Sveta articles - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #166
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sveta articles

Thanks Tim

Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #167
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Getting Cosy With Kuzy

Svetlana Kuznetsova, the Russian No. 1, is proud of her roots but revels in the cultural diversity of her touring lifestyle. Dominic Bliss meets the rap-loving daughter of top cyclists to find out how learning to breakdance fits in with her ambition to be world No. 1 next season.

In a former life Svetlana Kuznetsova was a black woman. she's convinced of it. She feels such an afinity for African people and culture that, as far as she's concerned, it's the only explanation. "I like African people so much," she says. "I have a lot of black friends. I feel great with them. I love everything about black culture. You know how sometimes you feel you have a past life? I feel like I was black in mine."

It was music that first attracted the Russian player to black culture. eldom without her iPod, she has a particular penchant for all things RnB and Hip Hop. In the players' lounge you regularly see her nodding her head to the dulcet tones of Kanye West, The Game, Neo and 50 Cent. Her agent has tried to engineer a meeting between her and the latter (apparently the American gangsta rapper is a big tennis fan), but so far they have only spoken on the phone. "I'm not really into this hard stuff about killing," Sveta adds, aware that 50 Cent's image and style of music is at times very violent. (The former drug dealer has released songs with titles like 'Gunz Come Out', 'Gangsta Shit,' "My Gun Go Off' and 'I'll Still Kill' and has been shot many times.) Kuznetsova says "the sensitive and commercial stuff" is more her bag.

The 22-year-old Russian is sitting in the press cafe at Zurich's Hallenstadio, venue for the Zurich Open. In spite of a season that has seen her competing in 20 tournaments and regularly traversing the globe, she is upbeat and genuinely jolly. She shows off her multiple ear-rings - on her left ear a chain connects one in the top of her ear to one in the bottom. Her hair this week is medium-length and blonde, but by the time you read this it could be anything from short and black to tight corn-rows. Typically she changes hairstyle more often than David Beckham and Posh Spice put together. As the interview warms up she even reveals the top half of a tattoo engraved on her bikini line. It shows the tail of a tiger heading southwards. After her most consistent year yet, which saw her win in New Haven and reach the finals at Doha, Indian Wells, Berlin. Rome and the US Open, Sveta is currently enjoying a career high ranking of No. 2 in the world. She attributes her cent success to mental focus and more maturity. "I used to rush things so much," she says. "I just needed to focus and take my time. When I was 19 (after the 2004 US Open win) I got to No. 4 in the world and I didn't know how to handle it."

After the initial surge of form she then dropped down to 18 at the end of 2005. "To fall down is very painful," she adds. "Then to stand up again, it's very hard." But this year has seen her back at the top of her game. "I'm starting to be much more consistent," she says. "It was one step to get to the six finals this year. The next step, next year is to win all these finals and get to No. 1 in the world." Being the top player in Russia is not so important. In fact so many of her compatriots (Sharapova, Myskina, Petrova) have also held the national top spot over the last three years, that it's now an accolade without much lustre. Even Sveta concedes this. "Two or three years ago it would have been huge for me to be No. 1 in my country" she says. "But now I'm just focused on being the best I can be. The Russian No.1 changes all the time because different players are in different shape at different times of the year."

On court is where it counts

Nevertheless reaching No. 2 in the world last earned Sveta certain bonuses from her racket and clothing sponsors. But there has been no interest yet from new sponsors. Nor does she expect there to be. "Sponsorship deals are very hard in Russia," she says. "We are always looking and my agent is working hard on this. But IMG (her management agency) doesn't have a huge presence in Russia."Sveta says she's happy to be one of those less glamorous players whose primary earnings are on the court. So far this year she has taken home just under $2 million in prize money and very little by comparison from sponsorship deals. Compare that with Maria Sharapova who in 2006 earned $3.8 million in prize money and, according to Sports Illustrated magazine, a trouser-wetting $20 million in sporship payments. "Maria is not getting deals because she was No. 1 in Russia," Sveta stresses. "It's because they've made this image of her. She is a marketing player. I'm different. If I would be sold as she is, I don't know if I could handle it. It's really hard to be always posing and smiling. She deserves this money but, in the end, I think every player should ask themselves this question: "Are you happy with what you're doing?" I'm not going to answer for Maria or for Anna Kournikova or anyone else. But I can say I'm happy wwith what I'm doing. And I don't have lots of sponssorship deals."
Sveta says she invests most of her money in stocks , shares and other financial packages. In the future she plans to put some into property. Currently she rents a flat in a certain tax-friendly principality by the name of Monaco. She stays there when practising at the Monte Carlo County Club; when practising at her long-term training centre, the Academia Sanchez-Casal, in Barcelona, she stays at aan apartment owned by her parents in the outsskirts of the same Spanish city. Her coach Stefan Ortega and hitting partner Antonio Baldellou are both based there too.

