well, and by the time she came back a lot of her points had dropped off
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 03:42 AM   #89
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
Kelly injured her back in New York

hope she can play soon
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #90

Irish Times names Liggan as Sportswoman of the Month for August

The Irish Times has announced that Kelly Liggan is the winner of the August 2006 Sportswoman of the Month award, see article reprint below:

Liggan gets lift from back-to-back victories
by Mary Hannigan, The Irish Times

Kelly Liggan has become accustomed to experiencing extreme highs and lows in her professional career, but in a three-week period in August, she felt like she had gone through it all.

From the highs of winning back-to-back tournaments in Spain and Portugal to the desperate dissapointment of having to retire injured from her US Open qualifier, when she was leading 4-3 in the opening set, it has been a test of character for the Irish Number one.

And, having had to battle back from several injuries during her career, including a fractured ankle, Liggan is now out of action for a month, just as she was regaining lost ground in the world rankings. Liggan slipped a disc when leading Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska at Flushing Meadows, thus ending her dreams of reaching the main draw.

"It was very tough because coming off winning two tournaments I went there with a lot of confidence", said the 27 year-old. "It was bad luck, I know that, but I have to take the positives from it all, I was playing my best tennis ever and I think I can get back to that. It's just a case of keeping working hard".

Liggan, who was born in Ireland but grew up in Spain, is based in Marbella (hence her admission "my accent is all over the place") and it is to the resort she has returned to recover from her injury. "I'm getting better slowly, I should be back within a month, so that's not too bad, it could have been a lot worse".

Her form in early August, when she won two $25,000 International Tennis Federation hard-court tournaments (the third and fourth ITF titles of her career), is, she says, what is keeping her spirits up, making her all the more eager to return to action. The first of the wins came in Vigo, Spain, when, seeded fourth, she took the title without dropping a set in five rounds.

A week later, in Coimbra, Portugal, where she was the eight seed, she beat top seed Arantxa Parra Santoja 6-0, 6-0 in the quarter-finals, going on to complete her back-to-back victories with a straight-sets win over Romanian Monica Niculescu in the final.

Liggan collected 50 ranking points from the two successes,lifting her to 183 in the world rankings, just two places short of her highest ever placing in September 2003. By Mauresmo and Sharapova standards the ranking might be modest; by Irish standards it's significantly more than creditable.

"August was brilliant, it just felt like all my hard work had paid off, it really was the best tennis I had ever played" she said. "A lot of it, I believe, is down to the fact I changed coaches, my coach is now Spanish, a former pro. I just feel I have a really great connection with the guy, he seems to understand me as a person, and I just feel I have a really great connection with the guy, he seems to understand me as a person, and I just feel way more relaxed when I go out to play."

The month ahead, she insits, won't be about relaxation, rather the effort to recover as quickly as possible and get back to playing. It is, though, a break from the ceaseless travelling which has been part of her life for over a decade. "Now that I'm here (in Marbella) I feel 'my god I'm not going anywhere', which is very strange," she laughs. Get thee to the beach. "I will, I will", she promises.