Maria Sharapova def. Serena Williams 6-1 6-4 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM   #31
country flag Glenn

Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light Glenn is a glorious beacon of light
LMFAO, she seems drunk!

~|~ Justine Henin-Hardenne ~|~ ~|~ Karolina Sprem ~|~ ~|~ Ashley Harkleroad~|~ ~|~ Marissa Irvin ~|~ ~|~ Corina Morariu ~|~ ~|~ Anna Kournikova ~|~ ~|~ Clarisa Fernandez ~|~ ~|~ Flavia Pennetta ~|~ ~|~ Iroda Tulyaganova ~|~ ~|~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~|~ ~|~ Denisa Chladkova ~|~ ~|~ Patty Schnyder ~|~ ~|~ Aniko Kapros ~|~ ~|~ Daja Bedanova ~|~ ~|~ Maja Matevzic ~|~ ~|~ Alexandra Stevenson ~|~
Glenn is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM   #32
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Serena´s forehand was just waaayy off today and Tracy sure gave Maria all the tips needed.
bandabou is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM   #33
country flag Smackie

Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of
I think Serena is genuinely happy for Maria. Smiling during her interview and shared Maria's jokes.

Now both women win my respect!

Thank you.
Smackie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:38 PM   #34
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Maria.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:38 PM   #35
country flag spec7er

spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold spec7er is a splendid one to behold
I have to say Sharapova played a good match and Serena is still not at her presurgery level. She was the better player today. Serena's fh was just really off. Maria upped the tempo and Serena couldn't answer the challenge. Nice interview of Maria after and Serena looks like she's fighting the tears.
spec7er is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:39 PM   #36
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Maria!!!

Serena
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:39 PM   #37
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Great final. Sharapova shows that she belongs.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:39 PM   #38
wipeout

wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future wipeout has a brilliant future
Stunning.
wipeout is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:40 PM   #39
Freewoman33

Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all
Congratulations to Maria. What an oweome match from her. She was great offensively and defensively.
Freewoman33 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:40 PM   #40
country flag faste5683

faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
Serena´s forehand was just waaayy off today and Tracy sure gave Maria all the tips needed.
Why do you think Serena's forehand was off? Just a bad day - or the severe pace and depth of shot by Masha?

Congrats Masha!
faste5683 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM   #41
country flag Smackie

Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of Smackie has much to be proud of
Ahhh, Serena did a bit of crying....

Come on Serena, there are loads to be won. Stay strong girl! (as I expect you to)

Thank you.
Smackie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM   #42
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
LMFAO, she seems drunk!
'

WTF was going on at the end. The interview sounded like
she just became MISS UNIVERSE!

Oh..and the dad. Ugh...isn't loving your daughter that way
against the law in many countries.

Sorry, but Serena sounded so fake. She was crying because
she lost. It wasn't even good acting.

Congrats Kid!

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:42 PM   #43
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute
WD to Maria, I dont like her, but she really deserved to take this title
Hantuchov is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:42 PM   #44
country flag "Topaz"

"Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute
Well done, Masha! And she did it with a cold, as she just said.

Kudos to Serena for trying hard.

BTW, folks, power tennis was at play today big time, and power tennis and accuracy wan. Masha's lobs were magnificent, I must add.

"Playing aggressive tennis ... that's always the way to go, if you ask me." - Venus Williams, May/2002
"Some shots I will hit hard but not every ball. I'm not just using my power." - Serena Williams, Oct/2002
"Topaz" is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:42 PM   #45
country flag Atrixo

Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of
OMG, I'm in a state of shock right now; but it's a good kind of shock.

I wanted Maria to win, but I still expected Serena to pull through. When it came to match point for Maria, I was in disbelief, Maria's actually going to win!

Congratulations Maria on a terrific performance! I just hope the "Anna" comparisons will finally be put to rest.
Atrixo is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread