Sveta articles - Page 87 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #1291
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sveta articles

Quote:
Qualies: Sveta survives, Lisicki withdraws

In what may be one of the most difficult qualifying draws in recent memory on the WTA, players made their way through the first round at the Apia International Sydney Friday, moving one match closer to the main draw.
Two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, who some thought shouldn’t have to qualify at all (her ranking said otherwise), struggled before overcoming world No.111 Stephanie Foretz-Gacon on Grandstand, winning 6-1, 2-6, 6-2.
Kuznetsova, who saw her ranking drop to No.71 late last year because of injuries, was treated after the second set for a leg issue. She held serve to open the final set, however, and never looked back.

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #1292
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

The only other seed in action was No.7 seed Caroline Wozniacki, who lost a 76(4) 16 62 decision to Svetlana Kuznetsova, a two-time Grand Slam champion and former World No.2 who just recently came back from a six-month knee injury lay-off and had to come through the qualies this week.

"Before the break I was losing to Goerges, I was losing to Wozniacki, every time I was up and had chances and could never close those matches," Kuznetsova said. "Now, after the break, I just feel fresh, I feel happy, I feel balanced on the court. I feel I'm doing the right things when I have to do them.

"I'm definitely far away from where I want to be at, but I like how it looks at the moment."

Wozniacki was asked whether Kuznetsova is playing better than her current ranking of No.85. "For sure - she's a top player and she'll definitely get her ranking up," Wozniacki said. "Svetlana's a good player - she's a great player. She's won big tournaments in the past so she knows what it takes."
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #1293
country flag Bероника

Kuznetsova’s comeback produces promising early returns in Australia

Svetlana Kuznetsova didn’t exactly miss tennis during her six-month layoff last year, when a knee injury ended her season after Wimbledon. After 12 years of nonstop traveling and playing, Kuznetsova said it was a blessing in disguise, the perfect excuse for her to return home to Moscow and, well, just chill.
“I love to do this job, but sometimes it’s too much,” Kuznetsova said after beating Caroline Wozniacki 7-6 (4), 1-6, 6-2 in the second round of the Sydney International on Tuesday. As an example, Kuznetova cited the time she experienced burnout while training in Spain in 2008. “I couldn’t do this any longer,” she said.
Kuznetsova was the last teenager on the WTA Tour to win a major, the 2004 U.S. Open when she was 19. Back then, the brace-faced Russian had no idea what she was getting into. She turned pro in 2000. Success came quickly and suddenly, possibly before she actually understood exactly what it took to not only win Grand Slam tournaments but also stay atop the game. Blessed with natural athleticism that translated into the powerful groundstrokes of a big-hitting baseliner, along with the quickness and agility to cover the court like a counterpuncher, Kuznetsova could do it all.
Often, that was the problem. She has struggled to play with a sense of clarity, to know exactly what she wanted to do and execute. Sometimes having too much talent leads to too many options, which leads to confusion. That’s where Kuznetsova found herself last year, when she had no idea what shot was coming off her racket at any given moment.
Kuznetsova didn’t fall out of love with the game but with the grind of the tour. The hectic schedule, which takes players from continent to continent for 10 months out of the year (plus multiple-week training blocks during the offseason), left the sociable Russian miserable.
“I never feel sick of the game because I love tennis a lot,” she said. “I have been sick from traveling. I have been sick from staying away from home, from my family, from my friends.”
Kuznetsova spent two months on crutches after July knee surgery, followed by weeks of rehabilitation. The 27-year-old feels refreshed after five weeks of prep for the season.
“I feel balanced on the court,” she said. “I feel like I’m doing the right things when I have to do them.”
Kuznetsova was motivated to get back not because she missed the sport, but because she felt she had more tennis in her. With her ranking having plummeted to No. 85, Kuznetsova, a two-time Grand Slam champion and former world No. 2, was in what she described as a “weird” situation of having to play qualifiers to get into Sydney. She won three matches to reach the main draw and defeated Julia Goerges in the first round before upsetting Wozniacki, her biggest win since beating Agnieszka Radwanska at the French Open last year.
“One month, two months, three months, I was like, I think I need to work,” she said. “I need to have a goal. Because like this, I had no goal. I was just relaxing. It was good for me. But I think the most important thing in the life is to have a goal. On the court, off the court, whatever, so your life [is] going somewhere If you stop having goals, your life just freezes in the same position.
“I will have time to stay at home after my career. … My time is not to stop yet.”
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #1294
country flag Bероника

Refreshed Kuznetsova: Not my time to stop yet

SYDNEY – Two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova just returned to the WTA after six months off the tour, and while other Russian elite players of her generation called it quits early, she has not intention of doing so.
Kuznetsova won her first Grand Slam in 2004 at the US Open. The same year, Russian Anastasia Myskina won Rolland Garros, beating another Russian, Elena Dementieva, in the final. In 2009, Kuznetsova won her second major, this time over Dinara Safina, whom all the Russian players knew as the little kid who used to run around the courts while her mother Raisa coached at Moscow’s famous Spartak Club.
All those women are now back in Moscow, and none of them are playing anymore. Myskina is a mother of two and a TV host who retired prematurely due to a foot injury. Dementieva retired at the end of 2011 and is married to a hockey player and has plans to start a family. In 2011, former No. 1 Safina suffered what might end up being a career-ending back injury, and she has not indicated when and if she will ever return.
But the 27-year-old Kuznetsova, who might be the most introspective of all of them and has questioned what she chose playing tennis as a career on more than one occasion, has returned to the courts with a great amount of enthusiasm. She didn’t badly miss tennis during her time off, but she was ready to compete again.
“I felt like I have so much under me more to do in tennis,” she said after taking down Caroline Wozniacki in three stets at the Apia Sydney International. “I will have time to stay at home after my career. I just need time break. I feel like I love the game and I have no reasons to stop. I had the break. I love to work. I love to sweat on the court. I like to put everything to get over myself day by day when you’re in the heat where you’re struggling. I didn’t want to stop anyway. Myskina stop because of the baby or whatever. Dementieva stopped because she decided to stop. My time is a not to stop yet.”
Kuznetsova has always been a very an out front person, whether she was playing extremely well or badly. That is not to say that she always understood why she was feeling a certain way, or knew how to get out of tough spots.
Back in the summer of 2005, a year after she won the US Open, she fell into a terrible slump. She could not keep the ball in the court and was frequently becoming overwhelmed with nerves. She was carefree and lethal the year prior, but now she was known player, a competitor who was supposed to consistently win big matches, someone who was being talked about as a potential multiple Grand Slam winner. And she was downright miserable.
Sometime during the middle of the now defunct Los Angeles tournament, I had covered a late night session, drove back to the hotel, turned into the underground garage and was hit by waves of pop music coming out of a van. Two young women were partying it up, dancing around the vehicle with the windows and doors wide open. Sitting across from them on the floor of the garage with her back against pillar was Kuznetsova, looking very sad.
I parked, walked back to toward the exit, and one of the other women pulled me over to dance. Knowing “Sveta” was sitting there and figuring it was friend of hers, I did so, if only for a few seconds.
Then the reigning US Open champ motioned me over and told me of her emotional ills, which she said were numerous, but they were ones common to young successful people having an early 20s existential crisis. I did not want to patronize her, so I mostly listened, told her that most people have their ups and downs and that as long as she was actively thinking about why she was feeling a certain way and trying to come to solutions, that there would be better days.
And there were, many of them. She never became a dominant player, but continued be very good one, although she remained an enigma. On a great days, she was threat to every elite player, including the Williams sisters, Maria Sharapova and the Belgians, even though her record against all of them was not exactly stellar.
She was fast and powerful enough to take it to all comers when she was in a great frame of mind, which she admits was not every day, much less week. She’s the only player in recent memory to upend Serena Williams in the second week of a Slam when the now 15-times Grand Slam champion was up a break in the third set, when she outlasted her at 2009 Roland Garros. That was a hell of victory and it was capped off by her second major title, which in my mind makes her a lock for the International Hall of Fame after she retires.
But in the past three years, Kuznetsova grew tired of the grind, and it seemed to get worse and worse. But she didn’t lose her adoration for the sport, which is why she’s still here.
“When you play over and over every year the same tournament, the same players, it’s quite difficult, “ she said. “I never feel sick of the game because I love tennis a lot. I have been sick from travel and sick from staying away from home, from my family, from my friends. But I never hated tennis. I love tennis and I enjoy tennis. [But] I have not been missing it at all. Now I’m back, I feel fresh, and I feel like I want to play. But I been watching matches, and I didn’t really feel like I wanted to be out there. I needed very good rest. When I was one months, two months, three months, I was like, ‘Oh, I think I need to work. I need to have a goal. Like this I had no goal.’ I was just relax edand it was good for me, but I think the most important thing in the life is to have a goal off the court, on the court, so your life be going somewhere. If you stop having goal, your life just freezes in the same position.
So what is her goal now? Whether she wins the title in Sydney or not she will enter the Australian Open unseeded. She qualified for Sydney and has already played five matches and is wearing a big wrap around her left thigh.
Is Kuznetsova actually capable of going into the tournament unseeded and going deep? Possibly, but it’s not probable.
What she is capable of doing if she as fresh and eager as she says she is becoming an elite player again at some point later in the year. And that will be a very good thing for the sport, because she’s beloved in the locker room and even though she’s more than a decade into her career, she’s breath of fresh air for the sport.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #1295
country flag Bероника

January 8, 2013

Svetlana Kuznetsova

SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES

S. KUZNETSOVA/C. Wozniacki
7‑6, 1‑6, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. A lot of tough matches in Australia. Is that one the toughest because of the heat?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: When?

Q. Today. How does that compare with some of the very hot matches you've played in Australia in the past?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Oh, I don't know. It's been long time since I played matches anyway. I played some hot matches when they stopped my match with Serena one year; then I played 4 hours 44 against Schiavone. So just very hard to compare.
It's just different day, different battle, and you just go out there and do your best. It was just interesting. I think it shows you one more time how the tennis is right now, how players have to be fit to be able to play in the hot conditions, in the wind conditions, in anything.
We're like iron woman almost.

Q. From where you are though it must be very satisfying winning, because you battled the last few months?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I mean, it's not only where I am, like I didn't play for six months. Still, I been lose to go Goerges, I been losing to Wozniacki, all these matches to Caroline. I was like every time I was up I had chances and I never could close that matches.
And now after the break, I don't know, I just feel fresh, I feel happy, and I feel balance on the court. I feel like I'm doing the right things when I have to do them.
Definitely I'm far away from conditions I want to be at, but I like how it looks like at the moment.

Q. When you had your knee injury, did you have surgery?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I didn't have surgery. I just let it go. I was two months with the crutches, how you call them, with the sticks. So then it took me quite a while to have a rehab of the muscles because the muscles, they went smaller.
But, still, I mean, it was hard times, but then it was some good times off the court because I didn't stop for ten years. I was playing every time all the Grand Slams.
Somehow I needed that break. I knew it will be very hard to come back, and it still will be. But I been working hard. I didn't have a lot of time also to prepare this season. I heard some American girls did pre‑season of ten weeks, I'm not sure, but very, very long. I had only five weeks to prepare.
I've done my best. The thing is, I'm positive and happy. And this is it, what's important for me.

Q. So you only had five weeks because that's when your knee was okay to start practicing?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I didn't want to rush it, you know, because after Wimbledon I had this problem. I had to really take it slow to let it grow, and then I had to start slowly to rehab all the muscle and then to start move a little bit.
It's like barely like ‑‑ I didn't walk for two months, so then you have to run. First matches I've played here, I was like... It was a little bit confusing to me how to run to the ball when it goes really far because it's really different. It's makes difficult because I've never been injured.
You face some difficult times, but it's good experience if you can go through them.

Q. When is the last time you felt this mentally fresh? Before you started playing pro tour?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: (Laughter.) I don't know. I guess when I was younger and much more motivated and the tour looked to me very new and very exciting.
When you play over and over every year the same tournament, the same players, it's quite difficult. You know, if season breaks would be a little bit longer it would be much better for me on this point of view.
But still, you know, this is a game. This is what we face. You know, I'm just happy to be where I am right now.

Q. A lot players when they go out for months they will say, Oh, I didn't know how much I miss tennis. Sometimes it sounds like a cliche, but did that happen to you at some point in the last six months, that you thought there were times you were bored with the game and you hated it and now you feel like you really want to be back on court?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: You ask me because I'm going to give you an honest answer.

Q. Yes.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I know this. I can see it. I never will do anything else than give a fair answer.
I never feel sick of the game because I love tennis a lot. I have been sick from traveling. I'm like the judge now talking to you guys. I have been sick from travel and sick from staying away from home, from my family, from my friends.
But I never hated tennis. I love tennis and I enjoy tennis. I have not been missing it at all. Now I'm back, I feel fresh, and I feel like I want to play.
But I been watching matches, and I didn't really feel like I wanted to be out there.

Q. So then how did you get back onto the practice court if you didn't miss it? Did you just say, This is my job?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: What's it been, four months I been off?

Q. Yeah.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: First weeks was amazing. I was like, Really? I don't have to wake up tomorrow to go to the tennis court? I love to go, I love to do this job, but sometimes it just comes over. It's too much.
Like when I've been training in Spain, it just became time that I could not do this any longer. I wanted to go home and be at home.
This was the same. I needed very good rest. When I was one months, two months, three months, I was like, Oh, I think I need to work. I need to work. I need to have a goal. Like this I had no goal. I was just relax and it was good for me, but I think the most important thing in the life is to have a goal off the court, on the court, whatever, so your life be going somewhere. If you stop having goal, your life just freezes in the same position.
So it took me time to realize that I really love tennis. I mean, I did know that I love tennis, but to feel like I really wanted to play and work. I take it really slowly, not pushing myself, not just going, You have to.
No, I just take to slow. I had one hour practice a day, and then second week a little bit more. Just really starting slowly. I felt good.

Q. So it was more the grind of the tour that was the thing you had enough of?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, just traveling every week playing matches and things not going your way and this and that, it's just too much. When you do it over ten years, it's a lot. I think it was good time for me for this injury to come.
I took it as it was. I could be disappointed and very negative, but it's a situation with me and I just take it as it is.

Q. Do you feel like this match was a turning point again to beat a top‑10 player again? Do you feel like you could get some momentum from here going into Melbourne?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Lately I just don't think about it when it's turning point and when it's not. I'm here. I'm doing the best I can. That's it. That's over here. Tomorrow is another day.
I'm doing better. I'm happy to be here, and this is the most important for me.

Q. What's your goal? You were just talking about you have to have goals in life.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, to improve every day, to find my game. As I say, it looks to me fine now. I'm looking to improve day by day, but I don't put myself goals like in numbers or whatever.
Definitely I want to be in the top. This is what I'm here for. But I don't want to put so much pressure because I don't like it. I just want to play and enjoy the game and build my game every day better and better.
With my game I can achieve anything.

Q. When you're at home in Moscow and Myskina has been retired, Dementieva is retired, obviously you know Dinara well and it looks like she might not come back, were you thinking at some time, Oh, I kind of like their lives; maybe I'll just stay home; I don't have to keep playing anymore?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I felt like I have so much under me more to do in tennis. I have so much‑‑ why do I stay at home? I will have time to stay at home after my career.
I just need time break. I feel like I love the game and I have no reasons to stop. I had the break. I love to work. I love to sweat on the court. I like to put everything to get over myself day by day when you're like in the heat where you're struggling, whatever. Just become stronger and stronger.
I didn't want to stop anyway. Myskina Myskina stop because of the baby or whatever. Dementieva stopped because she decided to stop. It takes time. My time is a not to stop yet. (Smiling.)

Q. You're a two‑time Grand Slam champion. Did you want a wildcard into here? You had to play qualifying. Did you ask for a wildcard?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I did ask, and I'm okay to play quallies. I think this worked for me. I mean, I think the most important thing in the life is to stay grounded. Doesn't matter. I had to play qually. It was weird. I tell you it was very weird to go and play quallies, but, you know, it just makes you stronger if you pass yourself.
Yeah, definitely was a little bit uncomfortable, but it made me stronger. I passed the quallies, I passed two rounds. It worked for me these three matches.
Even I've been playing the girls who should've win, but you never know you go from injury. I had to play three sets. Out of five days I had four three‑setter match, so just got me better.
This is what I really was looking for in Sydney, to get matches.

Q. What was happening in the second set today? Obviously you won the first set. In the second were you struggling with the heat before the break?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I mean, it was very intense first set. I should have close it much earlier in the tiebreaker. I was up. I'm not sure what the score was, maybe 4‑1 or whatever.
In the second set like in the start it didn't to few well and Caroline started to play much better. I think she decided that she had nothing to lose already.
Yeah, it was very hot out there.

Q. So was it getting cool again in the break that helped you? Was it a mental break?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I understood that I just had to stay there second set and then the break would save me, help me out. I went to locker room and I just sit down there. I wanted to sit in the cool room for a little bit. They give me ice towels. They help me, like to Caroline as well and just took me time and I came and felt much better out there.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1296
country flag Bероника

Светлана Кузнецова:
"Федерер заметил мое возвращение"

27-летняя Светлана Кузнецова, недавно вернувшаяся в теннис после полугодового отсутствия, в одиннадцатый раз в карьере пробилась во второй круг Australian Open, переиграв ровно за час испанку Лурдес Домингес Лино - 6:2, 6:1.

Владас ЛАСИЦКАС
из Мельбурна

- Наверное, не стоит просить дать какую-то оценку матчу, в котором соперница смогла взять лишь три гейма?
- Главное, что я чувствую себя свежей и рада вернуться в Мельбурн. Мне кажется, сейчас я двигаюсь в правильном направлении. Понятно, что невозможно показать свой лучший теннис уже в стартовом матче турнира "Большого шлема", но на данном этапе это и не нужно. Важно пройти в следующий круг и постараться в итоге найти свою игру. На мой взгляд, в этом плане мне очень помог турнир в Сиднее. Встречи, сыгранные там как в квалификации, так и в основе, позволили вновь почувствовать мяч, корт.
- Но ваша следующая соперница точно не подарок - "посеянная" под 26-м номером Си Сувей из Тайваня.
- Я примерно помню, что она играет непредсказуемо. Так что Си Сувей действительно стоит опасаться. В общем, настраиваюсь на сложный поединок.
- Что вы почувствовали, приехав на большой турнир после полугодового отсутствия?
- Всегда, когда приезжаешь на подобные крупные соревнования, ты понимаешь, что сейчас увидишь всех друзей, знакомых и будет достаточно весело. Так что это приятные ощущения. Не могу сказать, что так уж сильно соскучилась по чемпионатам "Большого шлема", но быть здесь вновь и правда приятно.
- Кто больше всего обрадовался вашему возвращению?
- Ой, не знаю даже. Все нормально меня встретили. Даже Федерер сказал: "О, ты вернулась!" Я, если честно, и не думала, что все заметят мое отсутствие. Ведь я, по сути, пропустила только американскую серию, US Open и турниры в конце года. Не так уж и много.
- Во всех интервью вы говорите сейчас, что стараетесь не давить на себя в психологическом плане. Это помогает на корте?
- В последние два года я слишком на себя давила. А сейчас перестала. Как так вышло? Было время подумать и проанализировать все то, что происходило раньше. А вообще эти полгода вне корта я провела замечательно. Не в том плане, что ходила на тусовки и вечеринки. Просто я осталась сама с собой наедине. Делала какие-то вещи, не связанные с теннисом. Это очень помогло. Я посмотрела на жизнь по-другому.
- Чем еще обновленная Кузнецова отличается от прежней?
- Я радуюсь жизни. И мне вновь нравится быть на корте и играть. Я наслаждаюсь тем, что делаю.
- Говорят, что во время вашего матча с датчанкой Каролин Возняцки в Сиднее температура у поверхности корта была плюс 49 градусов. Как вы это выдержали и выиграли встречу?
- Первый сет я действовала здорово. А во втором подустала и поняла: теперь главное - дождаться десятиминутного перерыва, положенного при такой жаре. Дождалась, села и попросила, чтобы меня никто не трогал хотя бы пять минут. А потом уже вышла на корт с новыми силами и играла на каком-то втором или третьем дыхании (улыбается). Я уже тогда чувствовала, что за несколько матчей, проведенных в Сиднее, значительно прибавила в игре.
- Вы сказали, что больше не давите на себя. Но цели ведь все равно какие-то ставите.
- Планы в теннисе можно строить какие угодно. Но мне кажется, дело все-таки не в этом. Если я буду прогрессировать в игре, тогда и может прийти необходимый результат. А иначе, хоть обмечтайся - ничего не получится.
- И последнее: почему вы решили сделать теперь вашей резиденцией Дубай?
- На самом деле я редко бывала в Монте-Карло, где раньше располагалась моя резиденция. А в Дубае много россиян, всего пять часов лета от Москвы, да и часовой пояс один и тот же. К тому же мне там нравится. Душа, что ли, лежит к этому месту.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM   #1297
country flag Bероника

Q. When you first got back from your injury, could you imagine you'd be in a quarterfinal of a Grand Slam?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, if you would ask me before coming to Australia I would say I would laugh, definitely, but I wouldn't be so sure about it.
I think tournament of Sydney helped me a lot because I had few matches. I have been working hard, but still I didn't have much time to do what I like to do with my fit necessary condition and everything else.

Q. But a satisfying win anyway; a quarterfinal.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, it's amazing. It's my best result. I have been two times to quarterfinals, so I'm just kind of replaying that.
It's very good result for first tournament, for first Grand Slam, and especially I don't remember when I was in quarters.

Q. How did it feel to be in the third set of a big Grand Slam quarterfinal again? I know your toes looked a little sore, but hitting the ball well, feeling good, competing?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I was very happy with the first set, so happy that I stopped to do anything. Third set we were equal. I gave my advantage to her, so we were like even she had a little bit advantage because she took the second set.
And third set I just had to fight every ball as I could, try to still dictate, try to do the things what I was doing well.

Q. You talked about last year having time off. That was good for you for your mindset. Why did you never take time off in your career before?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I think it's a great question, because I was thinking about it, you know. But it was my injury. I maybe wouldn't maybe have maybe balls to take it, you know, because it's quite big decision to do that.
Because you never know how you're gonna recover, if you're going to lose matches, if you not. Here I think it was time to just stop. My body was not able to hold anymore, and mentally I was not there, as well.
So I was thinking before, but I never could definitely decide that.

Q. The time violation that you got after the second set, did you realize how close you were getting to the time?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, it was weird. I know this new rule about time. It's weird, because I'm just turning to the guy, and he says, I called time. I'm like, Oh, yeah? Really? So I just had a sip of water. Then I was just closing the bottle and I was putting it down, and he said, Go. Time. So I had the warning.
I was like, Why did you warn me if you still were giving me time code violation? I didn't understand why it happened, because if you say, Oh, I just called time, so give me at least five seconds to move because I had to put bottle back. I couldn't throw it out.
So, yeah, it's a bit weird.

Q. Obviously didn't upset you, though.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I think I'm mature enough to let these things go. I was surprised, but I didn't even remember now about this happening there.
And especially I was after the break, so I had to do some things which I had to do, water and this. I didn't have time when I was changing.

Q. Did you have to tell yourself to go for your shots down 4 3? There were the two break points there. Did you have to say, I have the courage to do this or did it just come back naturally?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think that important moments I had to do what I do the best, and I have done it. I don't really remember what exactly happened in these points, you know.
I'm just going one ball at a time, and whatever point score is, you know, you're just trying to do the best. And it was very hard because I was serving with the sun. The sun side was horrible to serve today's match.

Q. I noticed your tattoo on your arm. When did you get that?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I have many tattoos. I don't remember this one when I got. Maybe one year ago or whatever. I don't sign a diary about these things. I just feel wherever it comes.

Q. It was pretty specific about pain.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, everybody has specific things in their mind. Some people do tattoos; some don't. I think about tattoos, you have the story of your own tattoos. You can read it, you can think one thing, and I've been doing this for some other reasons.
But tattoo is something history of your life, and I believe in it.

Q. After your knee though?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, it was before. I was looking forward to it already.

Q. Was there any points after you had the injury last year that you thought you might call it a day and decide to end your tennis career, or did you always think you're going to come back?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Never had a thought of stopping tennis. I was just laying in bed, and I was like, thanks my knee. At least I can rest, you know.
When the knee was sore I was so annoying to walk with the crutches all day long. I went to Thailand, I went to Bali, on the beach with crutches, all day long, and I had blisters on my hands.
This was the most annoying thing, and then recovery. But anyway, I had time home and just refresh my mind, and then I just understood that I want to play this game.
I mean, I always loved it, but I wanted to have this desire to bring me back; this is what happened.

Q. The last time you played Victoria was your knee so bad that you really couldn't compete? Indian Wells last year.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I played Madrid. You see, I'm something better than you.

Q. Yes, you are. (Laughter.) So the last two times, just talk about playing Victoria then.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: The time I played in Indian Wells was totally disaster. I got my ass kicked very badly. I worked a little bit more, and Madrid I think we played three setter.
But, I mean, she's tough; she's No. 1; I have nothing to lose; she has all the pressure.
I know I got the game to give her some problems, and I will just do my best and just try to enjoy it.

Q. What do you think about Caroline's game today?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think she improve from second set. She changed some things and I was not up to it. That's why she won second set.
In third set, I start to realize, and I didn't want to lose the third set, as well. I mean, it was very tight match, tight third set, and I was aggressive. That's I think why I won.

Q. You have a new clothing deal; is that right?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah.

Q. When did that happen?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Here.

Q. Here?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Night before this tournament. (Smiling.)

Q. Just talk about how that came about.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I had offer, and I appreciate Fila. I have been with Fila for 10 years or more. They did the best for me. I appreciate everything they done.
But it's time for me to do a new thing, and that's why sign me deal. And pretty happy looking forward to have a good relationship with the new company, Chinese company.
I like so much the quality of the clothes. I like the design a lot.

