Maria Sharapova def. Serena Williams 6-1 6-4 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:10 PM   #61
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Good tactics by Maria. Saw a lot of body serve, and those two lobs were absolute crucial point of the match. She was patient at time and not go for the line all the time. Amazing how much her play hasimproved since her quarterfinal against Ai
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:11 PM   #62
country flag raquel

raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute
Great performance from Maria. I predicted she would win the event before it started but I didn't really think it would happen She was totally nerveless and deserved it today. Well done Maria

It was not Serena's day but the crowd showed the respect they have for her in the interview afterwards, totally different to the Paris crowd, and I think Serena appreciated that. She said after the Amelie match it was one of the moments of her career, so at least she that to be proud of. When she was sitting in the chair while Maria was parading the trophy, Serena looked very emotional

Also Oracene and Richard Williams were so gracious too. I saw Oracene smiling and clapping in the row behind Maria's dad when he was hugging Maria

raquel is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:12 PM   #63
htm
Banned

htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeleno Benesovo
hehehehe

and nop, is not because her color (I don't care at all that) I call her "beast" because she plays and sometimes looks like one (whens she is angry)... anyway the skinny and beautiful Maria have shown us how to tame her

It's so sweet

Please lets not start this. Today was a wonderful day for Maria and she don't need her fans on her calling Serena names, I think thats why most people dislike her on this board is because of her fans promoting her looks and not her game. Today I became a Maria fan not because her looks but because of her talent. I don't see her as a sex object but a wonderful person, athlete,daughter, and hard worker.
htm is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:14 PM   #64
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongqks
Good tactics by Maria. Saw a lot of body serve, and those two lobs were absolute crucial point of the match. She was patient at time and not go for the line all the time. Amazing how much her play hasimproved since her quarterfinal against Ai

I'm glad you agree with me because it made a big difference today.
The lob has been used before by the Capster, Chanda, Justine
and Amelie in their match wins against Serena. It was surprising
for me because you normally don't associate tall female
players lobbing opponents. It's more of the wily, shorter, finesse
player trick.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:17 PM   #65
country flag ans

ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbuster
Serena beat herself. Pfft.

Please, she couldn't keep a ball in.
Didn't know you could be funny.
ans is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:19 PM   #66
franny

franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get it, how could Serena beat herself when she had less unforced errors than Sharapova. She only hit 10 unforced errors in 2 sets, and had more winners to errors. I don't think Serena played badly at all, not great, but not bad. I think that Sharapova just outplayed her in every aspect of the game and was just on fire from the back of the court. Well done to Maria, congrats girl! And Serena, good luck this summer and gain lots of points.
no i am not talking about a racket or a squirrel, i am talking about the former and future number 1..............
martina hingis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Justine Henin Hardenne, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, and any of my other favorites that I might have forgotten about at this moment.
franny is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:19 PM   #67
country flag cheesestix

cheesestix has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbuster
Serena beat herself. Pfft.

Please, she couldn't keep a ball in.
I just KNEW the excuses would come out sooner or later!

Like I've said, NEVER ANY CREDIT to the opponent by SOME fans! ALWAYS with the excuses.

But Ballbuster, I thought that Serena would win easily. So why was she hitting the ball out so much. She didn't even need to try that hard against such a non-threat as Maria, right? LOL.

Congrats MARIA!
cheesestix is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:22 PM   #68
country flag cheesestix

cheesestix has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by franny
I don't get it, how could Serena beat herself when she had less unforced errors than Sharapova. She only hit 10 unforced errors in 2 sets, and had more winners to errors. I don't think Serena played badly at all, not great, but not bad. I think that Sharapova just outplayed her in every aspect of the game and was just on fire from the back of the court. Well done to Maria, congrats girl! And Serena, good luck this summer and gain lots of points.
SOME fans can't accept that a Williams could actually lose a match. They need SOME EXCUSE to justify the loss.....S/V played like crap, they were injured, the other player cheated, etc.

And SOME fans are gracious and classy. It's the poor sports that give other Williams fans a bad name.
cheesestix is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:27 PM   #69
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
OMG, I'm in shock, can't wait to see the match again.

I did not expect this result, congrats Masha.

Now, im off 2 find that dumbass thread that congratulated Serena on winning wimbledon y'day

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM   #70
Ballbuster
Banned

Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Serena just showed up. She just wanted to put in a showing. Her game didn't show up.

She was just trying to make the tour interesting. She threw the match.
Ballbuster is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM   #71
country flag ans

ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdoul
yeah right ! you called her a beast cos you hardly believe that blacks looks like beasts.
I'll tell you what . if one call a white player names or a gay player ,the post is automatickly edited or deleted

but when it comes to black... it's all right...

the truth is ... white people never liked blacks , they still don't like blacks and they'll never like blacks.
Please, don't be so simple-minded.
ans is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM   #72
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute
all I can say is wow. im shocked and i am so happy right now. congrats to Maria. i know she could do it all along

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM   #73
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Joy. And you were right about Maria.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:31 PM   #74
country flag Circe

Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold Circe is a splendid one to behold
totally unexpected and a bit sad for me, but totally GOOD in a way. i'm sorry serena lost, but she was beaten by someone who played a better game on the day. that bit where she was trying to call her mother on the phone had me laughing through my disappointment.

And then she was back, that goddess-like creature, back to torment the souls of the good and distribute free samples of bacon to the bad.

Circe's Choice Cuts:
(Providing the world with quality pork since 1832 B.C.)
Bird Flu on the horizon! Pork is now the meat of choice!! Get your CCC Pork before we are forced to raise the prices!!!

Circe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:36 PM   #75
country flag Jeleno Benesovo

Jeleno Benesovo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdoul
yeah right ! you called her a beast cos you hardly believe that blacks looks like beasts.
I'll tell you what . if one call a white player names or a gay player ,the post is automatickly edited or deleted

but when it comes to black... it's all right...

the truth is ... white people never liked blacks , they still don't like blacks and they'll never like blacks.
look Moron, Max Mirnyi is also known as "the beast" (due his facial features and kind of game)and he is as white as the snow. so you and the others who can't handle anything said on the williams sis without claim that their race is related stop saying that bunch of crap, your boring!
point 2. I am not even white

I like and dislike players from any color or citizenship, to dislike "or like" some player just because her-his color is the true racism
Jeleno Benesovo is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread