Here is a scary stat for you... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2004, 12:32 AM   #1
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a scary stat for you...

first, sorry for posting it as a separate thread. I have said before that I'm worried about Sveta playing a lot. Here is how number of matches she has played since the beginning of the year:

SUNGLES 45 (34-11 record)

DOUBLES 38 (31-7 record)
-----------------
Total 83

Just for you to compare this record with something: Kim played 102 singles matches and 51 doubles matches. Total 153.

So Sveta is right on track to repeat what Kim did last year. We all know what happened to Kim after that. (this year)

I hope Sveta's team realizes it and is careful about pushing Sveta.

Any idea about Sveta's schedule for the rest of the year?
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2004, 01:05 AM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
When I saw Sveta's thigh wrapped in the Warsaw final, and then she played Berlin with no bye, and doubles. And then Rome, I thought it was crazy.
But the coaches want money, like the agents, and the parents.
So we have to hope Sveta stays healthy. Because everyone around her wants her to paid right now.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 06:18 AM   #3
country flag TartarVicario

TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future
I hope she will not play doubles when her game is full developed
TartarVicario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #4
country flag Vass22

Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TartarVicario
It will be tough to resist! Very tough.

I hope that she's fit enough and young enough to avoid injuries.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #5
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I hope she'll stop playing doubles (maybe with exception of US Open and LA Year End Championship) after Olympics. NO MORE DOUBLES. PERIOD.

Quote:
I hope that she's fit enough and young enough to avoid injuries.
Kim is/was very fit too. It's still wear and tear no matter how fit a player is.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #6
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
no more doubles could mean an improvement in her singles results

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 02:27 PM   #7
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
she would be definitely more focused.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 03:30 PM   #8
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
She'll play doubles at least till Olympics.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 04:09 PM   #9
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2flash
She'll play doubles at least till Olympics.
I hope so!

Does anyone know her schedule in North America? Is she even coming here before the Olympics?
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 04:46 PM   #10
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
She is overplaying but the stat is not as scary. She won't be even close to matching Clijsters's 102 singles matches, and that is the number that really matters.

I am not really worried about her potential physical problems. She is strong girl. I am more afraid of a real possibility of a Dokic-like burnout.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 04:55 PM   #11
country flag tenn_ace

she'll play Wimbledon (4 matches at least, I hope), Athens singles (3 matches at least, I hope), US Open (4 matches at least, I hope), so it's right there 11 matches. It's too early to say, but she's close to qualifying for YE Championship (especially that Henin and Clijsters will not play until after the US Open), so it's another 3 matches at least (RR). It makes it 14. That would bring total number of matches to 59. I'd be surprised if she is not chosen to play Argentina FedCup singles as Russian #3 (and Lena D. having troubles with Fartichev) and one of the best on clay. That's another 2 matches.

BTW, Kim is also physically strong.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #12
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Besides Kim's injury, the "less specific" Dokic Disaster may be partly due to ovaplay. And re. too many Doubles Draws, 2 more examples: Meghann Shaughnessy and Katarina Srebotnik.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 05:53 PM   #13
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
BTW, Kim is also physically strong.
So? Kim had that chronic wrist injury for years. Chasing that elusive #1 rankings she was overplaying and the recurrence of that injury was inevitable. At this point Sveta has no chronic injuries. Hopefully she'll never get one.

Besides, the way Kim plays is extreme in terms of movements, all her retrievals and splits are obvious pushing beyond the limits. Danger of injury is written all over that style - so by playing a lot she is simply increasing the probability of that injury. Mind, you she played through Australian Open with ankle injury, not wrist injury.

Sveta plays very economical tennis. She is very good at saving energy, pretty much Kafelnikov-like. And if anything Zhenya was overplaying big time all his career and never ever got any kind of tennis-related injury that would have taken him off Tour for more than a couple of weeks. Yeah, he had a couple of back problems ( which could well be attributed to him playing too much golf rather )..

I tell you, I am not afraid that she could be physically fragile. She is trong like an ox. I am afraid of burnout.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2004, 03:14 AM   #14
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
So? Kim had that chronic wrist injury for years. Chasing that elusive #1 rankings she was overplaying and the recurrence of that injury was inevitable. At this point Sveta has no chronic injuries. Hopefully she'll never get one.
actually Sveta has a problem with thigh every now and then... It hasn't been bad yet to take time off, but what do we know? could we call it recurring?
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 11:35 PM   #15
country flag tenn_ace

is it still too early to talk about Sveta being tired?... I don't know whether it's mental or physical, but she's a lot below her par...

Last edited by tenn_ace : Jul 11th, 2004 at 01:09 AM.
tenn_ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote