Guests of Russian Roulette? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #1
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Guests of Russian Roulette?

Any time I look at RR, guests of RR outnumber currently active members like 3 to 1. Why don't you join us, guys? We'll like to have you here..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
When Maria Kirilenko played Serena, there were over 100 guests in Russian Roulette.
The most I've seen.

And if you are one of the player's support team, we would definately appreciate your input.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #3
country flag ALPHA

ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light ALPHA is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
Any time I look at RR, guests of RR outnumber currently active members like 3 to 1. Why don't you join us, guys? We'll like to have you here..
What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?

In general, to answer your question as I understand its meaning, I am no fan of "Russian Tennis" nor a fan of Russian players. I am a tennis fan and Kournikova is one of my favorite players. Tennis is an individual sport, I choose my favorite players not by nationality, but by style of play.

As soon as I can watch some more tennis of Kirilenko, she might join my list. Certainly not because she's Russian or was born in Russia, but because I watched the French-Open match against Serena and I was glad to see a player using brain + shotmaker abilites + touch-in-hands + speed-in-feet.

Bottom line: What's the point of this "request" ?
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #4
country flag no1mariafan
Team WTAworld

no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold no1mariafan is a splendid one to behold
"What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?"

A guest is someone who hasnt registered to the boards at all. Ys is asking the guests to register and post, as there are always guests in the forums.

1. Maria Sharapova
2. Daniela Hantuchova
3. Maria Kirilenko

Удачи тебе, Мария Шарапова!

The Don of the Maria Mafia
1904..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
no1mariafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #5
country flag mostefan

mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all mostefan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA
What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?
Certainly some confusion in your perception, as it seems.
"Member" is one who logged in (after registering, sure),
and "guest" has not done it. Correct?
mostefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #6
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMONIA
The viewers at forums is incorrect many times...

Numerous times, I've seen Bovina's Herd have over 10-20 guests, and certain games forums be the same. I highly doubt it's correct.
Yes, Lina would would say that Lena B has no fans because she sucks at tennis and fakes injuries . But yeah, I saw 46 guests on last night, and I think that number is highly unlikely.

EDIT: Hey, you are Lina . Post under your normal account. Thanking you

Last edited by Epigone : Jun 30th, 2004 at 09:59 PM.
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #7
country flag Nastyafan

Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice Nastyafan is just really nice
I was a guest 2-3 months too. Maybe everyone treads this way
Nastyafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:11 PM   #8
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
More and more people are joining Russian Roulette. And the players are getting better and better.

Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:25 PM   #9
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epigone
But yeah, I saw 46 guests on last night, and I think that number is highly unlikely.
The thing is that it is _CONSISTENTLY_ unlikely high, which doesn't seem to happen to any other forum. Maybe some of players lurking around?

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #10
country flag goldenlox

The parents won't let the players read this stuff. We inflate their egos too much.

Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:47 PM   #11
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think that Vera would have the patience to read the paragraphs of nonsense that I write about her

I do know of a (non-Russian) player who visits her own forum, and people changed the way they talked about her upon learning this fact. I think it reduced the vibrant discussions because people are now afraid of offending her
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:52 PM   #12
country flag goldenlox

If I knew a player read this, it wouldn't change what I write.
I'm going to try to help each player to enjoy the journey.
It's hard work, but they have a great passion to do this. And to do this well.

Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #13
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Doug
What do you mean by joining RR?
Becoming regular participants ( readers AND contributors ) of threads and forums of RR.

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #14
country flag goldenlox

And if any players read this, I want to say that when you look back, years from now, you want to feel that you tried. That you were true to yourself.
It's not about success. Materialism is fool's gold.
You want to know that deep in your heart, you gave it your best try. That's really all we can do in life.
And then we move on.

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 12:48 AM   #15
country flag goldenlox

Maria tries as hard as she can. I will never doubt her heart and courage.