Maria Sharapova def. Serena Williams 6-1 6-4 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:48 PM   #46
country flag ans

ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
WHy do you have to call Serean a beast? Because she is black?
It was one of the headlines in one of our biggest newspapers yesterday.

Well done Maria
ans is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:49 PM   #47
country flag ans

ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
Wow, Blind and Stupid!

I think most of the Williams fans are in here congratulating Maria.

Or is that just Stupid and Crazy...
*still waiting for Ballbuster*
ans is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:51 PM   #48
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so so happy for Maria!!

Her win so unexpected, that I even have tears in my eyes from happiness!!

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:52 PM   #49
nikita771

nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of
As upset as I am that Serena didn't get the three-peat, I can't help but be totally impressed with Sharapova. I'm definitely liking her more and more - even though she bear one of my favs. I didn't actually see the match, but from what I'm reading - she played an excellent match.
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:52 PM   #50
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans
It was one of the headlines in one of our biggest newspapers yesterday.

Well done Maria
You wouldn't see a stupid headlime like that in America.

And Serena isn't a beast.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:52 PM   #51
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
I bet nobody saw that coming...

I can't stop smiling! Smiling because of all the people that BAD REP'd my ASS from early before Wimbledon when I said Maria had a good chance on winning the title! I said it, and it happened. And Maria deserved it! What a great match...

Serena showed great sportsmanship... And Maria, Maria, Maria... what a moment!
SilK is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM   #52
country flag Nastyafan

Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice
Unbelievable, fantasic, wonderful...
Masha you are sooo cool and sweet
And Russian domination is a fact
Nastyafan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM   #53
nikita771

nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of
That is such an ugly sentence. Congrats to Maria, but there's no need to throw around insults.

[quote=Jeleno Benesovo]yessssss the beauty has tamed the beast!!!
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:58 PM   #54
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by faste5683
Why do you think Serena's forehand was off? Just a bad day - or the severe pace and depth of shot by Masha?

Congrats Masha!

It was off from the Momo match already, so I don´t think it was Maria´s pace.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:01 PM   #55
country flag Martian Willow
Team WTAworld

Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans
*still waiting for Ballbuster*
...busy changing his signature, no doubt...well done Maria...
Martian Willow is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:04 PM   #56
Ballbuster
Banned

Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Serena beat herself. Pfft.

Please, she couldn't keep a ball in.
Ballbuster is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:04 PM   #57
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Well...it was the tactics. Yes, tactics. Maria didn't
really use the lob much in the previous matches, and it shows
up today. Good scouting by her coaching staff. She hit a
couple of returns at Serena's body too.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:04 PM   #58
country flag tennisjam

tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all tennisjam is a name known to all
amazing maturity
tennisjam is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:05 PM   #59
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Well done Maria
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM   #60
country flag St.Sebastian
Team WTAworld

St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute St.Sebastian has a reputation beyond repute
Maria!!!
I'm so happy!!! Damn, I didn't see the match though - only the last game
St.Sebastian is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread