Do you think Steffi Graf should make a comeback?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Stefi come back???

Yes - Singles 10 12.99%
Yes -Doubles 10 12.99%
No - should just leave us with her memorable career 57 74.03%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 03:37 AM   #1
country flag Zhao

Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Do you think Steffi Graf should make a comeback??

maybe she should come back n play so doubles??
Zhao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 04:18 PM   #2
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
no she should not!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:09 PM   #3
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
In doubles with Gabriela Sabatini
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:40 PM   #4
Steffica Greles

Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute
Steffi CAN'T come back, regardless of how much we would love to see her grace the tennis court once again.

I read about 9 months ago that she now has pretty serious pain in her legs whenever she tries to run or train. Basically, that last run in 1999 took out of her everything that she had left to give.

As I remember, she wasn't able to complete - or barely even start - her exhibition tour of the world in 2000, having retired the previous year.

I doubt, therefore, she'd be able to come back after all this time considering the state she was in only two years ago. Besides, she's got a young 'un to look after these days!
Steffica Greles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:29 PM   #5
country flag Nikki
Team WTAworld

Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold
I would like to see her play again but no she shouldn't make a comeback as she has a family now & tennis is not her priority anymore.

She was fortunate to retire on top of her game
Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:24 AM   #6
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
If she weren't suffering from the injuries I would love for her to play some limited doubles.

Graf/Tauziat would be an interesting team

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2002, 10:20 AM   #7
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
Maybe in 20 years Steffi can played mixed with Jaden
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:39 PM   #8
Lola

Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice
lol, irma!
Lola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:40 PM   #9
Lola

Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice Lola is just really nice
she should not! she should leave us with her memorable career!
Lola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2002, 04:49 AM   #10
essielewis

essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice essielewis is just really nice
Quote:
As I remember, she wasn't able to complete - or barely even start - her exhibition tour of the world in 2000, having retired the previous year.
Stef had to cut her exhibition tour short because she fell in Tokyo. However, before that she was able to play several exhibitions in South Africa, New Zealand and Japan. The European portion didn't happen because of the injury.

To answer the question: It doesn't matter what her fans think about Stef coming back to play tennis, she won't. She's far too busy with other things that are much more important.

But, I agree with Irma, maybe in a few years she can play mixed with Jaden Gil. They should be able to sell a few tickets to that one.
essielewis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2002, 01:42 PM   #11
country flag tarah

tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light
Never
Old Apr 21st, 2002, 05:04 PM   #12
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Hell, no!

I cherish my Steffi memories and want to keep them untarnished...can anyone say Bjorn Borg 1991??? I am sure Steffi would do much better than BB and wouldn't play with an old wooden Bancroft racket...haha!
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2002, 02:32 AM   #13
Ingridy

I don't think she will comeback... And I don't hope so , either....
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2002, 09:02 AM   #14
Countess

Countess is an unknown quantity at this point
No I think she has had a memorable career, and leave it that way. It was hard to accept when she left, because I was so used to having her there. But I think she chose the right time to go and she herself says she would never return back to the sport because her memory should be the way it is.

Its all very well for some players with whom tennis was their life. For example Martina N, sure its nice to see her playing doubles. But how long can you sustain it all your life and be at that top level?

It would be cool though to see Steffi play exibition matches, raising money for charity that sort of thing.

Now she has a business, a son. Is a married woman! Lots of new challenges for her!

I wish her the very best of success, she has given me so much enjoyment over the years. I would love to return the favour in some way!
Countess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2002, 12:40 AM   #15
country flag Scott Storm
Team WTAworld

Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice
It would only be embarrassing to watch her make a comeback, She is older, injured and the game has moved on!

I have seen clips of bjorgs comeback and they where painful and I feel steffi would have an equally painful comeback.