german medal again? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:17 AM   #1
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
german medal again?

since tennis became part of the modern olympic games again, there always went at least one medal to germany:

1988, seoul: STEFFI GRAF (gold), STEFFI GRAF/CLAUDIA KOHDE-KILSCH (bronze)

1992, barcelona: BORIS BECKER/MICHAEL STICH (gold), STEFFI GRAF (silver)

1996, atlanta: MARC-KEVIN GOELLNER/DAVID PRINOSL (bronze)

2000, sydney: TOMMY HAAS (silver)

but who has good chances to continue this in athens? HAAS again, SCHÜTTLER?
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:51 PM   #2
country flag DramaQueen

DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road DramaQueen is on a distinguished road
no women - that's for sho
DramaQueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 10:43 AM   #3
country flag Frongie

Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice Frongie is just really nice
No German women

Go Florian Mayer!

elena dementieva

I hate Venus & Serena for their stupid cockiness and lack of respect NOT for their race ok?
Frongie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #4
country flag Kris

Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of
Rainer Schüttler and Tommy Haas
Kris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 06:21 PM   #5
country flag LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts LuckyStrike is infamous around these parts
I wish that a German would win a Medal, but i think it is impossible!!!
But....... perhaps Kiefer (bronze),hahaha

Elena Dementieva Lina Krasnoroutskaya Eleni Daniilidou Elena Bovina Anastasia Myskina Karolina Sprem Maria Kirilenko Daniela Hantuchova Anabel Medina-Garrigues
Go Lena`s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FC Schalke 04 FC Liverpool Juan Pablo Montoya
LuckyStrike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #6
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
I wish that a German would win a Medal, but i think it is impossible!!!
you think it's impossible??? KIEFER played two finals and one masters series-semifinal on that surface in a row, HAAS won a title on hard court, SCHÜTTLER is still top 10 and always able to win big tournys and MAYER is the "nothing to lose"-coming man who was ranked #362 twelve months ago and is top 40 right now... you think it's IMPOSSIBLE?
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #7
country flag selking

selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt any medals win go to germany. Usa has won the doubles gold everyyear except the first

selking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 01:07 AM   #8
country flag guycan

guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all guycan is a name known to all
I think Germany will win 2 medals.

Haas will lose the gold medal game to Roddick and Kiefer will win the bronze medal game over Henman.

Schüttler seems like he's in a bit of a rut right now. He's kind of streaky from one week to another, and I don't think he'll be a factor in Athens. Florian Mayer is a good grass-courter from what I see. I haven't seen him enough on hard court, so I wouldn't put him as a medal favourite either.

Also, I don't think the World #1's Federer and Henin-Hardenne will medal. Henin-Hardenne is short of match toughness and will be regaining her footing in Athens. She'll probably win her first round match, but go out in the 32's. Federer seems a bit too exhausted right now, and the travelling to Athens will further drain him. Look for him to go out in the Round of 16.
guycan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #9
country flag pan

wohooo, german medal again!!!! NICOLAS KIEFER and RAINER SCHÜTTLER got the double's final!!!! wohoooo! you made my day, guys!!!! so happy for them, they're such huge olympic-fans!!!