Sveta articles - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #766
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sveta articles

Svetlana Kuznetsova 20-01-10

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Give us a summary of how you felt about how it went.

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I mean, I came to the match, I was aggressive. I think I played well. The only thing I lost two serves in the first set. I had very low percentage, 40%. I don't think is good enough.

Overall I think I played aggressive. I played well. I played well. I enjoy playing in Rod Laver Arena. I think it's great.

Q. You're remarkably consistent in early rounds of Grand Slams. Is there a reason or reasons for that, or is it just coincidence?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I mean, you know, for me, when I get to this stage, I played for couple ‑‑ plenty of years already in Grand Slams. Even though I'm 24, it feels like I've been for a while here.

Uhm, I just get extra motivation when I play slams. This is how I explain it. Doesn't matter how bad you play, you come to Grand Slams, it's like, you just get there, and you're like, Oh, Grand Slam; it's special; this is for what I work for, what I play. You just enjoy it so much.

To play here even today the first at 11:00, it's been still many people. You just have fun. This is for real. This is for what you play for.

Q. Preparation, lead‑up, early loss in Sydney. Do you feel as well‑prepared as you were last year?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think I've done good pre‑season. I've worked hard. I've enjoyed it. I prepared in hot conditions in Dubai. It's just I didn't have enough time maybe to get myself going. That's why I didn't play so well in Sydney.

But now, I mean, I'm feeling good. I still worked on new things. I still didn't have time to bring it to the game.

But for start of season, I'm okay, yeah.

Q. What sort of thing are you working on? Technique? Movement?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: A little bit of everything. For sure I work on movement, fitness condition, yes. Especially I worked on coming a little bit more to the court, because I had the game defense, you know, play high ball, but then I come and play inside.

I also can do that because after a defensive ball, you got to go and come in and play inside. I think I've done it couple times today, and returned the ball in the court, so...

Q. Adding aggression to your game, is that just something you decided to do? Was it advice from anyone?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Also advice from the coach, but also I want to improve. I want to do more things. I want to come to the net because I think I can play different games and come outside, play outside, inside, come to the net. I want to be all‑zones player.

I think I have a potential to do that.

Q. Will you play against Serbia in Fed Cup?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Uhm, good question. I didn't answer my final decision. I didn't say it yet. But I have to decide it after Australian Open. But probably not.

Q. Do you know who is going to play?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Like magic box, you know. Surprise (smiling.) I don't think many of like ‑‑ in the press Tarpischev said Zvonareva, Dementieva are not playing, so I don't know.

Q. There's quite a big break between your first and second Grand Slams. Just tell us how important it was to get that breakthrough win last year after five years, and how it sets up your preparations here.

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I mean, it was long time, but I also have been to the finals two times. After I won the Open, I been twice to the final: once in French, once in US Open. Been once in the semifinal.

So, I mean, I have not been losing in first and second round. But I couldn't manage to win it. I think I took my opportunity at this time, and it was very important for me to win in clay because I can play both, you know.

It's been long, but it was well‑deserved, and was very big pleasure win.

Q. Did you expect a tougher match today?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I expected her to play a little bit different. I was a little bit frustrated first game because I felt she used to be more aggressive on the court. She used to play flat. I think she tries to play a little bit more with spin. And when I play her in Beijing, I thought she played more inside, yeah.

Q. I noticed you did a bit of juggling on the court during the match. Have you ever considered and alternative career in soccer?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I don't do today my best today yet. I can do better (smiling.)

No, just distracts me and it's better for me. Leaves the tension away. Also I entertain people. It's also nice.

I'm just enjoying. You know, I'm just being myself, being creative, doing things I have to do, and enjoying it.

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #767
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Consistent Kuznetsova stays low-key

MELBOURNE: Low-key Russian world number three Svetlana Kuznetsova advanced to the third round of the Australian Open with a minimum of fuss on
Twitter Facebook Share
Email Print Save Comment
Wednesday, and that's the way she likes it.

The reigning French Open champion was far too good for teenage countrywoman Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, winning 6-2, 6-2 in just over an hour.

The understated 24-year-old became the first player in the tournament through to the third round and in doing so continued a remarkably consistent run in Grand Slam matches.

Kuznetsova, who also won the 2004 US Open, has now reached the third round in 17 successive majors.

She put her consistency down to a combination of experience and motivation.

"I have played for plenty of years already in Grand Slams and even though I'm 24, it feels like I've been here for a while," she said.

"I just get extra motivation when I play Slams, this is for what I work for, what I play for. You just enjoy it so much."

Although two appearances in the quarter-finals are her best effort at the Australian Open, a confident Kuznetsova said her game was in better shape than ever, as she had been working on becoming a player with more variety.

"I have worked on coming a little bit more into the court, because I had the defensive game, but then I want to come and play inside," she said.

"I want to come to the net because I think I can play different games and come outside, play outside, inside, come to the net.

"I want to be an all-zones player and I think I have a potential to do that."

Kuznetsova showcased her improved net game by winning 12 points that way, as well as reeling off 29 winners, to just seven from her opponent.

She admitted to expecting a little more opposition from the 39th-ranked Pavlyuchenkova, the pair having met in Beijing last year, with the promising 18-year-old reaching the third round of last year's French Open.

Nevertheless, she was pleased with her own game, although a little disappointed to have her serve broken twice.

"I was aggressive and I think I played well," she said.

"The only thing, I lost two serves in the first set and I had very low percentage around 40 per cent. I don't think that is good enough."
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 03:01 PM   #768
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

Friday 22 January 2010
By Matthew Clayton

Women’s third seed Svetlana Kuznetsova has survived an almighty scare from German qualifier Angelique Kerber on Friday night, coming from a set down to outlast the world No.118 3-6 7-5 6-4 in a match that finished well into Saturday morning at Rod Laver Arena.

Few observers would have given Kerber, a qualifier into the main draw at Melbourne Park and the seventh highest-ranked German woman, much of a chance against Kuznetsova, a two-time Grand Slam champion and dual Australian Open quarter-finalist. But Kerber, who ousted 26th seed Aravane Rezai in the previous round, played the match of her career against Kuznetsova, with the world No.3 showing her experience at the key moments to escape with the victory.

The match started at 11.30pm local time after Rafael Nadal’s four-set win over Philipp Kohlschreiber earlier in the evening, and it appeared Kuznetsova was the player most affected by the wait. Kerber troubled the third seed on serve in the third game and then broke Kuznetsova in the fifth, Kuznetsova showing her displeasure by slamming a backhand into the net after gifting Kerber a 3-2 lead. Four unforced errors from the Russian saw Kerber skip to a 4-2 advantage, and the German was able to hold in the next game thanks to a forehand that clipped the tape and evaded a lunging Kuznetsova.

Kerber broke Kuznetsova for a second time to take the set 6-3, with the Russian spraying a forehand wide on set point for her 17th unforced error of a scruffy first set. Kerber’s serving – she won 86 per cent of points on her first serve for the set – was a feature, as Kuznetsova could never get a look-in on her serve.

As if stung into action by her sluggish first set, Kuznetsova changed her approach in the second, looking to come to the net more and dictate play. She reduced her errors from the back of the court and was successful on 13 of the 16 points where she approached the net, but wayward serving allowed the German stay in the set before Kuznetsova eventually prevailed 7-5.

With the score at 1-1, the players traded breaks for three straight games, and it took two venomous backhands from Kuznetsova to push her advantage to 4-2, and she looked to be in control. Kerber regrouped and then broke back in the eighth game to level at 4-4 after Kuznetsova incorrectly challenged a line call, but the Russian stepped up a gear in the 11th game, breaking Kerber easily and then serving out the set in the next game, which featured a scorching down-the-line backhand from the third seed.

The final set featured three breaks of serve in the first five games, as neither player could make the other pay for their mistakes. Kuznetsova looked to have taken a decisive advantage when she held for 4-3, but Kerber came back to break the Russian and level at 4-4 after a game where she successfully challenged two line calls, securing the break with a cross-court forehand that was arguably her best shot of the match.

Unfortunately for Kerber, it was to be her last hurrah. Kuznetsova executed a perfect drop shot and speedy backhand to break the German once more in the ninth game, and after Kerber saved one match point in the next game thanks to a Kuznetsova error, the No.3 seed wrapped up the win with a booming first serve down the middle, the match ending at 1.42am.

In the next round, Kuznetsova will meet compatriot Nadia Petrova. The 19th seed shocked the tennis world by annihilating 2009 US Open champion Kim Clijsters 6-0 6-1 earlier on Friday night.

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 10:37 PM   #769
country flag Bероника

Svetlana Kuznetsova had her hands full with Kerber, a lefty from Germany currently ranked #118. It was the German's first experience into the third round of the Australian Open -- the farthest she had ever gotten Down Under. Who was to say she wouldn't go farther? Kuznetsova is a formidable two-time major champion. However, loose canons can fire from any angle and during any match.

Kerber won the first set on two breaks of serve. Kuznetsova, visibly annoyed, committed 17 unforced errors. However, Kerber's lefty serve was sharp. She won 86% of her points off of first serves -- an astonishingly high percentage that even Andy Roddick doesn't approach. But Kuznetsova didn't make her seed by giving up, no matter her foul mood.

Very skilled in doubles, the Russian began to approach the net with success. Then her backhand, which she leans in on to the point you might think she'll fall over, found its mark. She was up a break. Her drop shots worked and her dark mood dissipated. A series of breaks marked the third set, and either player was on track to win the match.

But Kuznetsova held off break points from Kerber late in the set. It was Kuznetsova's conversion of break points that pushed her over the finish line -- 67%. It was her net points that pushed her over the finish. It was her mind that held her together throughout the two-hour match.

Kuznetsova won 99 total points for the match. Angelique Kerber won 98 points for the match.
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 08:18 AM   #770
country flag Bероника

Kuznetsova questions late nights

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova has joined the growing chorus of players questioning the wisdom of scheduling late-night matches at the Australian Open.

The top men have been complaining about the programming for years after being forced to play into the early hours of the next day, and now the women have added their voice.

The issue reached farcical proportions two years ago when a match between Lleyton Hewitt and Marcos Baghdatis did not finish until 4:34 a.m., prompting complaints from the men that they were being unfairly treated.

Organizers had traditionally scheduled two singles matches for the night-session at Rod Laver Arena with the women playing first followed by the men.

To appease the men, tournament organizers agreed to alternate the schedule this year, giving them the chance to play the first night match and leaving the women to play last.

Kuznetsova got her first taste of what it was like to play into the wee hours when her third-round match against German qualifier Angelique Kerber began just before midnight Friday.

The French Open champion eventually won 3-6, 7-5, 6-4 just before 2 a.m. but said it was an experience she would not want to repeat.

"I was running and going crazy in the locker room so I can stay awake," the world No. 3 said. "I had to remind myself I'm playing the Australian Open, it's not just a regular tournament.

"You kind of lose the importance of these big events. For Russia it's great, they can watch my match on television, but for me it's 2 o'clock in the morning," she said.

Kuznetsova's comments followed a similar complaint from Australian teen Bernard Tomic earlier in the week.

Tomic was hauled before the tournament organizers to explain his outburst but Kuznetsova said officials needed to understand the players' view.

"I grew up in a sports family and my parents always taught me to wake up at 8 and to go to bed at 10," she said.

"I don't understand why we have to play after the men anyway," she added. "I think it's never happened before. We need equality, the men have complained, it sounds weird. But I don't even think men should play at 2 o'clock in the morning."

Justine Henin, who beat Elena Dementieva in the first night match on Wednesday, said even her finish, which was much earlier than Kuznetsova's, had effected her for days.

"I faced a few issues and my body suffered a lot," said the Belgian, who is in the early stages of a comeback. "I did not have enough sleep. I slept terribly. I was in bed at 2 when I beat Dementieva. I slept five hours."

To help her stay awake before her match, Kuznetsova decided to join the spectators in the stands and watch the men's contest between Rafael Nadal and Philipp Kohlschreiber, a four-set match which went 3½ hours.

"It was frustrating. They told us if it was going to a fifth set we were going to be moved to another court," she said. "I agreed to move court if it went to a fifth set but I was praying to Rafa to win in four sets because I wanted to play on Rod Laver.

"It's better to play on Rod Laver than Margaret Court [Arena] where nobody is watching. At least people keep you up because you're falling asleep there," she said.
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #771
country flag Bероника

An interview with:

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. After you won the second set, you got the early break, but what went wrong for you?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I mean, I had advantage. I had Love‑30 the second game on my serve. I fighted back. I had advantage. I had 40‑30. I served to her backhand and she just returned it too good. I lost that game and I stopped a little bit.

I was disappointed losing serve. I still was thinking about service game. By then she already won her serve and everything start to go so fast. She just made me ‑‑ I played bad game at 2‑1, she broke me. I mean, since there, she started to get more confident.

And me, I lost confidence. I was very frustrated. That was the main mistake for me. I had to hold at 1‑Love.

Q. So you lost a little bit of concentration after this?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I mean, I was a little bit frustrating after I lost my serve at 1‑Love, and then, I mean, she got into the game. She started to play better and I started to play worse.

I was struggling with finding my rhythm all the match. But in the second set I managed to find it and I started to play better. And I cannot stop at 1‑Love. I did stop. I cannot allow that in fourth round to do that to myself. I didn't deserve to win.

She played good. I give credit to her. It's the best I seen her play last two years I think, but I didn't deserve to win because I was not playing good enough. I was doing too many unforced errors. I didn't serve good. I was just struggling to find my game.

Q. What was the key to her today? What was her strength?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I mean, I think she played good third set. But I still gave it to her. Too easy, you know. I had to fighted. I think she served good. She plays good backhand, was flat. Was hard to do something from it. She played some good shots from short forehand angles. That's it.

Q. Does it irk you that it's a Grand Slam and you're not where you want to be?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Australia is always hard for me. First Grand Slam of the year, first part of the year. I only played a few matches. I couldn't manage. I would like to play more before Australia, but I couldn't. I still couldn't find my rhythm.

It's very disappointing because I thought he played very well in preparation. I was doing great. But this shows it's not only practice. Again, you know, it's the things you do in the match, how you manage to get the matches under your belt.

I was struggling a little bit other matches. I was not good today. I think I deserve to lose.

Q. Is part of that the weird scheduling, rain disruptions in the first round, late night, then the doubles? Does that play into the rhythm at all?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I mean, that's hard because, you know, in first match it was rain. You sit for half an hour, you play one point, half an hour. I play another match good schedule. Then I have to go to bed at 4:00 in the morning. Next day, of course, I wake up early because I'm used to wake up at 9:00. I sleep only a few hours. I play a three set match of doubles. Then today they put me second.

It changes things. But to play good and try to win Grand Slams, you have to be able to perform and to pass through difficult moments like this. Definitely it was not the best schedule for me. But, you know, it's not an excuse at all. I had all the chances to win today, I just didn't use it. This is final.

Q. You said you felt Nadia played really well today. Were you surprised by the level she reached?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. I mean, you have to play well if you beat Kim 6‑Love, 6‑1. For sure, Kim was not at her best level to lose like that. It's not only Nadia who played good.

But definitely she's getting confidence and she's playing at her best level that I seen her lately. Definitely she can get much better. And my level was lower than I have to play.
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 07:37 AM   #772
country flag Bероника

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — Get ready for the rematch: Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters will play each other in an exhibition at Madison Square Garden on March 1.

The semifinal at the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup will come less than six months after — and about a 10-mile drive from — their U.S. Open semifinal, which ended abruptly with Williams' outburst at a line judge.

Clijsters went on to win the tournament. Williams later was fined a record $82,500 and placed on two years of probation at Grand Slam events.

The other semifinal March 1 pits Williams' sister Venus against reigning French Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova. The one-day event will feature one-set semifinals and a three-set final and has $1.2 million in prize money.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nation...,4414365.story
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #773
country flag Bероника

Talks about Sveta's infectious smile and laugh

http://www.downthelinetennis.com/201...mile-spam.html
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #774
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

yeah finally something funny wrote about her

Old Feb 4th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #775
country flag Bероника

however it's not that difficult to notice but it's true that on court she's never that relaxed (except on doubles that is like a different world)
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #776
country flag Bероника

However it's not that difficult to notice...

But article is true,she's never that relaxed on court (except for doubles that's like a whole different world)
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #777
♥sveta♥sammy♥

well she is trying a bit more lately, like playing soccer with the ball

Old Feb 4th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #778
country flag Bероника

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/368582

seems like Sveta has again very good relationship with Shamil Tarpishev according to that article,at least that's what she says.
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #779
♥sveta♥sammy♥

well I dont know what is says

Old Feb 7th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #780
country flag Bероника

Having seen her compatriot Ana Ivanovic lose in straights sets to the leading Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova, Jankovic fought back from a perilous position to beat Alisa Kleybanova in three sets and level the tie at 1-1 going into the second day.

In the first singles rubber Ivanovic, who had won five of her six previous meetings with Kuznetsova, made a very nervous start against the world No.4. She dropped the first five games and although she saved one set point in the next on her serve, she lost the opening set 61.

Serbia’s No.2 then made a better showing in the second set and broke Kuznetsova for the first time to lead 42. But having done so, that was as far as Ivanovic got, the current Roland Garros champion powering back to take the set 64, clinching victory with a smash.

“It was very hard to play her, especially as she plays at home,” said Kuznetsova. “In first set she was very nervous and I played better. In the second set she came up. But I managed to keep up the level and to play important points better and even though I was a break down still I managed to win.”