Her home town, however, is St Peterburg, on Russia's Baltic coast. Here she spent her entire youth among world champion cyclists. Her mother, father and brother, Galini, Alexandr and Nikolai, were all top-level bikers. In his time Alexandr has coached eight Olympic champions, including his son and wife. He still coaches Lokomotiv cycling club, one of the most successful in the whole of Russia. It was in this atmosphere of sporting excellence that Sveta learned the athletic skills and discipline that would eventually serve her so well in tennis. She remembers how, as a kid, she tried to follow the strict regime that her father imposed on his young cyclists. "I was always living with Dad's team. They had to go to bed at 10pm and always get up very early. I wanted to be just like the guys. I remember, in the middle of winter, they would get up and go running at 7am. On Sundays when I had no school I would get up with them. It was very cold. They would say "What are you doing here. Why aren't you sleeping?"

Part of her father's training discipline involved black marks in a report book for cyclists who turned up late for training. By carrying out menial tasks around the club, cyclists could then erase any black marks they had accumulated. Since she was just a little kid, and the only girl to boot, Sveta was exempt from these punishments. Yet she remembers how she made her own report book and imposed on herself the same system of black marks and forfeits, just as the cyclists did. "I looked up to those guys and I liked to do what they were doing." Her father's team trained for free, but occasionally, in return, they would carry out manual odd-jobs around the club. "I would go with them and help them out," Sveta remembers. "Carpentry, little construction jobs, stuff like that. I loved doing that." Noways her father is able to spend a lot more money on his cycling facilities. Helped by his daughter's fame (and some of her prize money), he is currently building a huge sports and 200-room hotel complex in St Petersburg.

Politics gone bad
Like Sveta, the Russian president Vladimir Putin also hails from St Petersburg. But unlike Boris Yeltsin, his predecessor, Putin is no fan of tennis. Fishing and judo are more his bag. He is black belt in the latter and a former champion of the city of Leningrad (St Petersburg's old name). Sveta says she was extremely disappointed when Putin failed to congratulate her after her 2004 US Open win. "He is from my city and I'm the only (champion) tennis player from St Petersburg. When Myskina won the French Open and Sharapova won Wimbledon, he called them. But I won the US Open and I had nothing. I was really sad about that. It really hurt me. He never did anything. But it's been a long time past. I have a lot of respect for him and I know he does big things for Russia. That is much more important."

You can tell Sveta isn't comfortable talking politics. She quickly turns the conversation back to her favourite subject: black music and culture. She talks of her plans to travel in Africa and the Caribbean, especially South Africa, Cameroon and Jamaica. And she describes how she would love to learn how to breakdance. Shyness and the risk of injury have so far prevented her. "It's funny because I can play tennis in front of many people." she says, "but I cannot start dancing because I have no clue. I would love to dance well, especially breakdancing, but I hate it when people laugh at me. "It's strange to see a Russian professing such a closeness to black people and music. At first sight, the two cultures, both geographically and societally, could't be further apart. But then Svetlana is no ordinary Russian. During her 22 years she has already travelled the world and experienced more international culture than most Russians would in a dozen lifetimes. As a teenager she moved to Spain, to train at the Academia Sanchez-Casal, Andy Murray's old alma mater. Since then she has criss-crossed the globe countless times. The WTA calendar means she is able to spend the odd week competing in Russia, and Fed Cup of course draws her back to her motherland several times a year. But other than, her only time back home is at Chrismas and a few weekends snatched here and there. Yet she bridles at the suggestion that she may be losing her Russian roots. "No, no, no, no, no! Never, never!" she protests when asked if she now feels more Spanish than Russian. "Sometimes I like things that are European more, but I'm definitely closer to Russian culture. When I'm in (western) Europe I understand European people, but when I'm in Russia I'm like 'Oh my God! Those European people think so differently.'" She explains how her mind-set undergoes a complete change whenever she returns to Russia. "When I come to Russia I feel like a different person. I switch to a different mentality. My coach Stefan notices it, too. It just happens automtically. I can't explain it."

Citizen of the world

Like other Russians players who have moved abroad (notably Sharapova and Kournikova), when speaking Russian her accent has a foreign lilt to it. "My brother jokes about my accent," Svetlana says. "But that's normal, because I speak much more Spanish and English than Russian." And she admits that all the living and travelling abroad has inevitably eroded her national identity somewhat, making her more a citizen of the world, rather than a Russian citizen. This is par for the course for any travelling professional. "For sure, that's the same for everybody because we spend eight months of the year on the road." As a junior, when Sveta first moved to Barcelona, her academy directors explored the idea of her switching nationality and applying for a Spanish passport. It certainly would have made visas a lot easier to obtain. "I remember when they were working on it," she says. "I was just a kid and I didn't really know. But my dad and my family would never let me do that. My dad said, 'Over my dead body will you become Spanish.' Now of course I would never switch nationality. I'm proud of being a Russian. I would never chat on my country." But as a junior it had seemed a good idea to her coaches. "They tried to do all the paperwork," Sveta remembers. "But the guy from the Spanish federation said, 'She will never be top 30, so we don't need her.' And in one year I had won the US Open." The guy from the Spanish federation must be kicking himself now.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #168
country flag Jenny.C.Fan

Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute Jenny.C.Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice read

Miss you JENNY and GUGA
GO Amelie,Sveta,Patty,Ana
Go A-rod,Marat, Rafa,Robby,Andy,Taylor, Juan Carlos,Nole

Liverpool FC Xabi EL Nino

Blog Here
Jenny.C.Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #169
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,Goldenlox!!! Very interesting read indeed.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #170
country flag svetaisthebest

svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for that article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
Kuznetsova is probably the worst player in history to win more than one slam. Justine has 10 times more talent in her pinky than Sveta in her whole body. This match will be 2 routine sets.
svetaisthebest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #171
country flag Bероника

Kuznetsova Won't Play on National Team

Svetlana Kuznetsova, the No.2 ranked women's tennis player in the world, will not play on the Russian national team against Israel in the first round of the Federation Cup (the women's equivalent of the Davis Cup), Sport Ekspress newspaper reports. She told team captain Shamil Tarpishchev that she will challenge Belgian Justine Henin for first place in the world and the Federation Cup match does not fit her schedule.

Tarpishchev allowed Kuznetsova to miss the match, substituting 15th-ranked Dinara Safina on the team. Maria Sharapova and Anna Chakvetadze will also play on the team. The final lineup of the team will be announced during the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam tournament of the season. The Russian team is the current holder of the Federation Cup.

http://www.kommersant.com/p-11847/r_530/tennis/
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #172
country flag Bероника

January 9, 2008

Svetlana Kuznetsova

SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES

THE MODERATOR: Questions.

Q. How do you feel about your form going into the Australian Open?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I hope to still get some more matches here, but I feel good. I would like to feel -- yeah, to play more points is the main key I need now.
But I feel like I played well. I playing a little bit different and I improved some things that I was working on in pre-season and really look forward to play. I think I mature also, just analyzing more what I'm doing during the game.

Q. It's been a few years since you won a breakthrough Grand Slam, and you've been knocking on the door last couple of years. What do you have to do to your game to take it to the next step?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Be play a bit more consistent. I was consistent last year than past years. I'm all the time just one step far away, you know? To make the step I just need to play important matches better and maybe believe in myself a little bit more.
Yeah, definitely to do the right thing on important moments. I think I was missing that.

Q. You played on Court 1 yesterday and on Centre Court today. Did you notice any change, difference?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, yeah, it's always different to play Centre Court because it's bigger and much more space, but on Centre Court it's more wind and the difference of speed, there is a little bit, but I don't know exactly which way it goes. It was a bit weird today.

Q. There's been a couple comments from Fabrice Santoro and Richard Gasquet that the ball is a little slower and you have to use a lot more power. Do you find that?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah. The ball is slower, especially it gets at the end, like on the fifth, sixth game. Yeah, you got to use a little bit power. Sometimes if you don't play it really good the ball stops and it's very comfortable for opponent. The balls are heavy and you got to use more power, but for me I like that.

Q. Do you see that this year's Australian Open is as open as it's every been?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I see last year Justine was not here and now she's and she is No. 1, so I think she's main one I think for everybody. She was in the final the year she played and she played good, she won the US Open.
So for me she's the main contender, and then around other ones who is around. I think the main one is Justine I think.

Q. Do I think that when everyone is playing their best she's the best?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I don't think. I mean, this is the point of tennis is never nobody plays a better game -- like the best. Like if everybody plays the best it's never happens because there is so many ups and downs. Justine, she has more matches than other players where she plays good, so this is her key, I guess.

Q. How much does fitness play a part at the Australian Open more than the other Grand Slams because of its timing?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Because of this time and then because of the heat. Because fitness and the heat it's very important thing. Players who is fitter going to play better the matches when it's very hot, which is most of the matches. This is why it's most important, not because of the time of the year.
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #173
country flag Bероника

January 10, 2008

Svetlana Kuznetsova

SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Your 18th meeting with Justine tomorrow. You getting sick of this in the final?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, not at all. You know, the thing is you can count meetings first when we started playing. I think first year I played like five times with Justine and she was in Top 3 players in the world and I was like number 80, so it was pretty clear that she was winning.
But we had a few very close matches and I won two matches. She's No. 1 so that's world. It's means it's good. If I play Justine it means I always lose to No. 1. That is fine.
But I also have opportunities to beat her. She's going to go the favorite and that's fine with me. I just going to go there and play my game.

Q. It's not intimidating at all?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, not, not at all. She's No. 1 clearly now. I just have to work for my game to try to improve it so maybe one day I can be where she is.

Q. And you're quite good friends.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, we're cool. We're cool. We shot a lot. Actually I'm good with everybody on the Tour. I'm not the person going to stay in conflict. I hate that. I like to be friends with everybody.
She's not friends with many people, but with me she's good. I have all respect for her. She has an amazing career and I have all respect. I mean, some points I have or I take example of her.

Q. Is it hard playing a good friend?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. I have everybody play good friends so I have to play almost every day.

Q. How big do you think the gap is between No. 1 and No. 2?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: You see points gap, no? In the points it's pretty big gap. I don't know, it's not my thing to deal. It's important I'm No. 2 for me, and I going to see from there.
I have only one place to go and I looking forward to improve my game. I still have lots of things to work on.

Q. Without divulging your game plan tomorrow, what one or two things do you need to do to be spot on with Justine?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Just to play every ball. She's No. 1 but she's not perfect, you know, you going to have chances.

End of FastScripts
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #174
country flag Bероника

SYDNEY, Australia - Like she has done so many times in the past, Svetlana Kuznetsova pushed Justine Henin to the limits; but like so many of those encounters the world No.1 came away the winner anyway, this time rallying back from several third set deficits to prevail, 46 62 64, and claim her 40th Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles title.
Having just gone the distance against No.4 seed Ana Ivanovic in the semis - prevailing 62 26 64 - No.1 seed Henin had her hands full for the second straight day against No.2 seed Kuznetsova, beginning with a tight opening set, in which the Russian raced to 4-1 and allowed the Belgian to close to 4-4 before reeling off two more games and the set. Henin then broke right away and that set the tone for a somewhat lopsided second set, but the decider was a dogfight from beginning to end.
Kuznetsova drew first blood in the third set, breaking at love and saving break points in two service games to jump out to a 3-0 lead; she even had a point for 4-0, but Henin hung tough and evened it up, 3-3. Kuznetsova's serve was strong and she held for 4-3 and had break point for 5-3 but was again unable to convert and the Belgian won three games in a row to clinch victory. Two hours and 16 minutes after the pair took the court, Henin was still on top of the world.
"This was perfect," Henin said. "I was starting to feel much better today because Sveta played a great match, I thought. She was really intense and aggressive, didn't make many mistakes, and really pushed me to the limits tonight. That's the kind of match I really needed before the Open. It's good to see that I could deal with the nerves tonight because I was in a pretty bad situation in the third set. I remained calm and played my best when I was under the most pressure."
"She pushed me to make mistakes, it's not like I just missed," Kuznetsova said. "Maybe I had chances and sometimes I should've been more aggressive, but she definitely played better in the important moments."
Although the two have consistently played each other close over the years, Henin improves to 16-2 in their 18 career encounters. This was also the first time in nearly two years that the world's Top 2 would do battle, and the Henin win meant that No.1s improved to 66-37 against No.2s since computer rankings began.
"I'm not going to count all the games I've played against her or whatever; we're much closer than before," Kuznetsova lamented. "I have been working hard and I'm getting closer. She has more experience being there, but I'm trying my best.
"I live a good life. I'm No.2, young and improving every day. There is no taking my confidence away."
"She is a really a complete player and a great player," said Henin on her closest challenger in the rankings. "I can see she worked hard in the off-season because she was in great shape this week, and that means she's going to be motivated for the Open, and one of the favorites."
With her milestone title, Henin also extends her win streak to 28, her last loss coming last July in the Wimbledon semifinals (to Marion Bartoli). It is the longest streak since Venus Williams notched 35 in a row in 2000. Now, she travels to Melbourne as a favorite for her second career Australian Open title.
"I'm concerned about what I'm going to do; I'll build my game and confidence and just try to win every match I have to play. The Grand Slams are the goals this year, as well as the Olympic games. I left Melbourne with a pretty bad feeling two years ago so I'm glad to go back, and I hope I can be at my best level."
It was a week to remember at the Medibank International, not just because of the Top 2 final. There was a near-Top 4 semifinal roster with No.4 Ana Ivanovic being Henin's penultimate opponent, but Kuznetsova facing Nicole Vaidisova, ranked No.12 (the Czech teenager took out No.3 Jelena Jankovic in the quarterfinals). None of the four seeded doubles teams, all of whom made the Sony Ericsson Championships doubles line-up last fall, even made the semis; in the end it was unseeded two-time Slam champs Yan Zi and Zheng Jie who lifted the trophy.
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #175
country flag maryc

maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the articles!
maryc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #176
country flag iheartjelenaj

iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future

here's an interview of kuzy taken from the a.o.'s website

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...375493161.html

Q. Your first time here in Australia as the world No. 2. Is that a tag you're getting used to?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, definitely it's new for me. It's pretty new for every tournament where I go. So I just ‑‑ in end of the year I go to No. 2, so I'm pretty excited about this.

Definitely it's a little bit of pressure because you got to keep it up, you know. And I try to do my best and I really enjoying being No. 2.

Q. Are you happy to be fairly anonymous? A lot of the players have higher profiles than you who are not ranked as high. Not as much attention.

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I don't care about my profile; I care about my game.

Q. Do you feel you get enough credit for the player that you are, especially right now at your career‑high ranking? And do you care about that?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: You know, definitely, I mean, attention is good. Too much attention is not good. I mean, you never know what's good, what's not.

You know, I try to really focus on my game. This is what I take care of, you know. I cannot take care of my attention or something else, you know. Because if you take this out, you know, you get game out of your mind, and I want to really focus on that.

Q. What about back home?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Back home, I got attention. I'm cool. I enjoy being there. I really miss home. So for me it's very important be there and enjoy. Had an amazing win for Fed Cup this year. It was really great thing.

Q. There are so many great players from your country now. Do you feel you get lost in the shuffle?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, not at all. I think people know everybody of us. It's really good back there.

Q. What did you think of your performance today?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think it was pretty good match. It was slow start. It's different surface. Well, it's a bit ‑‑ slightly different than Sydney last week and it takes time to get used to it.

But I started a little bit slow, and then I make it up better.

Q. Do you feel like you're in the easier part of the draw?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I'm not watching the draw. I have no clue who is where, you know. I know my next opponent. Sorry, guys, I'm pretty boring, but it's just very simple for me (smiling). I'm just like that.

I'm looking my next opponent. This is what I have to think of, you know, not think which part I am.

Q. You're very popular with your fellow players. Is that important to you? Is that a good thing?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: For me a very important thing. First thing for me is be a good person before being a good player, you know. Because even if I would be like first in the world, I would get everything, attention and everything, would win everything, and then you're a shit person it's not good.

I mean, I think every like top player, we have great personality, like Justine, other girls. We are all like good people. For me it's very important. And I like to communicate with girls. I like to roll good, you know.

Q. You've been called the biggest character in the locker room.

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Am I? Well, that's good to know (laughter). I don't know. I just love to have fun, you know. I'm just happy to live. You know, life is short and you have to enjoy. I make jokes with every girl. I don't know, I just feel friendly with everybody.

I don't feel it's triviality so much. I don't want to get into it. Because if you get, This girl said this, that one said that. I'm over it. You know, whatever. If they want say something they come to my face and say it to me.

The same I do to other people. I just go straight and I talk. Like this you don't have problems with nobody.

Q. Who would you say your closest friend is on the tour?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I have many. It's very hard. I mean, I'm good with Justine. I'm good with Serena. I'm good with Alicia. I don't want to miss any names because I'm really good with many girls. Like Likhovtseva, definitely from my Russian girls, one of my best friends.

Q. We also understand that you dictate the music in the locker room.

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, from my locker it's my music. If they don't like, many times I ask like, Do you mind, like, the music or whatever? Normally it's me and Justine in locker room like before finals or semis.

Somehow, I always play her. So I always ask her, Does it bother you? That's it. I put the music. Nobody does else.

Q. Does she ever say yes?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. She's, No, it's fine. She just laughs. She goes, Put the kind of music you listen. I say, I'm sorry, I'm just different.

Q. Is there a favorite style of music you play before a big match?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Most style I listen is hip hop, R&B. Most of it, like 80% of my songs.

Q. Favorite artists?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Plenty ones. Like before I was so ‑‑ I had ‑‑ I loved 50 Cent, but now I like everything, like T‑Pain, Chris Brown, 'Lil Wayne, so many names.

Q. Do you feel like you're playing your best tennis at the moment?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I feel like doesn't matter like what day I have, I go on the court and I feel more consistent that I can change things. Even if I'm not playing well, like I have always Plan B or I always can control myself, you know. Like I'm always there.

Like sometimes I would have bad day and I would like not play so good, you know, play game what nobody expect from me. Now I feel more consistent. I feel being better there.

Q. What do you think can take you to the next level? You played in the Sydney final, lost to Justine. You're world No. 2. What is it going to take for you to step up and start winning those kinds of matches, perhaps be No. 1?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah, I mean, getting to these matches, having them, this is already very positive thing. Playing against Justine I had chances, but she just played really well the important moments.

I also had to play a little bit different game, just to change this a little bit. Just get in there all the time would make my chances, and I think I can change it by that.

Q. Is Fed Cup going to be a big priority for you again this year?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No. My priority ‑‑ well, it's complicated to explain, but my priority is Olympic Games and Grand Slams. But then I was not going to play Fed Cup at all. But captain ask me, C'mon, let's play. I mean, there are so many other girls to play. You know, I don't want to take spot of somebody. Somebody can play for me.

Then he ask me like, C'mon, let's share. Some players play one round, some players play another round. I'm not going to Israel after here. If the girls win, I promise I gonna play for next round.

"My water comes straight from the tap and those bottles are all just for show."
iheartjelenaj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #177
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

love her such a great personality love her

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #178
country flag Bероника

Thanks a lot,iheartjelenaj for posting her interview

Good to see she has her priorities in the right place.

Quote:
I don't care about my profile; I care about my game.
Quote:
First thing for me is be a good person before being a good player, you know.
Very interesting reading.Go Sveta!!!!! It's difficult not to love her after reading things like that
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #179
country flag Света_мой_№1
♥sveta♥sammy♥

Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future Света_мой_№1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronika View Post
Thanks a lot,iheartjelenaj for posting her interview

Good to see she has her priorities in the right place.

Very interesting reading.Go Sveta!!!!! It's difficult not to love her after reading things like that
yeah try to not love it wont work

Svetlana kuznetsova my no.1
sammy stosur,amelie mauresmo,dinara safina,nadia petrova
Света_мой_№1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #180
country flag Bероника

She won't Svet it

Peter Hanlon
January 16, 2008

THE conclusion to Novak Djokovic's well-attended match yesterday afternoon prompted such an exodus from Rod Laver Arena that one watcher wondered if the Svetlana Kuznetsova-Nathalie Dechy duel that followed should be dubbed "the lunch break".
It was hardly an appropriate way to mark the arrival of the world No.2, but Kuznetsova is used to flying under the radar. Besides, when you have none other than than Roger Federer leading your cheer squad, the appreciation or otherwise of a few thousand mere mortals is neither here nor there. It was the case yesterday as Kuznetsova emerged a 6-3, 6-1 victor with the minimum of fuss.
The Russian was joined in the second round last night by Venus Williams, who survived a strong rearguard action from Yan Zi of China before advancing, 6-2, 7-5.
The Wimbledon champion, resplendent in earrings so big they might have acted as wings, led 5-2 in the second set only for Yan to level at 5-5, but the American recovered her poise to clinch victory in 74 minutes and set up a match against Frenchwoman Camille Pin.
Many a plucked eyebrow was raised in the women's locker room at the French Open last year when Federer was asked who on the women's tour he most enjoyed watching. The style and substance of a Williams or two, perhaps? The grace of Mauresmo? Henin's heavenly backhand? Vaidisova, Jankovic, Sharapova, Ivanovic … take your pick of the glamazons of the game?
No, Svetlana Kuznetsova.
"I like her game, she plays well," Federer said.
This came as something of a surprise, not least to Kuznetsova, who, when told by Russian journalists, dismissed it as a joke, one she only gathered was for real after logging on to the internet and checking for herself. "If I would have to choose a compliment from anybody, it's definitely the best I ever heard," she said at the time. "Roger is a legend and to hear him say that is almost a dream. He's my hero."
Touching as the endorsement was, Kuznetsova is happy in the knowledge that she will never be singed by the spotlight's glare.
"I don't care about my profile, I care about my game," she said yesterday, a blunt assessment that brought a knowing chuckle from a Russian journalist. Kuznetsova knows her standing is high where it counts most to her - among her peers. Three years ago during this tournament, the Belgian sports minister caused a storm by announcing that she had failed a drugs test. The substance she tested positive for was ephedrine, a common ingredient in cough and cold remedies which is illegal in competition but permitted in charity events of the type Kuznetsova was contesting at the time.
The wave of support for the girl they know as "Koozy" was tidal, right up to WTA chief executive Larry Scott's attacking the politician, Claude Eerdekens, for not following procedures. Alicia Molik, then her doubles partner, was so disgusted at seeing the story on the front page of a tabloid newspaper in her local newsagent that she purchased every copy and threw them in the bin outside.
Yesterday, even Frenchwoman Dechy, an accomplished opponent who went within two points of a berth in the final here three years ago, could not find a harsh word for her. "She's definitely one of the nicest and friendliest girls on the tour. She's a friend. On court it's tough, but afterwards I'm still going to laugh with her.
"[And] her strokes take you back two steps. She's able to play an all-round game, come to the net, do everything. She has no major weaknesses."
Unlike several of the women's seeds yesterday, 10th seed Marion Bartoli among them.
The Frenchwoman who came from the clouds before losing to Venus Williams in last year's Wimbledon final was never comfortable against Swede Sofia Arvidsson, eventually losing 6-7 (3-7), 6-4, 6-3.
Sixth seed Anna Chakvetadze enjoyed an easy passage when her opponent, German Andrea Petkovic, retired with a right knee injury in the first game of their match.
Women's ninth seed Daniela Hantuchova survived a decent work out before downing American Vania King 6-3 7-5, and Marat Safin's 16th-seeded little sister, Dinara Safina, handed 18-year-old German Sabine Lisicki the best win of her career, going down in three sets.