Kelly Liggan Cheering Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 06:10 AM   #31
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenk
Well done Kelly!
I'd never heard of Sun but I was a bit worried when I had a look at her results. Kirkland will be much tougher though.
I think she's still a long way off making grand slam qualies again, would need to get to about 210 in rankings.
Didnt know that about Argeri/Sobral, they've got their revenge for Mexico City final Seems like a fairly good partnership Kelly has with Soledad
I think we'll get a pretty good indication of where Kelly's at from the Kirkland match.
As for Argeri/Sobral - not nice girls. The stories I've heard about those 2!!
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #32
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Jessica Kirkland d. (Q)Kelly Liggan 6-3,5-7,7-6(5)
So close!! Great effort Kelly.
Good luck in the dub's.
Looks like the top 200 may be on its way.....
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #33
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
Well done Kelly! nearly there, hope can win a tie break next time. Just got the last main draw place in rockford.
If she makes quali in paris or wimbledon, then i'll try and go.
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #34
country flag SeanyQ

Waikoloa Dubs:
QF: Kelly/Esperon d. 539-So-Jung Kim/Sheng-Nan Sun - 6-3,6-3;
SF: 2/265-Julie Ditty/Lilia Osterloh d. Kelly/Esperon - 7-5,2-6,7-5.

Points/$ for the week:
Singles - 2.5/$475;
Dubs - 15.5/$380;
Total $ - $855.

A really good effort this week. Jessica Kirkland went on the reach the singles final, beating the top seed in the SF's 6-2,6-2!!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #35

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
And practically nothing to defend till end of april, hoping Kelly can build on her performances this year. Seems the players she lost to,Sassi and Scheepers are moving back up the ranks fairly fast too.
And get that doubles rank back up Kelly! If Claire Curran can break top hundred I'm sure we could have a second Irish woman there too.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 03:50 AM   #36
country flag SeanyQ

$25k Rockford USA:
1r Draw: Kelly vs Eva Fislova (SVK).

Eva is a qualifier ranked 305 to Kelly's 285.

Head 2 head (that I could find) - 1-0 to Eva:

March 2002 - Mexico - $25k:

Fislova d. Liggan - 6-4,6-4.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 02:36 AM   #37
country flag SeanyQ

Liggan d. Fislova 6-1,6-0
Revenge for last time......
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 02:42 AM   #38
country flag SeanyQ

Dubs 1r:
3/207-Ditty(USA)/Grandin(RSA) d. 440-Kelly/Soledad - 7-5,6-3
She may play Grandin 2r of the singles.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM   #39
country flag SeanyQ

ROCKFORD — Kelly Liggan was born in Ireland, grew up in Spain and has a mother who lives in England.

“So my accent is all over the place,” she said.

Her tennis game, though, was together Tuesday in the first round of the main draw of the SwedishAmerican Tennis Classic. Liggan, ranked 285th, breezed through a 6-1, 6-0 win over Eva Fislova.

Fislova, the top-ranked qualifier who beat Alexandra Stevenson on Sunday, spent much of the match berating herself and the referees. Liggan, meanwhile, was playing almost flawlessly.

“I don’t want to think about it,” Liggan said. “It was too good to be true.”

Liggan lost to Jessica Kirkland in three sets in Waikoloa, Hawaii, and Kirkland went on to beat Edina Gallovits, the Classic’s top seed, in straight sets.

“I had match point on her, too,” Liggan said of Kirkland. “So that gave me a lot of confidence coming into this tournament.”
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 08:05 PM   #40

Great result for Kelly!
I actually saw Fislova qualify for wimbledon a few years ago and she was fairly impressive.
Were you a fan of Kelly before you saw her play as well?
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:51 AM   #41
country flag SeanyQ

From memory, it was the late 90's when I first saw Kelly play (at the Australian $25k's). I'm pretty sure if I'd heard of her before that it would've been close to the time I first saw her.
So really, I only became a fan after seeing her play.
I'm 1/2 Irish (Dad moved to Aus when he was 14), so I've been hoping we'd get an Irish player get right up in the rankings.
I don't hold much hope for Rachael Dillon, so it looks like Kelly is our only hope.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:36 AM   #42
country flag SeanyQ

Rockford Singles 2r:
Kelly vs 6/159-Natalie Grandin (RSA).

Head 2 head:
June 2002 - Surbiton GBR - Grass:
5/234-Liggan d. 281-Grandin - 6-1,6-2.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 04:32 AM   #43
country flag SeanyQ

2r: Kelly d. 6/159-Natalie Grandin (RSA) - 6-2,7-6(2)

QF: Kelly vs 1/126-Edina Gallovits (ROM):
1st career meeting.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:22 PM   #44

QF: Kelly beats Gallovits 6-2 6-1!!!!
Wow best form in a long while
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #45
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenk
QF: Kelly beats Gallovits 6-2 6-1!!!!
Wow best form in a long while