Q. You mentioned earlier doing what you do best. What is it that you think that you do best on the tennis court?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: How to throw the ball up, to go for the shot. (Laughter.)
No, I can't tell you what exactly I do well. I play good forehand; serve well. To be aggressive, this is my main key.
But I keep some secrets for me, not everything for you. (Smiling.)

Q. Did you notice anything specific that Azarenka was doing last year that was different in the years prior when you were beating her fairly consistently?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think she just got calmer. She's consistent. She works differently. She has different goals, I guess.
Yeah, I guess she's just consistent overall. She improve definitely in many shots.
But I think it was her head was letting her down all the time before. Some moments she always would go crazy in the match. You would always know.
She changed and just became so stable, and, yeah, good hitter.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1298
country flag Сабина
Давай Света

Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all

just wonderful to read things like that:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Сабина is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:35 AM   #1299
country flag Bероника

a bit concerning about the knee...

Quote:
Q. What do you think was the key to the first set? Was there a specific point?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, today was a match, you know, I had to play with a top player, one of the best players at the moment. These matches, you got to play very consistent. This is what for the moment kills me after my break, is my consistency. And I didn't serve well.
So this was two key points, I think, during the match what I didn't do well. That's why I lost the match.

Q. You're doing a lot of sliding around out there, a lot of running. How does the knee feel?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, actually it was very good except first game of the second set. I was really scared because I almost broke it again the same way I did it. They say on the replay it look like my ankle, but my knee went backward, the same way, exactly. Was like millimeters, very close, so I break it again the same way I did.
So I was really scared that moment. I was a little bit freaking out because I didn't want to have another time off.

Q. But it felt fine after?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: So far it's all right because the time I broke it was straightaway I could not walk.
Today it was scary. I was very close. And, yeah, it was a bit frustrating for me.

Q. What part of the match was it?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: First game of the second set, my serve, when I landed.

Q. Do you feel far from your best level, or...
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I feel like I have game. You know, I can play. But I feel I need to improve my fitness, to improve my consistency, the serve.
There is things I have to improve, yeah, which is quite hard where I can be at.

Q. Overall are you happy with the performance in the tournament so far?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I mean, if you win in first set 4 1 and you lose, it's disappointed. But overall I'm doing good. After a long break, not so long time to preparation, I did quite well I think.

Q. For the whole Australian Open, are you happy progressing to the quarterfinal stage?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I played lot of matches in last week, in Sydney well, two weeks already ago. But then I played here quite good matches. That's all I needed.
You know, now it's time to work consistency, to play every point. Because the top players, you have very small chances to win the match, letting down some points very easy.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #1300
country flag Bероника

Светлана Кузнецова:
"Я была близка к рецидиву травмы колена"

27-летняя россиянка в третий раз в карьере оступилась в Мельбурне на четвертьфинальной стадии

Владас ЛАСИЦКАС
из Мельбурна

- В матче с Азаренко вы очень часто использовали резаные удары. Такой была изначальная задумка или импровизировали уже по ходу встречи? - вопрос Светлане Кузнецовой после поражения в четвертьфинале за 1 час 47 минут с лидером мирового рейтинга белоруской Викторией Азаренко - 5:7, 1:6.
- На самом деле так просто получилось (улыбается). Я пыталась разнообразить стиль своей игры, понимая, что, если буду действовать одинаково, для Вики это будет слишком удобно. Мне кажется, что в первом сете я доставила ей достаточное количество проблем: играла грамотно, красиво и даже эффектно. Все-таки мне противостояла одна из лучших на данный момент теннисисток мира, а в подобных матчах нельзя ни на минуту терять концентрацию. После того, как я повела с брейком в первом сете, мне как раз не хватило последовательности в действиях. К тому же сегодня я не лучшим образом подавала. Думаю, эти два момента и стали ключевыми. Так что буду над всем перечисленным работать.
- Четвертый гейм матча, длившийся 15 минут и завершившийся вашим брейком, придал определенной психологической уверенности?
- Я, если честно, старалась играть каждый мяч и не думала о счете. Конечно, когда мы провели пять или шесть розыгрышей, я посмотрела на табло и поняла, что мы по-прежнему играем один и тот же гейм (улыбается). Но мне не хотелось на этом зацикливаться. Конечно, успех в этом гейме психологически немного помог. Но с другой стороны, когда у тебя есть шансы, ими надо пользоваться. Ведь если ты не реализуешь свои возможности в матчах с топ-игроками, то в конце встречи тебе будет очень сложно рассчитывать на что-то позитивное.
- И все-таки что тогда произошло при счете 4:1 в вашу пользу? Это Вика заиграла лучше или вы немного хуже?
- Не было такого, чтобы Азаренко вдруг взяла и резко переключилась на пятую скорость. Поэтому сложно сказать, что в тот момент она делала что-то сверхъестественное. Мне кажется, сегодня я сама допустила слишком много ошибок и не реализовала свои шансы.
- На второй сет сил у вас уже просто не осталось?
- Сначала меня шокировала ситуация с моим коленом. Уже в первом гейме при счете 0:30 я неудачно приземлилась после подачи и была близка к рецидиву травмы. Какое-то время я даже не знала, как реагировать на все произошедшее. Вроде бы травма уже позади, я сыграла вначале сезона достаточно много матчей, и тут едва опять не получила такое же повреждение. Если бы в том эпизоде колено еще чуть-чуть ушло назад, это был бы конец. Я просто представила себе подобный исход, и мне стало очень страшно. А далее по ходу матча у меня, конечно же, еще были определенные шансы, но Вика, вытащив первый сет, понимала, что ни в коем случае не должна допускать подобного во второй партии. Так что инициатива была уже больше в ее руках.
- После того эпизода колено вас больше не беспокоило?
- Вроде бы все нормально, ведь в прошлом году, когда получила травму, я вообще не могла ходить. Однако в начале второго сета мне действительно было очень страшно.
- Многие считают, что Азаренко сейчас играет в менее атакующем стиле, чем прежде. Вы это почувствовали?
- Сегодня я больше защищалась, чем атаковала, и лишь по ходу розыгрышей постепенно переходила в контратаку. Могу сказать одно: защищаться всегда сложнее, потому что бегаешь в два раза больше, чем оппонент (улыбается).
- Но в целом этот турнир наверняка оставил у вас позитивные эмоции?
- Конечно, когда ты проигрываешь, ведя в сете со счетом 4:1, - это не очень хорошо (улыбается). Но если говорить в общем, то у меня есть игра - и это главное. После паузы, связанной с травмой, я достаточно неплохо провела начало сезона. Сыграла много матчей на турнире в Сиднее, но потом и в Мельбурне смогла показать хороший теннис. А именно это мне сейчас и нужно. В любом случае мне еще предстоит много работы над физической готовностью, стабильностью и подачей.
- Впереди у сборной России домашний февральский матч Кубка федерации с Японией. Вас на этот раз не приглашали в команду или вы сами не хотите принимать участие в этой встрече?
- Не хочу. Матч Кубка федерации пройдет 9 и 10 февраля, а уже на следующий день стартует турнир в Дохе, где мне, скорее всего, придется играть квалификацию. Если бы я выступила в выходные в Москве, а потом полетела в Доху и буквально сразу вышла на корт - ничего хорошего из всего этого не получилось бы. Сейчас моя главная цель - подняться повыше в одиночном рейтинге, чтобы напрямую попадать в основные сетки различных турниров.
Владас ЛАСИЦКАС
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1301
country flag Bероника

Светлана Кузнецова: «Неравный брак» – сериал для бабушек. А я ни одну серию не пропустила»

– Света, вам с журналистами о чем интереснее разговаривать? О теннисе или о какой-то другой стороне жизни?
– О другой стороне, конечно. Банальное «как ты себя чувствуешь, как прошел матч», – на эти вопросы ни один теннисист никогда по правде не ответит. Как плохо было или что он будет делать дальше. Никто никогда. Любое интервью посмотришь, все отвечают очень банально, мне не нравится такой примитивный подход.
– У меня ощущение, что мы на Australian Open увидели какую-то другую теннисистку Кузневову – не ту, что мы знали раньше.
– Вчера один мой знакомый – он к теннису никакого отношения не имеет – сказал, что я какая-то другая стала. Это реально так. Но я сама пока точно ответить не могу почему. Как-то все переменилось в моей жизни за этот перерыв с травмой колена. Я стала по-другому смотреть на многие вещи, мне стало комфортнее внутри себя. Гармония какая-то появилась с самой собой. Я побыла дома, переоценила некоторые вещи, с другой стороны на них посмотрела. И стала больше получать удовольствие от жизни.
– Это может прозвучать странно, но, кажется, это полугодовалый перерыв пошел вам на пользу. Не случись этой травмы, ничего бы этого не было.
– Это правда. Сейчас я чувствую себя на корте комфортно, хотя мне и не удалось полностью подготовиться так, как хотелось – просто времени не хватило. Я снова начала делать те теннисные комбинации, которые делала раньше, когда играла хорошо. Колено меня до сих пор беспокоит чуть-чуть, но с психологической точки зрения все у меня стало лучше.
– В одном из ваших интервью вы сказали, что человек не может полноценно жить без цели. Как только она появляется, все сразу приходит в относительную норму. Получается, у вас просто появилась цель?
– Я не могу сказать, что раньше ее не было. Я всегда хотела играть и выигрывать. Просто иногда раньше было слишком много давления, иногда – скованности. Я не могу сказать, что сейчас у меня появилась какая-то новая конкретная цель, абсолютно нет: я не ставила себе задачу – буду делать вот это и точка. Сейчас я стараюсь на себя не давить.
– Вы сами удивились тому, какой теннис удалось показать на Australian Open?
– Я не могу сказать, что я себя удивила. Я просто вошла в сезон, сыграла много матчей и реально наслаждалась своей игрой на корте. Я всегда от себя ожидаю довольно многого. И, кстати, может, от этого себя и передавливаю. Но тем не менее, я уверена, что могу играть еще лучше.
– Чем вы занимались полгода, что лечили колено? Что помогло вам отвлечься?
– Ой, я очень мало смотрела теннис, только некоторые матчи. Я люблю теннис, это игра, которую я понимаю. Но мне не хотелось быть на месте других девочек в тот момент. Я прямо ловила себя на этой мысли, что мне хорошо дома, с моей собакой. Я могла сходить с друзьями куда-то покушать, в кино. Сказать, что я делала что-то особенное, совсем не могу. Разве что я стала больше думать о жизни после тенниса. Это совсем не значит, что я собираюсь заканчивать, а значит, что я понимаю, что теннисная жизнь не навсегда.
– Сейчас мне придется спросить у вас о том, что же вы надумали.
– Мне кажется, это будет самый сложный переход в моей жизни. Мое колено оказалось в тяжелом положении, я не знала, буду я играть или не буду. Я, конечно, предполагала, что восстановлюсь, но не могла быть уверена на сто процентов. И начала думать о том, что будет дальше, что я буду делать. Все говорят, что подготовить себя к жизни после тенниса очень сложно, и я это осознаю. Знаю, какие ошибки люди совершают. Но это ведь не мои ошибки. Надо какую-то базу создать, может, какой-то маленький бизнес, посмотреть, что я могу в теннисе дальше делать. Нужна какая-то система.
– У вас в голове есть пример, который вам кажется правильным? Может, Марата Сафина, который пошел в политику? Или Динары, которая пошла учиться, увлеклась кулинарией?
– У каждого свои страсти. Я в политику точно не пойду. По крайней мере, я так не думаю. Готовить, дома сидеть мне сложновато. Динарка учится, она молодец. Но я вряд ли буду еще получать образование. А делать что-то для тенниса, помогать его развитию, отстраивать какие-то клубы, академии – это с удовольствием. Нужны какие-то доходы еще и финансовые, так что другие проекты тоже смотреть надо.
– Как вам в голову пришла идея завести собаку? Вы же все время в разъездах.
– Это уже моя вторая попытка. Первая была, когда я жила с мамой в Барселоне. Я принесла щенка домой, и мама сказала: ну что, ухаживай за ним. У меня, конечно, на это времени не было абсолютно. Сейчас у меня есть друзья, домработница, которая может погулять с собакой, дрессировщик. Но с собакой я стараюсь проводить очень много времени, потому что я знаю, это ему важно. И у меня на сердце теплее становится. Вот я сейчас уехала в Австралию, приехала, гуляю с собакой и думаю: неужели у меня есть собака? В Австралии я была месяц, но по ощущениям прошло какое-то огромное количество времени. У меня иногда подружки, которые родили рано, говорят: «Ой, мы не верим, что у нас есть ребенок». Вот я так же, хотя я и не родила еще, думаю: ой, моя собака.

