Kelly Liggan Cheering Thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #46
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
This will be Kelly's eighth semi final at 25K (She also recahed a semi final at 50K in Los Gatos California in 04)
Her first three semis were all in Mexico. She has also reached three semis in the UK and one in Italy. Unfortunately she has only progressed to the final in one of these tournaments. That win was against Leanne Baker 6-3 6-0 on grass in Felixstowe in 2002.
Dubois, her semi opponent, is defending champion here but I'm sure Kelly will give her a great match this time
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #47
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenk
This will be Kelly's eighth semi final at 25K (She also recahed a semi final at 50K in Los Gatos California in 04)
Her first three semis were all in Mexico. She has also reached three semis in the UK and one in Italy. Unfortunately she has only progressed to the final in one of these tournaments. That win was against Leanne Baker 6-3 6-0 on grass in Felixstowe in 2002.
Dubois, her semi opponent, is defending champion here but I'm sure Kelly will give her a great match this time
We're due for # 2 then!!

The last time they played wasn't that long ago. Hopefully Kelly has some confidence from this:
Head 2 Head:
2004 VANCOUVER HARD (O) Q- R32
235-Liggan d. 335-Dubois - 4-6,6-4,6-3
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #48
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
go Kelly
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #49
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
good luck Kelly

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #50

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
Kelly loses in three sets in Rockford semis Great effort this week.
Kelly is down to play in Sunderland (where I went to uni) next week. If she decides to go, the draw should be much easier than Rockford.
Kelly should move up to about 20 places after this tourn, so ranking going in the right direction. her best rank since Aug 04.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #51

ROCKFORD — Kelly Liggan turns 27 today.

If she was looking for an early gift from No. 5 seed Stephanie DuBois in Saturday’s semifinal of the SwedishAmerican Tennis Classic, she came to the wrong place.

“Thanks for the birthday present,” Liggan said after losing 6-1, 2-6, 6-3 to the defending champion in two hours.

It was the first three-setter for Liggan this week.

“And I was feeling it in the third,” she said. “She’s very confident on these courts, and when you play with confidence you can do anything.”

DuBois only seemed to get stronger after the second set, finishing off Liggan on match point with three straight blistering backhands to her backhand and a fourth backhand that hugged the forehand line.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #52
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Happy b'day Kelly!!!
Great effort this week. It'll be great to see how she goes next up.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #53

Kelly is in the draw for sunderland this week!
5th week in a row playing, obviously keen to get ranking up.
Shes landed in a good section of the draw. Story Tweedie Yates in the first round tomorrow. Good luck Kelly keep up the good form!
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #54
country flag SeanyQ

Sunderland 1r:
479-Story Tweedie-Yates (USA) d. 279-Kelly - 6-2,3-6,6-4
No doubles this week.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #55

Kelly! must b tired from rockford, only explanation!
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:44 AM   #56

Kelly as number 7 seed loses again this week to Chojkova in Canada
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:56 PM   #57

Clearwater Florida 25k
Kelly wins first round match against Eva Hrdinova when she retires 6-2 3-0 down. Next match is against Raquel Kops Jones who beat Kelly in three sets three years ago.
Kelly is still ranked a lot higher than Kops Jones, however she seems to be in good form recently so should be tough match!
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:50 PM   #58
country flag Boss monkey

Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future Boss monkey has a brilliant future
Kelly liggan def. Raquel Kops Jones 6-4 6-4
Boss monkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #59
country flag SeanyQ

Clearwater $25k Singles QF:

257-Liggan d. 6/198-Tiffany Dabek (USA) - 6-2,6-1

Revenge for 8 years ago when Dabek won 0-6,7-6(3),6-4!!!

Will play 297-Alberta Brianti (ITA) - 1st meeting.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #60
country flag SeanyQ

Doubles SF:

3-Liggan(232)/Linu Stanciute (155/LAT) d. Raquel Kops-Jones(253/USA))/Story Tweedie-Yates(499/USA) - 7-5,6-1

Revenge for the singles loss a couple of weeks ago to Story.

Final:
vs
1-Natalie Grandin(117-RSA)/Chanelle Scheepers(205/RSA)