future of tennis? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #1
country flag relax

relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about
future of tennis?

in the midst of all this talk of who's gonna win and so on, let's just talk about the future of women's tennis
I resd people talking about sharapova - she is NOT the future of women's tennis
we've seen "power tennis" taken to new levels since seles introduced it and the two williams really perfected it
It's time to see something new - just like men's tennis have something different in federer , women's tennis needs someone with something truly special and magical
sharapova - come on man - she can hardly play a good dropshot
kirilenko, golovin, sharapova are some great names for the future - probably top ten but i'm still not seeing anything different ( of course there is HENIN - but i am talking younger players)
like for instance HINGIS - i am not a fan of hers, not at all - but at least she came with something different - your views????????????
relax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #2
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by relax
in the midst of all this talk of who's gonna win and so on, let's just talk about the future of women's tennis
I resd people talking about sharapova - she is NOT the future of women's tennis
we've seen "power tennis" taken to new levels since seles introduced it and the two williams really perfected it
It's time to see something new - just like men's tennis have something different in federer , women's tennis needs someone with something truly special and magical
sharapova - come on man - she can hardly play a good dropshot
kirilenko, golovin, sharapova are some great names for the future - probably top ten but i'm still not seeing anything different ( of course there is HENIN - but i am talking younger players)
like for instance HINGIS - i am not a fan of hers, not at all - but at least she came with something different - your views????????????
1. This should be in general messages.
2. Who are you to say that Sharapova won't be the future of women's tennis?

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #3
country flag relax

relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about relax has a spectacular aura about
today i bet on shaul and she lost to craybas ( a player from the old generation)
i think this symbolic of the current women's tennis - more players than before and a lot of players who can beat each other but with few really special players
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #4
country flag relax

sharapova has a mechanical game...she hits the ball great but she's playing a game which has already been perfected by seles and williams - this is not the future because everybody's playing like that
by the way she can' t play dropshots, volleys and really "felt " shots like hingis, federer
this is just my view - she will definitely be top 10 and maybe win grand slams - beacuse if myskina can do it she can also - but i'm bored by their tennis - nothing new
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #5
country flag bozmanova

bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point
So she cant be the future of womens tennis because she cant hit a dropshot?
bozmanova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 04:51 AM   #6
Dokicfan17

Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold
haha, since when is this dropshot a must have weapon hehe damn its 1 am i thin k im headin over to the courts to practide my dropper cuz my big serve and big strokes dont matter....same for masha....................big game..smig game lol............no drop shot....no undies
Dokicfan17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #7
country flag relax

hehe...funny put in that way but it just symbolises her mechanic game and the fact that she only has one style of play - a style which has already been perfected to a great extent by seles and then followingly the two williams sisters - sharapova will never have the physique of the williams sister - therefore a new game is needed
or are we simply in for a poor standard within women's tennis - if myskina can win a slam a lot of players can win it - there's nothing truly special out there - can't remember one match at the french - because there was nothing special
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #8
country flag Morpheus

Morpheus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
hehe...funny put in that way but it just symbolises her mechanic game and the fact that she only has one style of play - a style which has already been perfected to a great extent by seles and then followingly the two williams sisters - sharapova will never have the physique of the williams sister - therefore a new game is needed
or are we simply in for a poor standard within women's tennis - if myskina can win a slam a lot of players can win it - there's nothing truly special out there - can't remember one match at the french - because there was nothing special

I think you have not seen the matches at the french indeed the french is the best grand slam,during the 2004 edition there were marvelous matches ,physically and mentally this slam require much.I could see all the matches and I have seen memorable matches.I am ok Sharapova does not provide something new technically but I think like the new generation she gathers power and technic.
Morpheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #9
Gus

Gus is an unknown quantity at this point Gus is an unknown quantity at this point Gus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtafan_7
1. This should be in general messages.
2. Who are you to say that Sharapova won't be the future of women's tennis?
Why are you so immature... This is a place of dialogue, for god's sake... It is not about who one is to say something, just about sharing one's views...
hellooooo.
Amelie Mauresmo, Marion Bartoli, Nathalie Dechy, Tatiana Golovin, Celine Beigbeder, Virginie Razzano, Emilie Loit, Stephanie Foretz, Camille Pin, Elodie LeBescond ... and the other beautiful French girls...
Gus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 06:03 PM   #10
country flag Hiko

Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light Hiko is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe not Serena...

Quote:
Any reason you can't compare her physique to Venus?

I think it's probably imprudent to start judging the career of a 17 year old before it has begun. Maybe her game will stay the way it is now - and she will therefore probably be a solid Top 10 player that is not "The Future of Tennis". Or maybe she will continue to grow and develop her game, and she will indeed become the "Future of Tennis".

But I think she's got all the physical tools needed. Mental and skill tools can be developed.
Hiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #11
country flag relax

exactly gus it's just a place of dialogue, no need to take anything personal
about the french open the final rounds were really disappointing
the final was terrible and so were teh semi-finals and these are the matches which are supposed to sell the game
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 07:28 PM   #12
Tennis Fan 007

Tennis Fan 007 is an unknown quantity at this point Tennis Fan 007 is an unknown quantity at this point Tennis Fan 007 is an unknown quantity at this point Tennis Fan 007 is an unknown quantity at this point Tennis Fan 007 is an unknown quantity at this point Tennis Fan 007 is an unknown quantity at this point
The dropshot is a useful shot and it CAN be a weapon!
What if your opponent who can't run very well, hits you a short ball? You could either block it back, drive it down the line or cross court, or you could hit a deadly dropshot that could possibly turn into a winner. I mean it's not something to PRACTICE but you know it could be a weapon especially if it has some backspin
Tennis Fan 007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #13
country flag bozmanova

bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point bozmanova is an unknown quantity at this point
No one said it cant be a weapon, its just not a must have.
bozmanova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #14
country flag sarza

sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future
Quote:
today i bet on shaul and she lost to craybas ( a player from the old generation)
i think this symbolic of the current women's tennis - more players than before and a lot of players who can beat each other but with few really special players

claudine wasnt playing very well as she had just come out of hospital. If claudine was 100% fit she would have kicked butt.
sarza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote