Sveta articles - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #826
country flag Пиво!

Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all Пиво! is a name known to all
Re: Sveta articles

Former Champs Williams, Kuznetsova In Action Monday
Miami, USA

by Sandra Harwitt

Venus Williams is chasing her fourth title in Miami.

The women are into the fourth round today and we have two former Sony Ericsson Open champions in our midst: Svetlana Kuznetsova and Venus Williams.

Top seed Svetlana Kuznetsova won the Miami title in 2006 beating fellow Russian Maria Sharapova in straight sets. At the time, Kuznetsova was working to get her game back together and her surprise victory gave her career a second lease on life.

Prior to her Miami victory in 2006, Kuznetsova hadn’t won a title since 2004, the very year she won her first Grand Slam trophy at the U.S. Open. Kuznetsova’s stock has improved and she now owns 12 career titles. Last year, she reeled in three titles, including her second success at a major at the French Open.

Kuznetsova is currently ranked No. 4 in the world, which places her 11 ranking spots ahead of Marion Bartoli, her fourth round opponent.

The Russian is not have a particularly good start to the season, having only reached the fourth round at the Australian Open and losing her opening round match at Indian Wells before heading to Miami. Her biggest achievement of the season was leading Russia in a wining quarterfinal Fed Cup effort, but she’s not expected to be on the semifinal squad that faces the United States at Birmingham later next month.

Bartoli’s won five career titles, but her notoriety stems from her surprising 2007 Wimbledon final appearance. Unfortunately, the Frenchwoman had little to offer Venus Williams in that final match – Venus won the fourth of her five Wimbledon trophies with a 6-4, 6-1 win over Bartoli.

The year is going fairly well for Bartoli with a third round showing at the Australian Open, and a fourth round showing at Indian Wells among her results.
Thus far in their career, Kuznetsova owns Bartoli, winning both of their previous encounters. While Sveta can at times play shaky tennis not becoming of her top 10 stature, she should be on top of Bartoli, once again, today... (more about Venus on wta miami site)
Пиво! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #827
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Top Seed Kuznetsova Falls To Bartoli

Troubled by a right shoulder injury, top seed Svetlana Kuznetsova crashed out of the Sony Ericsson Open Monday after suffering a 6-3, 6-0 loss to former Wimbledon finalist Marion Bartoli. Kuznetsova three times received on-court treatment for the injury and was far from top form.
Bartoli, the 13th-seeded Frenchman, claimed her first win in three meetings with the Russian and advanced to the Miami quarter-finals for the second time, having first made the last eight in 2003 as a qualifier. Bartoli has now won seven of her past 11 matches against Top 5 players (including one by retirement).

Kuznetsova revealed that she strained her shoulder (near her armpit) in her first match of the tournament and had been undergoing treatment. “It wasn't so bad as today; today was really bad.
“At 5-3 I started to serve and I felt like a pull. But I still kept serving. I almost had stars in my eyes it was so painful. I called physio and tried to continue to play. I think I should have pulled out earlier. I mean, it's impossible. You know, I cannot return. Then I cannot serve. That was my choice to play.”
Bartoli said that she was delighted to return to the quarter-finals for the first time in seven years. “It feels great.. I had a couple of bad years here. It was really tough for me, because I really love this tournament since I played Orange Bowl here when I was 16 years old.
"Coming here and playing so badly the last few years has been tough mentally. This year I just arrived a bit earlier from Indian Wells and practiced a lot more to get used to the conditions… I think the work paid off.”
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:23 PM   #828
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Bartoli Brings It, Ousts Top Seed

MIAMI, FL, USA - Marion Bartoli pulled off the biggest surprise of the Sony Ericsson Open thus far on Monday afternoon, pummelling No.1 seed Svetlana Kuznetsova out of the tournament in the round of 16, 63 60.

Bartoli was hardly as unlucky as her No.13 seed, winning 10 games in a row from 2-3 in the first set to beat Kuznetsova for the first time in three Sony Ericsson WTA Tour meetings. The match got more and more lopsided as it went on - Bartoli surrended just eight points in the 26-minute second set.

"I felt from the first point that it wasn't my day," Kuznetsova said. "Then when I was serving at 3-5, I felt a pull in my shoulder. I still kept serving but it was so painful I almost had stars in my eyes. I probably should've pulled out earlier, but it was my choice to play. I'm not going to pull out at 4-0 in the second set... it would look ugly. Today was just a horrible day. I'll delete it from my head.

"She was playing tough - with the conditions and the injury, the only thing to make it worse was playing her when she's playing like that."

Bartoli reached the quarterfinals of this tournament for the second time and first since debuting here in 2003. In her five other attempts she had won one match.

"I've had a couple of bad years here, so it feels great," Bartoli said. "This year I came a bit earlier from Indian Wells and practiced a lot more than I used to, to get used to the conditions. It's tough to play here. I think the work paid off."

Although she mostly hovers just outside of the Top 10 in the rankings, Bartoli has had particular success against elite players in the past. Against the world No.4 she earned her seventh win in her last 11 meetings with Top 5 opponents.

Although she was 0-2 against Kuznetsova on the Tour, the pair did have a few important junior meetings - most notably the US Open girls' final in 2001.

"It was a long, long time ago," the Frenchwoman, who won that title in New York, lamented. "We used to practice together all the time too. But she beat me here at the Orange Bowl. It was my first time playing the semifinals of the Orange Bowl and she beat me. She's such a great girl and so nice."
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #829
country flag Bероника

Top seed Kuznetsova looks tough in loss

Injured shoulder can’t convince Kuznetsova to retire from match vs. Bartoli

KEY BISCAYNE

In the end, the wind couldn't have been any crueler.

At that point, after all, the agony was almost over. Svetlana Kuznetsova had already waited out a four-hour rain delay, had already suffered a right shoulder injury that required three trainer visits, had already watched helplessly as fourth-round opponent Marion Bartoli zipped numerous shots by her before she could budge.

And now, with defeat long assured, a gust through the Grandstand. She stopped her serving motion.

Another gust.

More disgust.

She slumped her sore shoulder as she stopped again.

Finally, the wind died.

And then, with a weak second serve to Bartoli's backhand, so did Kuznetsova's shot of holding serve as the Sony Ericsson Open's No. 1 seed.

Fifty-seven minutes.

6-3, 6-0.

"Today was just a horrible day," she said later.

And yet it was a day that will earn her respect from the dozens who watched her struggle, out on the Grandstand court, the top seed on the women's side reduced to a faraway sideshow as Roger Federer played on the Stadium.

"It wasn't a match I played even 10 percent of my tennis," Kuznetsova said.

But she played 100 percent of the match. That was a victory in itself. That is what some of her contemporaries, on the men's and women's sides, would not have done, since some are prone to quit upon the slightest discomfort.

Hangnail? Hang 'em up.

It was refreshing to see someone hang in there with a shoulder nearly off its hinge.

Lacking the model looks of fellow Russian players past ( Anna Kournikova) and present ( Maria Sharapova), she has had trouble making a name for herself.

This is despite her accomplishments and attributes. Kuznetsova is just 24, and she has won nearly 400 matches. She has won nearly $14 million. She has won two Grand Slams, the U.S. Open and the French Open. She is popular among other players ("She's very nice," says Bartoli, a longtime practice partner) and even among the tournament's ballgirls, who spoke of her kindness as they watched the match from the stands in sadness. She is extroverted and interesting, a fan of hip-hop who is friendly with 50 Cent. She loves tattoos.

"Sometimes you feel my motivation maybe to fight like a tiger or whatever," she said in a recent interview. "So I have a tiger on my stomach."

She sure fought like one Monday.

Kuznetsova wasn't playing well from the start. She fell behind 5-3.

"It was not my day," she said. "I'm not going to blame it on my shoulder. Second set yes, but [the] first set she broke me and I was playing pretty bad on my returns."

But it wasn't too late to recover. Then she felt a pull.

"It was so painful I almost had stars in my eyes," she said.

The trainer touched the shoulder, inside, near the armpit. Kuznetsova winced.

"If you want to stop, just wave a [hand] so you cannot play," the trainer told her.

Kuznetsova never waved. In retrospect, she called that a mistake. She lost the first set. She lost the first game of the second set. And the second. And the third. And the fourth. She would win only eight of 33 points in the second set overall.

So why not quit at 4-0, when there was no chance? Why not take the easy way out?

"I'm not going to pull out at 4-0," she said. "You know, I know it's gonna look ugly. I know I looked ugly even like that, but still, you know…."

Still, she finished. It's always the next best thing to finishing first.
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #830
country flag Bероника

Svetlana Kuznetsova - Fourth Round
Miami, Fl., U.S.A.

March 29, 2010

M. BARTOLI/S. Kuznetsova

6 3, 6 0

An interview with:

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Was there something wrong with the shoulder?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah.

Q. What was the issue? Is that from the beginning or...
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I mean, today the weather condition was very tough to play. I felt from the first point when I start to return that it was not my day, but still it was pretty hard.
She broke me, and then at 5 3 I started to serve and I felt like a pull. But I still kept serving. So then I had it was so painful I almost had stars in my eyes it was so painful.
I called physio and tried to continue to play. I think I should have pulled out earlier. I mean, it's impossible. You know, I cannot return. Then I cannot serve.
That was my choice to play.

Q. Was it a strain?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Just pulled. Muscle pull.

Q. Have you ever had any issues with that before?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Not this one. I pulled it a little bit after my first match, but I was treating it. It wasn't so bad as today; today was really bad.

Q. What kind of treatment are you gonna get?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, now treatment is recover, not practicing. But I had to practice when I was in the tournament.

Q. How many times was she out and working on you?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Three times.

Q. Three times?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I mean, I got better, but it was very painful.

Q. You played her last in 2006 in Bali. Was it something different...
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think she pull out in Bali. I think she pulled out and after warmup, if I don't...
It doesn't matter. I mean, today was just horrible day. I delete it from my head, and that's it. It wasn't a match I even played 10% of my tennis. It was horrible.
She was playing tough. With her these conditions, it's the worse conditions you can have to play her.

Q. Did you even think you were gonna get the match in today because of the rain?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Actually, no.

Q. Did the trainer advise you to stop playing or say it was up to you?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, she saw that I could not play. She said, Well, if you want to stop, just wave a head so you cannot play. Because after she saw my face that it was unbelievable painful when she touched it.

Q. Will you go for an MRI or anything, see if there's a tear, or you just think it's a pulled muscle?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I have not thought about it.

Q. Where does it hurt? Front, back?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, inside. Inside, like here. (Indicating armpit area.)
Q. What's your schedule?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Stuttgart.

Q. Was it also because of the pain difficult to run and move and do all those other things?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. As I said, it was not my day. I'm not gonna blame it on my shoulder. Second set yes, but first set she broke me and I was playing pretty bad on my returns.
I mean, on the wind you have to move, and you have to do it extremely well, because it's very hard condition to play.

Q. Was it your last match you first noticed?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: First match of the tournament.

Q. So your other match, it was...
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: It was all right, yeah.

Q. I assume you're not gonna play Fed Cup.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I never meant to play Fed Cup.

Q. I know she said that you could come out at any time or retire at any time. When you were down 3 0, 4 0 in the second set
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I'm not gonna pull out at 4 0. You know, I know it's gonna look ugly. I know I looked ugly even like that, but still, you know...

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 01:59 PM   #831
country flag Bероника

Get to know Sveta!

After seemingly unending rain showers at the Sony Ericsson Open on Friday, Svetlana Kuznetsova joined accaimed tennis journalist Richard Evans for a question and answer session during Fila Friday Night. Sveta was asked about her favorite “Grand Slam win” to which she jokingly responded, ”can you pick a favorite child”? Event attendees also had a chance to ask Sveta about match tactics and when to introduce children to tennis. After talking about living in Spain for many years while training at the Sanchez-Casal Academy, she answered a number of questions “en espanol” to the delight of many of the attendees.

http://www.fila.com/news/2010/03/27/...-know-sveta-2/

oh why do they tease me like this if there's no video of it? I want to hear her answer this questions en español,with her accent
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 06:18 PM   #832
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

thats my girl not pulling out !!

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 10:06 PM   #833
country flag Bероника

I know,makes me respect her even more.A lot of players could use her as an example in that reward,which makes it even funnier what that idiot wrote the other day on GM after the match.You get few players with more integrity than Sveta on a tennis court.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #834
country flag Bероника

From Sveta's website:

Quote:
"C плечом всё нормально"

12 апреля, 2010 г. в 21:18

Светлана Кузнецова в интервью своему официальному сайту рассказала, что уже восстановилась от недавней травмы плеча, полученной на турнире в Майами, однако полуфинал Кубка Федерации всё равно пропустит.

- C плечом всё нормально, уже тренируюсь, - рассказала Светлана, - скоро уже турнир в Штутгарте, который я очень жду! В полуфинальном матче Кубка Федерации против сборной США, к сожалению, не смогу сыграть, поскольку очень тяжёлый календарь. Просто нереально сразу ехать из Америки в Штутгарт.

Напомним, полуфинальный матч Кубка Федерации запланированы на 24-25 апреля, а турнир в Штутгарте, где Светлана будет защищать свой прошлогодний титул, начнётся уже 26 апреля.
She says all is now normal with her shoulder and is already practising,looking forward to playing Stuttgart tournament.She says she can't play SF of Fed Cup vs USA because it would not be realistic to play as she has charged schedule (Stuttgart starts the following monday of the SFs).

So good news
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #835
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

yeah really good news!! I'll put it on twitter.

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #836
country flag Bероника

Kuznetsova to miss semifinal with US

MOSCOW: Svetlana Kuznetsova has pulled out of Russia's Fed Cup semifinal with the United States, local media reported Wednesday.

The world number five, who has recovered from a shoulder injury, plans to skip the April 24-25 tie and target instead the WTA tournament in Stuttgart which starts on April 26.

"I will have to miss the semifinal with the United States because my personal schedule this year is too tight," Kuznetsova confirmed.

She added: "It's unreal to go to Stuttgart directly from the Unites States."

Kuznetsova has not played since crashing out of the Sony Ericsson Open after suffering a 6-3, 6-0 fourth round loss to former Wimbledon finalist Marion Bartoli of France in Miami last month.

Kuznetsova received on-court treatment for a nagging shoulder injury three times in the match.
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #837
country flag Bероника

There's a Sveta interview in russian at this russian site:

Quote:
Кузнецова: меня всё время тянет домой!

Светлана Кузнецова в эксклюзивном интервью поведала о любви к родине, выступлении за сборную, проблемах в теннисе и о том, что даёт ей эмоциональную подпитку.

Неудачно сложилось для россиянки Светланы Кузнецовой начало сезона – ни на одном из турниров, в которых она принимала участие, 5-я ракетка мира не смогла добраться даже до четвертьфинала. Однако теннисистка не унывает и ведёт в настоящее время подготовку к грунтовой части календаря, которая в прошлом году завершилась для неё триумфом на "Ролан Гаррос". О своём самочувствии, проблемах современного тенниса, а также об отношении к Кубку Федерации Кузнецова рассказала в эксклюзивном интервью "Чемпионат.ру".

— Светлана, две недели назад на турнире в Майами в матче против Марион Бартоли у вас были серьёзные проблемы со здоровьем. Что там на самом деле произошло?
— Вы знаете, вообще турнир в Майами очень обидный для меня получился. Если в Индиан-Уэллсе я ещё не очень хорошо играла, то в Майами на тренировках уже чувствовала, что у меня всё получается. И с Бартоли на тренировке у меня совсем уже другой теннис был, и с Шуай уже лучше был матч, пришла в себя, находила свою игру. И тут так получилось, что тогда ветер был сильный, ещё мы очень долго матч ждали. В общем, неудачный день вышел для меня. Мне очень обидно было, что я не смогла собраться и перебороть все эти проблемы. Плюс ко всему в середине встречи у меня потянулось плечо и было очень больно подавать. А в игре против Бартоли это очень важный момент.

— Как сейчас обстоят дела с этой травмой?
— Всё нормально, тренируюсь. Я просто на несколько дней взяла паузу, не играла в теннис. И когда вернулась, плечо уже не беспокоило. Но опять же, когда идёт турнир, то тогда уже совсем другая интенсивность.

— Когда вы довольно рано закончили турнир в Майами, не было желания попроситься на какое-то из двух грунтовых соревнований, проходящих там же, в США, следом?
— Вы знаете, мне просто очень тяжело долго находиться в Америке. Мне и месяц-то тяжело было там. Да и вообще мне некомфортно долгое время находиться вне дома. К тому же был такой план – больше там не играть. Ведь грунтовый сезон очень долгий, надо всё грамотно разложить. Конечно, я не знала, что с результатами пойдёт так не очень хорошо, а потом уже что-то менять, оставаться там с больным плечом не было смысла.

— В связи с тем что после Майами у вас получился перерыв в две недели, вы получили приглашение в сборную?
— Приглашения не было. Мы друг друга поняли и не задавались этим вопросом, потому что знали, что для меня это физически нереально. Все всё понимают, и претензий ни у кого ни к кому нет.

— Ваш вызов в сборную на первый этап Кубка Федерации получился довольно шумным. Было ваше открытое письмо в блоге. Но вы всё же поехали в Белград. Как вы прокомментируете те события сейчас?
— Мне кажется, что одно и другое – это вещи совсем разные. То, что у нас были личные отношения с Шамилем Анвяровичем по поводу его высказываний, это отдельная тема. А вот моё выступление за сборную – для страны, а не для Шамиля Анвяровича – это другое. Поэтому мы разговаривали, нашли точку соприкосновения, которая подходила и мне, и ему, и сборной. Так получилось, что у меня была свободная неделя, и я сказала, что с удовольствием буду играть. Тогда мы и договорились.

— Сильно ли ваш соревновательный график порушила та поездка в Белград? Сказалась ли она на ваших следующих выступлениях?
— Нет. Ни в коем случае никогда не буду такого говорить, что Белград мне как-то помешал. Командные выступления мне наоборот помогают. Мне тяжело заниматься одним и тем же, я целый год на протяжении нескольких сезонов играю по графику. Одно и то же, одно и то же! А сборная наоборот мне даёт эмоций больше, чем всё остальное. Гораздо лучше всё это получается. Затрачиваешь энергии, конечно же, больше, но мы молодые, и восстановление для нас – не такая проблема. А вот эмоциональные чувства на подъёме. За сборную играть – совсем другое.

— Какие воспоминания остались от той поездки в Сербию?
— Оказалось, что там очень шумно. Мы ждали, конечно, чего-то подобного, потому что сербы знамениты своим болением на матчах. Но было интересно. Конечно, мы ничем не занимались в ту неделю, потому что не успевали. Мы много тренировались, пытались привыкнуть к новым условиям. Ведь перейти в зал – это не так быстро, даже тяжеловато. Но у нас был очень хороший командный дух. Девчонки молодые, практически все новенькие. Мне очень понравилась именно сплочённость, ни у кого ни с кем не было конфликтных ситуаций, все друг друга поддерживали, и атмосфера была очень комфортной в команде.

— Решающее очко вы принесли в паре с Алисой Клейбановой. Как у вас получилось быстро сыграться?
— У нас с Алисой было преимущество, да и у всей нашей сборной. Понятно было, что Иванович находилась не в очень хорошей форме. Надо было обязательно брать два очка против неё и бороться с Янкович, потому что она в последнее время непредсказуема. Но она сыграла очень здорово, несмотря на все истории, которые она рассказала, что с ней произошли (смеётся). Она сыграла здорово и заслуживает за это большого уважения. А парное очко вышло таким, потому что мы играем гораздо больше пару, чем сербки. Они никогда практически её не играли. И видно было, особенно в первом сете, какие они были потерянные на корте. То есть они не знали, куда идти. А Алиса в последнее время очень хорошо выступает в паре, я раньше играла очень много в паре. И у нас очень хорошие, дружеские отношения с Алисой. Вот мы ездили в воскресенье на велосипедах, катались всей группой вместе. То есть это очень важно – поддерживать друг друга. А у сербок видно, что конфликтная ситуация в команде, что нам было только на руку.

— Понятно, что Кубок Федерации и индивидуальные турниры постоянно вступают в противоречия. Вы как один из самых опытных игроков тура видите какой-то выход из ситуации?
— Сейчас у нас очень много собраний всяких проходит. Мы все думаем, обсуждаем, как сделать Кубок Федерации более интересным, удобным и для игроков, и для зрителей. Потому что, если честно, играть Кубок каждый год – он только теряет от этого свою какую-то харизму. Кубок Федерации должен быть более интересным. У нас, если честно, все уже привыкли к победам – если выиграли, то всё супер, так и должно быть. А если Россия проиграет, то всё плохо, это провал. А на самом деле это не так, потому что другие страны тоже прогрессируют, тоже играют. Поэтому есть предложение сделать его реже – допустим, раз в два года. Я предлагаю не проводить Кубок Федерации в олимпийский год, то есть раз в четыре года, а в остальные смотреть, как лучше – через год или через два.

— На матч против Эстонии бельгийки вызвали всех своих сильнейших теннисисток. Почему, допустим, у американок такое не получается?
— Понимаете, это один раз у них так только получается – по календарю им подходит, по месту проведения, вот они и играют. Не факт, что Энен второй раз так сможет приехать. А у американок Серена вообще непредсказуемый игрок. Она даже очень крупные турниры пропускает. Если она не хочет играть, она и не играет. Я не знаю, какие у неё там штрафы, но это непонятно. Да и вообще обе сестры непредсказуемы.

— Сейчас очень большой травматизм в Туре, серьёзная ротация происходит, бельгийки после возвращения резко поднимаются в рейтинге, и вместе с тем у игроков топ-10 нет стабильности в результатах. Как такое получается?
— Мне кажется, что соревновательность и сам уровень тенниса за последнее время очень сильно выросли. Раньше, например, ты играла "Большой шлем" и первые два-три матча проходили с такими примерно результатами - 6:2, 6:1 или 6:3, 6:2. А если вспомнить времена Граф, Санчес, Селеш, то они вообще практически автоматом до финала доходили. А вот сейчас все борются, все в нормальных кондициях. И так каждый матч. Все могут сыграть хорошо 1-2 матча. Главное – устоять и сыграть много турниров хорошо. А для этого обязательно нужна кроме всего прочего и хорошая физическая подготовка. Сейчас это очень атлетичный вид спорта, всё происходит на очень высоких скоростях.

— Вы говорили, что вам тяжело было найти грунтовый корт в Москве. Действительно такая большая проблема?
— Да нет. Есть корты, только нужно ждать.Просто не готовы они из-за климатических условий, поэтому я еду сейчас тренироваться в Испанию. Неделю хотя бы там побуду, потому что у меня там до сих пор есть дом – там и корты рядом, и машина есть. Это удобные условия, чтобы за неделю хорошо подготовиться.

— Получается, чтобы постоянно быть в струе, нужны серьёзные затраты – и физические, и психологические. Как удаётся отвлекаться? Чем вы себя подпитываете извне?
— Вы знаете, это очень тяжело, на самом деле. Я в Туре играю уже 8 лет. И хочешь не хочешь, а надо всё время играть турниры, каждый раз с этими дорогами, переездами. То есть нужно выстроить удобный график. И вот сейчас мне казалось, что график сделали идеальный, но матчей недобрала, и, по идее, надо ещё играть. А это значит больше ездить. Тут, конечно, каждому своё. Я лично просто люблю быть в России, люблю проводить время с друзьями. Отвлекаться от всего этого. Вот я приеду в Москву или в Питер – и мне комфортно. Понимаете? Комфортно мне дома, и всё. Ну не могу я долго быть за границей!

— Куда-то вы ходите? На концерты, в кино…
— Если честно, последнее время вообще никуда. Наверное, год уже. Не получается как-то. Хочется дома посидеть, отдохнуть от всего. Очень редко где появляюсь. Хочу вот пойти на концерт Ирины Аллегровой или ходила на Comedy Club. Вот два раза выбралась куда-то. А так в основном встречаемся с друзьями в ресторанах – после тренировок посидим немного, поговорим, и всё. На следующий день тренировка.

— На природу любите выбираться? Конечно, когда тёплая погода…
— Ой, да! С удовольствием! Шашлыки, да… Мы вот тут ездили в Израиль на Пасху, например. Зашли в церковь, посмотрели, приняли огонь, это было очень красиво. И вы знаете, приятно что-то сделать. Это другие совсем ощущения. Другая совсем подпитка была, нежели я делаю что-либо в теннисном плане.
http://www.championat.ru/tennis/article-54654.html

I don't have the time to translate it now,maybe in some days.Meanwhile you can maybe use some online translator to read it or maybe Diogenovna can help.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #838
country flag Bероника

Both former number ones Venus Williams and Kim Clijsters have withdrawn from the tournament with injury, but defending champion Svetlana Kuznetsova says she is happy to be back to get some clay-court practice ahead of Roland Garos.

"I love this tournament, it is one of the best on the tour," said the 24-year-old with the French Open set to start on May 23.

"The clay surface indoors is slippery and different from outdoor clay, but I like it that way.

"I do not think of points to defend, rankings or the possible final. These questions I block out completely, I take one match at a time."
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #839
country flag Bероника

“Preparing here worked for me last year”

Stuttgart. Svetlana Kuznetsova, the world No. 5, sat down with the journalists to answer a variety of questions at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix’s All Access Hour. The 24-year-old Russian’s thoughts on...

...coming back to Stuttgart as the title holder:
“It’s great to come back here as the defending champion. I love the tournament anyway but it’s even more of a pleasure to play after having won it the year before.”

...defending the points she won in 2009:
“I don’t think of the points I have to defend. I just play tennis. Tournaments simply give me the chance to play well.”

...preparing for the French Open:
“Playing on an indoor clay court is different to playing on the ones in Paris. It worked for me last year. This year’s court is very similar to the one in 2009. I like it. As for playing indoors it won’t make any difference as I’ve already been playing outdoors on clay in Russia.”
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #840
country flag Bероника

“A quite special experience”

Stuttgart. The fascination of Porsche can also be felt off-court by the players at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. On Monday, the top seeded Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark), last year’s winner Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) and Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) lapped the test track at the Porsche Development Center in nearby Weissach in a 450 brake horse power Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

“That was a quite special experience,” said Caroline Wozniacki, the current world No. 2. “I was a little nervous at the start. The white 911 is awesome even when it’s standing still. After the first couple of corners, driving around got to be more and more fun and I wasn’t afraid any more. It’s an unbelievable car. Not only beautiful, but amazingly quick.”

The six-cylinder boxer engine in the production sports car Porsche 911 GT3 RS produces 450 bhp. Top speed is 310 km/h. The most sporting model in the 911 family does the 0 to 100 km/h sprint in just four seconds. 4.1 seconds later and it is travelling at 160 km/h.

Driving around the test track in Weissach at 240 km/h were three players whose serves in Stuttgart’s Porsche Arena will reach speeds of almost 200 km/h. “My motivation to play my best tennis is even greater after such a driving experience,” said Victoria Azarenka. “I now really want to win the tournament and the Porsche Boxster Spyder that goes with it.”