– Откуда у собаки такое имя – Дольче?
– Я просто очень люблю Dolce & Gabbana. (Смеется.)
– Вы как-то сказали, что, если бы про вас снимали кино, вам бы хотелость видеть в главной роли Блэйк Лайвли из сериала «Сплетница». Вы любите сериалы?
– Да, очень. Я все смотрю. Надо мной смеются мои друзья: как ты такую чепуху смотришь? Но мне все равно. Сейчас идет сто пятьдесят серий «Неравного брака», это сериал, который смотрят бабушки. А мне все равно, я ни одну серию не пропустила, уже шестьдесят три посмотрела. И мне не стыдно говорить об этом. Gossip Girl – «Сплетница» – мне тоже очень нравится. Я предпочитаю сериалы на английском смотреть.
– Судя по всему, мне жутко повезло застать вас в Москве. Какие у вас сейчас планы? Будете играть на Кубке Федерации?
– Я уже в середине следующей недели улетаю на турнир в Доху. Должна буду играть квалификацию: по своему рейтингу напрямую пока туда не попадаю, уайлд-кард мне не захотели давать. Кубок Федерации не могу физически сыграть, мне надо сейчас поднимать свой личный рейтинг. В Москве я, потому что мне нравится тут быть. Если у меня есть неделя-две, я всегда приеду в Москву. Таскаться по заграницам тоже надоедает.
– Где ваш дом находится?
– В России.
– В Москве или Петербурге?
– Я разрываюсь между ними. На данный момент у меня квартира в Москве, я больше времени нахожусь здесь. Но своим родным городом я всегда буду считать Питер, потому что там я родилась.
– Сложилось впечатление, что вы переживаете за теннис в России. Дорогие корты, детям приходится уезжать.
– Это очень большая проблема. Мне кажется, нужно пытаться строить более доступные корты, должно быть больше тренеров. Все уходят тренировать на коммерческой основе, и с этим тяжело что-то сделать. Наверное, должен появиться большой спонсор, который проспонсировал бы огромную академию, чтобы у детей было большое возможностей играть и тренироваться.
– Вам, двукратной победительнице турниров «Большого шлема» свободный корт в Москве тоже не так-то просто найти?
– Мне как раз очень повезло. Этот корт на улице Коштоянца для меня постелили мои друзья. Я тут тренируюсь по пять часов. Я одна из немногих теннисистов, у которых в Москве есть корт. Десять минут от моего дома, тут есть тренажерный зал и бассейн – мне очень удобно.
– Серена Уильямс называла вас лучшей подругой в женском туре. Вы продолжаете общаться?
– Я не могу сказать, что мы лучшие подруги, но мы можем пойти поужинать, пообщаться. Мы не можем быть подругами из-за соперничества на корте. Когда я хорошо играю, она для меня одна из основых соперниц. И это чувствуется. Но общаемся мы хорошо, друг друга уважаем. Среди девчонок, кто в десятке, в двалцатке, я с большинством в очень хороших отношениях.
– Несмотря на то что Азаренко выиграла Австралию, кого вы считаю своей главной соперницей сейчас? Серену?
– Серена эффектнее, крепче всех, но Вика своими результатами доказывает, что очень сильна. Если она выиграла Australian Open, значит, на данный момент именно она сильнее других девочек.
– Многие ругают женский теннис. Якобы он не такой интересный, как мужской.
– Женский теннис стал гораздо интереснее, хотя все говорили, что нет лидера. Да и хорошо, что нет кого-то одного. Зато есть Маша, Вика, Серена. Я очень люблю смотреть за их игрой. И обожаю поединки Надаля и Федерера.
– Пародии и проделки Новака Джоковича вам нравятся?
– Да, я всегда смеюсь над его шутками. Когда он на Австралии вышел в костюме доктора и начал изображать медицинский тайм-аут, это же очень забавно. Но у меня на такие штуки не хватит, наверное, смелости или юмора. Все же разные. Вот он может себе такое позволить. Людям нравится, почему нет? Надо как можно больше улыбок приносить в нашу жизнь.
– Я буквально на днях общалась с Катей Макаровой, которая в этом году тоже до четвертьфинала Australian Open дошла. Ей кажется, что ничего не может сравниться с олимпийской медалью. Вы выигрывали US Open и «Ролан Гаррос», вам уже никому ничего не надо доказывать. Тяжело искать мотивацию выходить на корт и выкладываться на тренировках?
– Я доказала прежде всего самой себе, чего я стою. Но в теннисе мне еще очень многого можно добиться. Самое сложное для меня в теннисе – это переезды, это быть вдалеке от дома. Когда я пойму, что все, хватит, я устала, то я уйду. Но не сейчас.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1302
country flag Bероника

Svetlana Kuznetsova sails through first round of qualifiers

Dubai: Former two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova eased into the second round of qualifying at the 2013 Dubai Duty Free Women’s Open at the Dubai Tennis Stadium on Saturday.
Kuznetsova, who did well to oust France’s Marion Bartoli in the first round but succumbed to Australian Samantha Stosur in the second 4-6, 5-7 at the ongoing Qatar Open in Doha, was in supreme form as she sailed past reserve entrant Marta Domachowska. The Pole had taken the place of top seed in qualifying Tamira Paszek, who pulled out at the last minute due to a viral illness.

The 2004 US Open and 2009 French Open champion Kuznetsova won in straight sets 6-1, 6-0 in less than an hour to set up a clash against fellow Russian Daria Gavrilova, an easy 6-3, 7-5 winner over Japan’s Misaki Doi.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #1303
country flag Bероника

Светлана Кузнецова: "По сравнению с Сереной Уильямс я более ординарная личность"

Во вторник Светлана Кузнецова в первом круге турнира в ОАЭ уступила Роберте Винчи (3:6, 2:6)

