When will Venus and Serena's special rankings run out? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 01:38 AM   #1
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
When will Venus and Serena's special rankings run out?

Just wondering, thanks in advance to all those who know this kind of stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 02:39 AM   #2
country flag VW#1

VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice
I think that Venus still has her special seeding for 2 more regular tour events. The grandslams don't have to honor the rankings so she didn't have to use them at the grandslams so she has used them for 6 regular tour events. Antwerp, Dubai, Nasdaq, Family Circle Cup, Warsaw, and German Open. After she uses them in two more regular events then the regular WTA events HAVE to seed her wherever she is ranked. But the U.S. Open will most likely, and they should, seed her much higher than she is ranked, because she will probably be outside of the top ten by the time the Open rolls around. Serena has only used her special ranking 3 times, Nasdaq, Family Circle Cup, and Rome, so she could pretty much ride that until the end of the year.
VW#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #3
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW#1
I think that Venus still has her special seeding for 2 more regular tour events. The grandslams don't have to honor the rankings so she didn't have to use them at the grandslams so she has used them for 6 regular tour events. Antwerp, Dubai, Nasdaq, Family Circle Cup, Warsaw, and German Open. After she uses them in two more regular events then the regular WTA events HAVE to seed her wherever she is ranked. But the U.S. Open will most likely, and they should, seed her much higher than she is ranked, because she will probably be outside of the top ten by the time the Open rolls around. Serena has only used her special ranking 3 times, Nasdaq, Family Circle Cup, and Rome, so she could pretty much ride that until the end of the year.
Wow, that's interesting. But I think Venus will definitely be back in the top 10 by the US Open because she has no points to defend from here on out. Thanks!
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #4
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Venus' SSR runs out after the JP Morgan Chase Open, and I doubt her seeding will be raised after that, either at the US Open or anywhere else.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 02:49 AM   #5
htm
Banned

htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road htm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulez
Just wondering, thanks in advance to all those who know this kind of stuff!
During the Family Cup I recall hearing Mary Jo and Pam say during grandslam and other tournments wta players get to vote on what ranking to seed Venus and Serena, because most of the top players don't want to meet them first round.
htm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 04:41 AM   #6
country flag VW#1

VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulez
Wow, that's interesting. But I think Venus will definitely be back in the top 10 by the US Open because she has no points to defend from here on out. Thanks!
Yeah Venus has dominated the summer hardcourt surface the last 3 years, not including last year of course, and if she dominates like she has the previous years and with the Olympics handing out points this year she may in fact reach the top 10 before the open I will definitely be rooting for her.
VW#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote