Alicia at Eastbourne - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2004, 04:36 AM   #1
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
Alicia at Eastbourne

grr for some shit reason alicia has to play quallies
which is stupid cos her current ranking is high enough for her to get straight in easy
o well here is her draw:
Molik [1] vs Castano
Craybas vs Callens
Stosur vs Ruano Pascual
Perry vs Garbin [7]

Asagoe [2] vs Jugic-Salkic
Grande vs Black
WC-Baltacha vs WC-O'Donoghue
Nagyova vs Tanasugarn [8]

Pratt [3] vs Douchevina
Bartoli vs Jidkova
WC-Webley-Smith vs Cohen-Aloro
Harkleroad vs Zheng [6]

Likhovtseva [4] vs Granville
Navratilova [WC] vs Santangelo
Reeves vs Casanova
Beltrame vs Obata [5]

so alicia will have to beat castano, craybas and the winner of stosur/perry
to get into the main draw
good match practise, but if she loses to one of these girls her confidence will be shattered for wimby

here is the main draw:
Mauresmo (1) - bye
Janes (WC) - Q
Raymond - Martinez
Keovathong (WC) - Maleeva (8)

Sugiyama (3) - bye
Safina - Q
Hantuchova (WC) - Frazier
Sprem - Smashnova-Pistolesi (6)

Farina Elia (5) - Bovina
Sanchez Lorenzo - Serna
Dechy - Zuluaga
bye - Zvonereva (4)

Schiavone (7) - Q
Pisnik - Dokic
Vento-Kabchi - Q
bye - Kuznetsova (2)

alicia has 2 options- if she gets vento or janes, she should have an easy win then play one of the top 2 seeds in second round
or if she gets schiavone or safina, the first match is tougher but she has a better chance of going further
personally i hope she gets safina cos i think she can get to the semis and then have another shot at amelie

but maybe im getting too far ahead of myself she could lose to castano tonight

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2004, 07:38 AM   #2
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Thats sux abot playing qualies

especaillly cause Sam is in same quarter

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 11:16 PM   #3
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
oh well alicia wasted no time today-handed out 3 bagels!
def castano 6-0, 6-0
def craybas 7-5, 6-0
final round vs perry

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 11:36 PM   #4
country flag skared

skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point skared is an unknown quantity at this point
FUUUUUUUUCK - I didn't realise she was playing, because I didn't see her on the entry list and she didn't play last year. A bit insulting she has to play qualies when she will be seeded next week. Ah well, GO ALICIA - more points!
skared is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #5
country flag strike86

strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice
She has qualified. I watched both her first 2 qualifying round matchs, and was chuffed with her performances I admit in the past few years I have grown to become a English Molik fan. I even stood near her when I was watching a match on the outside court. Sadly I was 2 nervous to go up to her to chat to her, but she seemed very friendly. Next time I see her I will chat to her. She beat Perry in the Final Qualifying Round. I was wondering is she popular or famous in Oz, like Henman is over here?

Present faves in no order: Shahar Peer, Heather Watson, Anne Keothavong, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Sabine Lisicki, Petra Kvitova, Jelena Jankovic, Maria Sharapova, Daniela Hantouchova

Missing: Anna Kournikova, Nicole Vaidisova, Amanda Coezter, Lindsay Davenport (though see her as BBC Wimbledon pundit these days), Monica Seles!
strike86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #6
country flag Mr_Molik

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike86
She has qualified. I watched both her first 2 qualifying round matchs, and was chuffed with her performances I admit in the past few years I have grown to become a English Molik fan. I even stood near her when I was watching a match on the outside court. Sadly I was 2 nervous to go up to her to chat to her, but she seemed very friendly. Next time I see her I will chat to her. She beat Perry in the Final Qualifying Round. I was wondering is she popular or famous in Oz, like Henman is over here?
awesome u got to see her. how is she playing?? how come it was such a close match?
next time u should definitely go talk to her, she is really nice
as for ur question, alicia's not huge in aussie (thats lleytons job) but most non-tennis fans would of probably heard of her

Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:58 PM   #7
country flag Mr_Molik

final rd qualifying: alicia def perry 6-2, 3-6, 7-5
u scared me so much alicia

alicia has been drawn to play the number 7 seed schiavone- i think alicia will be too strong on grass, plus she has already played 6 matches on it to schiavones 0
go alicia

Old Jun 14th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #8
country flag strike86

strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice strike86 is just really nice
I did not see the final qualifying round. But I saw the first two. The first qualy Ailcia played was the most one sided match I ever saw, she won 6-0 6-0, and the second match was a bit close in the first set, but then her guns were blazing in the second and ahe did some pretty good winning shots, and won comfortably.

I am hoping she can cause a surprise run to the final in singles or doubles as I will be at Eastbourne on Saturday for the final. Thanks for answering my question.

Come on Ailcia

Present faves in no order: Shahar Peer, Heather Watson, Anne Keothavong, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Sabine Lisicki, Petra Kvitova, Jelena Jankovic, Maria Sharapova, Daniela Hantouchova

Missing: Anna Kournikova, Nicole Vaidisova, Amanda Coezter, Lindsay Davenport (though see her as BBC Wimbledon pundit these days), Monica Seles!
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 08:00 AM   #9
country flag MS

MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future
I'm surprised that Alicia and Magüi beat Husarova/Martínez yesterday in doubles. Well done girls!
MS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 08:42 AM   #10
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Go Alicia
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 09:06 AM   #11
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Cmon Alicia !!!!

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #12
country flag Mr_Molik

great win for alicia/magui
looks like theyre picking their form back up for wimby!
CMON ALICIA TONIGHT

Old Jun 15th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #13
country flag Aussie_Kim

Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all
WTF? Quallies!
OKay maybe this NSW air has made me crazy!
Well hope she does heaps well!

Best of Luck in 2007 to: Kim & Bryan, Lleyton, Alicia, Todd, Sam, Chris, Casey, Wayne, Kirsten & all the other Aussies & injured players.
Aussie_Kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #14
country flag strike86

Bad news everyone Schiavone edged Molik 26 75 76(2) . Sadly I was not there to watch it. I am disapointed. She should have been given direct entry to the draw. Shes still in the doubles though. Hope she can reach the final in doubles so i can watch her, and have a chance to meet her. If I do I will say hi to her from all you guys.

Old Jun 15th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #15
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Thx

Poor Miss Molik

Go Alicia/Magui
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote