Sveta articles - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #226
country flag svetaisthebest

svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sveta articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleytrotter View Post
Trust me i was pretty pissed off when they started putting maria and sveta on vodafone because my seats there wernt good but my seats at rod laver were great.

I always go to medibank too, so next year i will take lots of photos for everyone, (because the past two years ive been completely camera-lazy... woops).
i bought tickets for both vodafone and RLA and on every time i had tickets for a certain court Sveta happned to playing on the other one and i kept on missing her on the pratcice courts so i didnt even see her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
Kuznetsova is probably the worst player in history to win more than one slam. Justine has 10 times more talent in her pinky than Sveta in her whole body. This match will be 2 routine sets.
svetaisthebest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2008, 12:17 AM   #227
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

S. KUZNETSOVA/V. Azarenka

1‑6, 7‑5, 6‑0

An interview with:

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. That was a close one, huh?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, pretty much like this. When she serves out, and matchpoint I was like, Oh, my god. I saw that one was out, so I was pretty happy with that one.

Q. When you get down to your last breath like that, do you start thinking back to the Vaidisova match or other matches where you had to dig down?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. My only thought was like okay, 6‑1, 5‑2, I'm just one break down. Actually, if you don't look that side, you're just one break.
But then it's lots of pressure, because I was not playing any well. So this is what I was working to change. I was not awake quite well. I was not moving that well.
It's very different court. The stadium is much different than court No. 1 where I played before, and it's much different. But still I had to improve that I was working on it during the match. It's pretty late, but I got it, so...
I started to move better and just play a little bit better. I didn't play well, but still I won the match.

Q. You know, Jelena had lots of trouble last night.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I didn't know anything about it.

Q. She had a comeback big time last night, too. They're after you guys.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think the conditions here than Indian Wells is very different. The ball is completely different, you know. The ball bounce there like double higher. So, like my serve with spin, it's not doing the same thing that did there.
Like I have to find another strokes. My forehand I can hit better here, but you need matches to get used to it. In difficult and critical moments, it's hard to understand everything.

Q. Do you think it's because there's more moisture in the air here? This is much more humid.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, yeah, because the balls are the same. The air is just humid, and the balls are very heavy, very heavy. I like these conditions. But still, from Indian Wells, you played three weeks with one balls, and then with one kind of thing you're used to it.
You know, you close your eyes and you do this. Here you close your eyes and, Where's the ball? Oh, I don't know. So you have to change this.

Q. The toughness that you found today, I know you've had a little bit of trouble in finals lately, is that something that you need to sort of fine tune so that you're bringing that out in yourself when it really counts in a final?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, yeah. I hit doubles in finals because I lose them. But the final maybe I should have win it was Dubai, because Sydney Justine just played better than me in important moments. It was a great match. It's not like I give up. I didn't.
She just played well. In Indian Wells last week, Ana, I took the wrong tactics. I was playing wrong against her, so she was very comfortable out there. She played unbelievable in very important moments in first set.
In second set, I wasn't played so well, but continues like I'm not there. But, yeah, definitely. If I can improve even more in the finals it would be great. It's just another level I should take there, you know.

Q. Have you ever worked with a sports psychologist or anyone to work with you?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I do work. But it's not only from psychology. It's another level you've got to play. Not like you've played before the final, it has to be higher.

Q. You were down 3‑5 to Vaidisova, but you came back from that one, too. Is there a mentality that once you've come back in a big match at a big tournament, it's easy to do the next time?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I think the mentality is that I always have to believe in myself. This is, I think, the main thing. Being there, I know I'm better player. I know I can do better than I was doing whole match, and I knew I have this reserve there.
But for me, I have to work next step not to get to this limit. You know, because when I get water here, I start to play much better. But I need to play much better before getting water to my nose so I can be there. You know what I mean? So...
But it's there. It's definitely there, and this moment I just find myself better.

Q. When you won this tournament a couple years ago, I mean, the conditions here from year to year don't change that much.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I didn't play Indian Wells before.

Q. I'm sorry?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I didn't play Indian Wells before.

Q. That was the difference, just the fatigue?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: It's huge. One, it's fatigue, and second it's conditions that you come new, you're fresh. And you're used to condition much quicker. It's different, you know.
You come from home to tournament you get it quicker, but then you play matches. I played seven or six matches at Indian Wells, and then you have to change everything; this is hard. But I think I have ability to do that, and I'm looking forward for my next match to improve.
There is sometimes you have these tough matches from the start, but then you can improve in the tournament. So I'm looking forward in my next match to improve it.

Q. When you got here the weather wasn't quite like this. It was a little cooler, so you really didn't have much time to get used to this, did you?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, first of all, it's this. But then second, it's still different conditions. It's heavier. Usually like I play here, I sweat so much. But still I was in first set, second set, I was not moving well.
But then in the third I got so much on top of her. Like she was tired, and I was not that. I mean, I'm fit, but I need these matches to play. I don't know.

Q. Will you be ready in two days?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think I play tomorrow.

Q. Tomorrow?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah.

Q. Will you be ready tomorrow?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I'll do my best to be ready. I'll make sure I bring it, and right from the first game.

Q. When you walked in here, you were walking very slowly.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I always walk slowly. Always. On the court, I take my time. I don't like to walk fast. I hate it. I don't know. For what? I don't have any rush.

Q. Except when you're dancing though, right?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I don't dance.

Q. Not even to hip‑hop?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I love hip‑hop, but I don't dance hip‑hop, believe me. I would be wrong.

Q. The humidity it's similar to Spain, isn't it?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Not really. It's much dryer. It's not right? Yeah, it's much humid. More humid.

Q. Here?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yes. But then it was completely different to the Pacific. It's not maybe the same, but from last week, it's hard to change. I think this is also the reason that Novak lost, you know. Because you cannot get so quick used to that.

Q. So next it's either, is it Azarenka? Radwanska?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I played today Azarenka, but tomorrow I play Peer, and this girl who beat Azarenka.

Q. Larcher de Brito.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 05:05 PM   #228
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

larcher de brito?? whats that

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM   #229
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

The player that lost to Peer yesterday
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 06:52 PM   #230
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

ok thanks just found a pic of her she is just 15

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM   #231
country flag Bероника

Kuznetsova to lead Russia against U.S., Sharapova out

By Gennady Fyodorov

MOSCOW, March 31 (Reuters) - World number four Svetlana Kuznetsova will lead Fed Cup champions Russia in next month's semi-final against the United States in Moscow.
In the absence of Australian Open champion Maria Sharapova, who will skip the April 26-27 tie, captain Shamil Tarpishchev also named world number six Anna Chakvetadze, 13th-ranked Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva (20) and Elena Vesnina (53).
World number five Sharapova won both of her singles matches in her Fed Cup debut against Israel last month to help Russia to a 4-1 quarter-final victory.
"We had an agreement with Kuznetsova and Sharapova that one of them would play against Israel and the other against the U.S.," Tarpishchev told Reuters on Monday.
"Sharapova had already played in Tel Aviv, so now it's Kuznetsova's turn. It was sort of a trade-off because both of them have very busy schedules.
"They have to juggle individual tournaments with the Fed Cup. It's not easy as both Kuznetsova and Sharapova are also hoping to become the world number one this year," Tarpishchev added.
"Besides, this is an Olympic year, so it's even more difficult to fit in all your commitments. So I'm very thankful to all our girls for their support of the team's cause."
Tarpishchev also said he might call up Elena Dementieva depending on her availability. The 11th-ranked player beat Kuznetsova in an all-Russian final in Dubai earlier this month.
The Americans will be without Serena Williams and Venus Williams in a side spearheaded by rejuvenated former world number one Lindsay Davenport.
"It doesn't matter who they are going to bring, we'll be ready," Tarpishchev said.
The Russians are aiming for their second Fed Cup title in a row and their fourth triumph in the last five years.

(Editing by Padraic Halpin)
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:17 PM   #232
country flag teleri

teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronika View Post
Kuznetsova to lead Russia against U.S., Sharapova out

By Gennady Fyodorov

MOSCOW, March 31 (Reuters) - World number four Svetlana Kuznetsova will lead Fed Cup champions Russia in next month's semi-final against the United States in Moscow.
In the absence of Australian Open champion Maria Sharapova, who will skip the April 26-27 tie, captain Shamil Tarpishchev also named world number six Anna Chakvetadze, 13th-ranked Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva (20) and Elena Vesnina (53).
World number five Sharapova won both of her singles matches in her Fed Cup debut against Israel last month to help Russia to a 4-1 quarter-final victory.
"We had an agreement with Kuznetsova and Sharapova that one of them would play against Israel and the other against the U.S.," Tarpishchev told Reuters on Monday.
"Sharapova had already played in Tel Aviv, so now it's Kuznetsova's turn. It was sort of a trade-off because both of them have very busy schedules.
"They have to juggle individual tournaments with the Fed Cup. It's not easy as both Kuznetsova and Sharapova are also hoping to become the world number one this year," Tarpishchev added.
"Besides, this is an Olympic year, so it's even more difficult to fit in all your commitments. So I'm very thankful to all our girls for their support of the team's cause."
Tarpishchev also said he might call up Elena Dementieva depending on her availability. The 11th-ranked player beat Kuznetsova in an all-Russian final in Dubai earlier this month.
The Americans will be without Serena Williams and Venus Williams in a side spearheaded by rejuvenated former world number one Lindsay Davenport.
"It doesn't matter who they are going to bring, we'll be ready," Tarpishchev said.
The Russians are aiming for their second Fed Cup title in a row and their fourth triumph in the last five years.

(Editing by Padraic Halpin)

Tarpishchev is so protecting Sharapova. He always find the excuses for her. It's understandable though he needs her for the Olympics.

I'm so proud of you!!
teleri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM   #233
country flag Bероника

S. KUZNETSOVA/V. Williams
6‑4, 6‑4

An interview with:

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA

Q. Pretty good match for you today, huh?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: It was pretty ups and downs for me and for her, but I guess I was more consistent and I played better.
I served better. I served more consistently than she. I didn't have so many aces, but I was more consistent.

Q. So you think about it at all when you're playing that, you know, she's looking to play her sister in the semifinals?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Doesn't matter because I gotta to take game one at a time. Because if I think, Oh, Venus and Serena, you know, it makes huge ball. You never think about it. You just gotta go day by day, because I never know what to expect from her, and sometimes I don't know what to expect from me.
You know, it's different days. It's tennis, so anything could happen because she's very good player. She was No. 1. She won Olympics. I don't know, so many titles. She's good, you know. She can play amazing some days, and today I think I played better.

Q. This is a good tournament for you. You won it a couple years ago. A lot of players don't like the wind and everything. You seem to feel pretty comfortable here.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Believe me, after wind in Doha, this is... (Phone ringing) Sorry. This is like nothing.

Q. Somebody's calling you.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: It's a message.
So it's comfortable. I like the balls. I love to play in the States. I always play good somewhere. I played Indian Wells finals twice, I won US Open, I won New Haven. I feel pretty good.

Q. You should move here.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I love the States. I love States. I really do. And I love New York.

Q. Look ahead to Serena. She played really well today.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I didn't see anything. I guess she played unbelievable, but I was in my hotel watching Next Top Model or whatever I was watching. I was not watching any of tennis. It was not on TV. I wanted to watch. It was interesting.

Q. How would you approach her?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Oh, we played indoors last year. We have 1‑1. First time I won. In Moscow she beat me. I beat her in Stuttgart. It's tough. I'm really happy to play her. I'm very excited, you know.
It's going to be tough match. Definitely she's going to have crowd on her side, as Venus did today. But I'm looking forward to playing her.

Q. Are you going to play Amelia or Charleston or any of those? None of those?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. For me, I love States, but to be one month and a half out of my hometown for me it's too much.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:09 PM   #234
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Svetlana Kuznetsova - 4.3.08
S. WILLIAMS/S. Kuznetsova
3‑6, 7‑5, 6‑3
An interview with:
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA

Q. Seemed like you really played well. Controlled the match most of the way. Where do you feel like you let it slip away?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I think if I played the right points at the right time it would be a little bit more lucky and I would have done it in two sets, because I was a set up and 15‑40 and there was a possibility to go for it.
To me, it seemed when I was on the top of the result and top of the game, I was playing too careful and she was better. She was playing better.
When she was up, I was playing better. You know, I mean, it's like ‑‑ it's uncomfortable, this situation, because I was playing well. I felt like I doing the right thing, you know.
But maybe sometimes ‑‑ in the third set she served better in the end. She played good. But I still, every game, I had opportunity, I had it like every single game.
Sometimes she just played incredible shots. You know, it's just tennis. She just played better in the third set. I think I could have finished it in two, but she's a good player, you know. It was a tough match.

Q. Did you sense she was injured at all? She had a back injury timeout. She wasn't serving hard the first set.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I don't know. I cannot say for her what was her problem. But she was serving ‑‑ maybe she was not serving hard, but she was serving keep serve, you know, and the ball was bouncing here. I don't know what kind of injury she has, though. In the end, she was moving incredible well and she was serving hard. So I don't know.

Q. Just how tough is it to play Venus and then Serena or Serena and then Venus? How tough is it to play the two Williams sisters back to back?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I never played. You know, it's different. I'm excited, because I like to play both of them. They hit hard; they serve well. You never know what to expect.
But I'm okay with my performance. I played better against Venus. I was more inside of the court today. Sometimes I was pretty much behind, but I had a long month. I had so many matches.
This tournament I played singles and doubles. It was really tough. I was almost out in the second round, match ball like that, and she missed serve like that. So I stayed in the tournament and I fight through every match.
I fight so hard, and today I give my best. Maybe sometimes I wasn't playing the right game, but she served well.

Q. Were nerves a factor at all? It seemed like there were a few times you had breakpoint chances or game points where you kind of blew what looked like you should have put a shot away.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: That is what I'm saying. When I was on the top, I was playing too careful. When she was on top, I was playing better, you know. I couldn't find the right balance there.
I think that was my main mistake for the match. Still I was dictating the game. I felt like she was not dictating all the time. You know, it was equal, it was more maybe to my side. She had maybe more winners, but it's because she served aces more time.

Q. What's the big difference mentally and emotionally between playing Serena and Justine?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: They're both very tough players. They're one of the best players. Serena at top of her game, it's very hard to play her. When Justine is in top ‑‑ they're just so different. Just different.
Emotionally it's the same thing. You just play somebody, one the best athletes in the world and I count myself also one of the best players. It's exciting, because it's really you have to play your best level, and in important moments you really have to take the right decision because you wouldn't have many chances during the match.

Q. What happened at match point? The second set you had kind of a floating volley and you netted it. You weren't sure what to do with that one, or...
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. I mean, I just didn't work because I have to move to the ball. I had problems playing with the wind sometimes, because like forehands I was missing some because I was not moving well to it. It was hard for me to get used to play against the wind and then two games you have to go for it, so I didn't go to it. I had to do extra two steps.

Q. Were you trying to bring her in with the backhand slice to the net?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, no. I was trying to do some different tactic and strategy. I think what we planned I really did everything, but it just matter of mistakes I did in important moments.

Q. It was nice to see, you know, long women's match going almost three hours. How were you feeling physically? You said before you like playing somebody like Serena where you have to reach to the top.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, physically I was fine, you know, because I had really, really long month here. I did finals of Indian Wells, and I played here singles and doubles.
Today was my fourth day in a row. I played three setters with Azarenka, and then I played singles against Peer and I played doubles the same day, and then I played Venus and then I played doubles and then today I played Serena.
Sorry it was fifth day I played, so I didn't have one day off. It was extremely hard at the end of month.
I'm really happy with my physical condition. I think it was fine. Of course, Serena ‑ I felt Serena was a bit more fresher, but still I think we stayed equal. She just played sometimes maybe better shot than I did and I was not good when I was on top.

Q. Looking back, do you think it was a smart decision to play doubles here?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: It's hard, you know. I could have been out in the second round and that's it. But so far I was in ‑‑ I think I count myself as I'm fit enough to play singles and doubles. It's just hard, because I played singles and doubles in Indian Wells and singles and doubles here.
Now I have some time off. I don't know. I'm pretty cool with that.

Q. When she broke you in the eighth game of the third set, she did a backhand off the net and it kind of clipped the net and you kind of netted the next one. Was that just a tough break?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I think this game I had so many chances. It was amazing. Every time I felt like I hit it, but I could not take it, you know? Like you have cheese here and you cannot just eat it.
I mean, I had opportunities so much, but she played good shot or something would happen and I would ‑‑ so many times I would not go for it. I would like to see next time me be a bit more aggressive and play better when I'm on the top.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #235
country flag Bероника

Thanks Goldenlox for the interview
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #236
country flag teleri

teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of teleri has much to be proud of

Thanks,GL. Her interview explains everything.

I'm so proud of you!!
teleri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #237
country flag Bероника

SPORTS KIDS

Up Close with ... Kuznetsova

Editor's note: Neuman brothers Danny and Pacey, both 12, and Mikey, 14, are sports fanatics and play in local football and basketball leagues. Generating their own questions, the Miami Beach locals interview a different professional athlete each month and Sports Scene features their Q&As. Visit www.neumansports.com or www.youtube.com/sportsbrothers, websites the kids created on their own. The boys also write a column for Sports Illustrated for Kids. Visit www.sikids.com.
This issue, the Neuman brothers interview Russian professional tennis player Svetlana Kuznetsova, whom they met at the Sony Ericsson Open.
Q: What was it like winning the U.S. Open?
A: It was something amazing. You know, like a few months later, I was saying 'There is no way I won it.' It was crazy, a really big thing.
Q: When you're on the court and you say, 'Oh my gosh, everybody is looking at me,' what do you do to keep your focus and get over that nervousness?
A: It's not like that, actually. When you go out to the finals, come onto the court and you see 25,000 people, the first moment it gets to you so much. But then you start to focus on the game, what you really came for, and you don't even realize there are people around. You know it's really weird because when you play the game you don't think there are so many people watching.
Q: What's going through your mind when you have your opponent fooled and you know you're going to win?
A: You have to stay in focus because things look easy but they're never so easy in tennis. All the time when you relax, an opponent can get back and start believing in it to gain [momentum]. It's very hard because they start to play much better, and you start to put pressure on yourself. Tennis is a very mental game.
Q: What was your favorite tennis moment?
A: One of them was definitely winning the U.S. Open in 2004. It was my one Grand Slam so far. The second one is the year after I had very hard times. I got down to position 18 and I was really upset. But the next year I climbed back up and I won this title in Miami, so it was very important for me to be back again.
Q: What has been your hardest loss?
A: Definitely the year when I won the U.S. Open and the next year I lost in the first round. And it wasn't about who I lost to. It was about myself. I was not playing well at that moment. I was not ready to defend my title. It was very hard to lose the tour in the first round.
Q: How do you feel about instant replays in tennis?
A: It's pretty cool. It's very good for the fans more than for the players. It's great for the crowd.
Q: Can you tell us something about yourself that people would be surprised to know?
A: I'm a crazy person. I like to do funny things. I just love to hang out with people, go out with friends, go to concerts.
Q: What one thing would make this world a better place?
A: No war. To me, war is horrible. People dying and it's just for the interest of the country.
Q: What was your biggest fear as a kid?
A: Once in our house, [people broke in and stole] something from us and I was always scared. So when I was home alone, I was under my sheets like somebody's coming all the time.
Q: When you were a kid, how were you as a student and what was your best and worst subject?
A: I liked mathematics. I was so into it. I hated Russian language because it's so hard. You got to know all the words and there aren't so many rules. There are some rules but there are so many words you have to remember. But I still enjoyed being in class, making some friends. I was practicing tennis so much, I was not able to be with the other kids so much.
Q: Can you tell us something your mother always told you as a kid?
A: My mom always told me that if you don't try, you will quit tennis in two years.
Q: If you could have one super power what would it be?
A: To read other people's minds.
Q: What was your most meaningful gift you have ever received?
A: The earrings of my grandmother. It's something special. My grandparents passed away a few years ago, and when you get something from them, it will always stay with you. That's a present no money could buy.
Favorites
• Cartoon character: Winnie the Pooh.
• Ice cream flavor: vanilla.
• Movie: Save the Last Dance.
• Toy as kid: dog.
• Color: blue.
• Animal: dog, tiger or panther.
• Video game: Super Mario.
• Drink: tea.
• Food: Japanese.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #238
country flag svetaisthebest

svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
Kuznetsova is probably the worst player in history to win more than one slam. Justine has 10 times more talent in her pinky than Sveta in her whole body. This match will be 2 routine sets.
svetaisthebest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #239
country flag Bероника

Sharapova, Kuznetsova headed to Beijing Olympics

Agence France-Presse
First Posted 19:20:00 04/28/2008

MOSCOW -- Maria Sharapova and Svetlana Kuznetsova will represent Russia in the women's singles at the Beijing Olympics, the country's federation chief Shamil Tarpishchev said Monday.
"We can send four single players and two doubles to Beijing," Tarpishchev told the press. "Sharapova and Kuznetsova will definitely play in the women's tournament, while the other girls will fight it out for the two remaining places."
Three times Grand Slam tournament winner Sharapova is set to become one of the biggest names competing in Beijing and is certain to attract huge media attention.
"In the men's squad only Nikolay Davydenko has already gained his pass to the Games, while the other [players] still have chances to qualify. I can say nothing about our doubles for the moment."
"We will announce our final line-ups just before the deadline on June 8," he said.
Tarpishchev also said that Russia will play at full strength in the Fed Cup final.
"I'm really happy that we managed to reach the Fed Cup final and the Davis Cup semi-finals," Tarpishchev said. "I believe both our upcoming matches will be really tough."
"In the Fed Cup final our strongest players will compete against Spain," the Russian tennis boss said.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #240
country flag Bероника

Sveta,talking about Justine's retiring:

Quote:
It's sad for tennis, and the whole tour is in disbelief. Justine is a true champion and a great ambassador for the game. She'll be greatly missed. Champions like this don't come around very often. I wish her all the success in the future, in whatever she decides to do. -- Svetlana Kuznetsova, current world No. 5