Евгений ФЕДЯКОВ
из Дубая

Три победы в квалификации, 20 очков в зачет рейтинга и перспектива подняться со своего нынешнего 48-го места на две позиции - такими оказались итоги турнира Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships для Светланы Кузнецовой. Увы, хотя бы повторить свой лучший результат на этом состязании его финалистке-2011 не удалось. В первом круге основной сетки 27-летняя россиянка за 1 час 19 минут уступила 17-й ракетке мира итальянке Роберте Винчи - 3:6, 2:6.
- Давайте для начала проясним ситуацию с wildcard, в которой вам отказали организаторы. Скажите прямо - вы обиделись?
- Если бы вместо меня wild card дали Серене Уильямс или, к примеру, Каролин Возняцки, то я бы с этим согласилась. Но мне не понятно, когда специальные приглашения на такой турнир получают игроки, которые по рангу стоят ниже некоторых других теннисисток, запрашивающих место в основной сетке. При этом я не имею в виду Марион Бартоли, получившую так называемую "золотую" wild card, на которую она имела полное право.
- Иными словами, вы подразумеваете Лауру Робсон и Юлию Путинцеву - 43-ю и 101-ю ракетки мира?
- Поймите меня правильно, я против этих девочек ничего не имею. Но мотивы, которыми руководствовались организаторы при распределении обеих wild cards мне не понятны.
- В Дубае у вас жилье. Вы здесь чувствуете себя, как дома?
- Чувствую-то нормально. Здесь очень комфортно, мне нравится. Но приехала все равно с корабля на бал. Только отыграла турнир в Дохе, с утра прилетела, один день потренировалась и уже надо было квалификацию играть.
- То, что в понедельник вам не удалось в двух партиях завершить последний матч квалификации с испанкой Анабель Медина-Гарригес, сегодня сказалось?
- Конечно, ведь усталость накапливается - матчи, перелеты, опять матчи. Все-таки я теннисистка, а не машина. При этом своей физической формой я сейчас в целом довольна.
- А что у вас случилось с ногой во втором сете игры с Винчи?
- Потянула - примерно так же, как на турнире в Сиднее. Травма, по идее, та же самая, просто она ощущается при большой нагрузке.
- Со стороны казалось, что шансы в этом матче у вас есть даже когда во второй партии вы уступали 0:4.
- Конечно, были. Возможностей было миллион. Если бы в начале матча чуть-чуть иначе сложились несколько розыгрышей и мне удалось бы повести с брейком, вполне возможно, мне вообще было бы легче. Но в итоге все сегодня складывалось в пользу Винчи.
- Два десятка рейтинговых очков, которые вы заработали, выиграв три матча квалификации у не самых слабых соперниц, хоть как-то компенсируют затраченные усилия?
- Это, конечно, полный бред. (Грустно улыбается.) Я бы, конечно, с гораздо большим удовольствием потратила силы на основную сетку. Надеюсь, что скоро я поднимусь в рейтинге настолько, чтобы уже не играть квалификации.
- Как вы в целом ощущаете себя в первые месяцы нынешнего сезона?
- Я просто спокойно работаю и понимаю, что, по идее, могу снова быть в первой десятке. Просто для этого требуется время и много труда. Винчи ведь, кстати, сейчас в первой двадцатке стоит, а я вполне могла ее обыграть. Просто надо не останавливаться и прибавлять.
- Где вы сейчас в основном тренируетесь?
- Везде, где только можно. Но домой стараюсь возвращаться почаще, потому что на выездах постоянно находиться мне тяжело.
- Ваш щенок, ставший знаменитый благодаря Твиттеру, здесь, с вами? Гоняется за местными кошками, которых в Дубае в изобилии даже в окрестностях пятизвездного отеля?
- (Смеется.) Нет, он остался дома под бдительным присмотром.
- Как будете готовиться к двум крупным американским турнирам в Индиан-Уэллсе и Майами?
- Еще не решила. Возможно, просто поеду в Америку на неделю раньше.
- Могли вы предположить пару лет назад, что Серена Уильямс еще вернется на первое место в рейтинге?
- Да она постоянно это делает!
- Выпадает из элиты и возвращается в нее американка действительно часто. Но первой все-таки становится не всегда.
- Просто у нее феноменальные способности. Когда Серена начинает играть, остановить ее крайне сложно.
- В вашей нынешней ситуации ее пример вас воодушевляет?
- Ну, я по сравнению с Сереной все-таки более ординарная личность. (Смеется.) Но пример ее действительно впечатляет.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #1304
country flag Bероника

Kuznetsova's treatment 'weird’ - Serena

Serena Williams sprang to the defence of a fellow former US Open champion whose exclusion from the main draw of the Dubai Open this week had surprised some people.

The world No 1 called it "weird" that Svetlana Kuznetsova, a winner of two Grand Slam titles, a former Dubai finalist, and someone she considers "a great player", has not been given a wild card into the main draw of the US $2 000 000 tournament.

Kuznetsova suffered a knee injury which for two months put her on crutches, and was followed by many weeks of rehab, forcing her to miss every tournament after Wimbledon last year.

The six months' absence caused the Russian's ranking to plummet to 85, but she showed she is recovering by producing wins over two top 20 players last month which lifted her back into the top 50.

However the Dubai Open prefers a policy of encouraging youth, giving wild cards to Laura Robson and Yulia Putintseva, two promising teenagers, and to Marion Bartoli, the world number 11 who offered her entry too late for the deadline, but whose presence is considered an asset to the tournament.

"You know I definitely think it's tough," said Williams, suggesting that she would not have played in the tournament if she had been placed in Kuznetsova's situation.

"She's been such a great player, and she got injured. She's won a couple of Grand Slams, so how can such a great player not get a wild card? It's kind of weird."

Instead Kuznetsova won through three rounds of the qualifying competition before being landed with a first round against Roberta Vinci, the world number 17, on an outside court. There she failed to do herself justice in a 6-3, 6-2 defeat.

"I read what Serena said, that she wouldn't play the tournament," said Kuznetsova. "I wouldn't play it, either, you know, because I think I deserve to have a wild card, but in my situation, I just have to go through this patch.

"Not many players would say just, you know, I'm not gonna play. That's also a good way to look at it. Then I see another way, that I have to still be humble.

"I still have to prove that I can do it and that I can go through qualifiers. It's very weird, believe me, to play qualifiers. You're like you cannot turn yourself on, like where I am? Am I playing qualifiers for real?

"It is so weird, but still I made it through (to the main draw) and I hope I don't have to do it again," added Kuznetsova.

"I do feel that I deserve a wild card, but, you know, sometimes there are hard situations. But I appreciate the support of Serena."

Williams' support for the 27-year-old went further.

"She'll be back and then she'll be fine," the 15-time Grand Slam winner reckoned. "She doesn't have a lot to worry about."

Meanwhile Petra Kvitova, the former Wimbledon champion from the Czech Republic, again showed evidence of an encouraging surge in form and fitness.

She followed her tight match with Williams in Doha last week with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Daniela Hantuchova, the former world No 5 from Slovakia, 6-1, 6-2, and is one win from a possible quarterfinal meeting with the defending champion, Agnieszka Radwanska.

Later Caroline Wozniacki, the former world No 1 from Denmark who won the title here two years ago, overcame Lucie Safarova, the world number 18 from the Czech Republic, 6-2, 6-2, and moved within one win of a possible quarterfinal with Williams.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #1305
country flag Сабина
Давай Света

Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all Сабина is a name known to all

it's a shame she didnt get the WC... also because she has residence in Dubai!
Сабина is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote