Kelly Liggan Cheering Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #16
country flag bovina_forever

bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future bovina_forever has a brilliant future
Can any one who has seen kelly play tell me about her game like is she a baseliner, netplayer, counter puncher, etc...thanks
bovina_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #17
country flag ae wowww

ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted2perfection
Can any one who has seen kelly play tell me about her game like is she a baseliner, netplayer, counter puncher, etc...thanks
Definitely a baseliner
Natasha Khan - Tatiana Perebiynis - Lucie Safarova - Kelly Liggan - Maria Sharapova - Andrea Petkovic - Anna Smith - Jie Zheng - Jelena Dokic - Francesca Schiavone - Kim Clijsters - Tamira Paszek - Iveta Benesova - Cara Black - Jane O'Donoghue - Alicia Molik - Elena Bovina - Emily Webley-Smith - Emma Laine - Casey Dellacqua - Patty Schnyder - Carly Gullickson - Caroline Wozniacki - Jennifer Russell - Jelena Jankovic - Trudi Musgrave - Nicole Vaidisova - Anna Chakvetadze - Pemra Ozgen - Shuai Peng - Bryanne Stewart - Alexandra Stevenson - Abigail Spears - Sania Mirza - Irina Bulykina - Tatiana Golovin - Jill Craybas - Bethanie Mattek

Anastassia Rodionova
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #18
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted2perfection
She has a 2 handed backhand, good serve. Doesn't hit many winners from the baseline, but moves the ball around well. Can be pretty firey, never gives up
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 12:22 PM   #19
country flag Foot's Fingers

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute
Kelly was playing doubles with Tanya Panova this week - what a pairing

But they have lost
Foot's Fingers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #20
country flag DanWoody

DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all DanWoody is a name known to all
She looks good; only the skin is too light for the hot summer season...but that is probably a problem for all Irish sportsmen.
DanWoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #21
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
Kelly is playing the 25k in florida this week. She has practically no points to defend till end of april, so good opportunity to move up the ranks.
Go Kelly!
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #22
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Kelly's start to the year.....

Tampa $25k - USA:
Singles:
1r: 281-Valentina Sassi d. 284-Liggan - 6-4,7-6(5).
Doubles:
1r: 4/443-Esperon/Liggan d. 478-Kucova/Kurhajcova - 6-3,6-2.
QF: 468-Errani/Krivencheva d. 4/443-Esperon/Liggan - 6-3,2-6,6-3.

Ft. Walton Beach $25k - USA (this week):
1r: 287-Liggan d. Q-438-Tetiana Luzhanska - 6-2,2-6,6-3.
QF: vs 7/243-Chanelle Scheepers - 1st ever career meeting.
(Scheepers beat unranked wc Amber Liu in 1r - 6-3,6-2).

No doubles this week for Kelly.
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #23

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light
Kelly actually beat her in surbiton 03 but has lost on this occasion in florida. She needs to start winning matches like this to move up ranks though
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 02:15 AM   #24
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenk
Kelly actually beat her in surbiton 03 but has lost on this occasion in florida. She needs to start winning matches like this to move up ranks though
You're right. Kelly won 7-5,6-2 in 2003. wtatour website wrong again (has them tied at 0-0).
So this time Chanelle wins 6-3,7-6(5).
Good luck next week Kelly!!
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:59 AM   #25
country flag SeanyQ

Waikoloa $50K:
Q1: Kelly d. (unranked/wc) Megan Alexander (USA) - 6-3,6-2.
She next plays Christina Fusano (635/USA) who beat Lauren Fisher (907/USA) by the same scoreline.

Last edited by SeanyQ : Jan 22nd, 2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ
She has a 2 handed backhand, good serve. Doesn't hit many winners from the baseline, but moves the ball around well. Can be pretty firey, never gives up
Unfortunately i haven't seen her play yet (although ive tried !) but have been following her career for many years. Do you think she has the game to get back into top 200?
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:38 AM   #27
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenk
Unfortunately i haven't seen her play yet (although ive tried !) but have been following her career for many years. Do you think she has the game to get back into top 200?
Yeah, I think she can definitely get back into the top 200. Top 150 may be pushing it. I haven't seen her play for about 3 years. Her form seems to be OK at the moment though, so hopefully she can get back up there. She's not that far off getting into the Grand Slam qualies.

Waikoloa Q2:
(3)Kelly d. Christina Fusano (USA) - 6-1,7-5

Next up she plays:
(6)Sheng-Nan Sun d. Tomoko Yonemura (JPN) - 6-2,3-6,6-1.
Shengnan is a 19 y.o Chinese player currently at a career best of 320.
Kelly will be the 2nd highest ranked player in the final round of qualies.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:43 PM   #28
country flag Foot's Fingers

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute
GO Kelly
Foot's Fingers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #29
country flag SeanyQ

Singles Q3:
(3/285)Kelly Liggan d. (6/320)Sheng-Nan Sun (CHN) - 5-7,6-3,6-2
Will play #190 Jessica Kirkland (USA) in the MD. I'm pretty sure this will be there 1st ever meeting.

Doubles 1r:
440-Kelly/Esperon d. 4/283-Argeri/Sobral - 3-6,6-2,6-3

Argeri & Sobral are 2 of the worst sports on tour!! So it's always nice to beat opponents like that!!
Should be an easier QF match for Kelly & Esperon against a lower ranked pair or a wc pair.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #30

Well done Kelly!
I'd never heard of Sun but I was a bit worried when I had a look at her results. Kirkland will be much tougher though.
I think she's still a long way off making grand slam qualies again, would need to get to about 210 in rankings.
Didnt know that about Argeri/Sobral, they've got their revenge for Mexico City final Seems like a fairly good partnership Kelly has with Soledad