How popular is NFL Europe in europe? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 07:39 PM   #1
country flag volley1

volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light
How popular is NFL Europe in europe?

I'm just curious because for years there was talk of much of a bust it was and how much money the NFL was losing. But now that seems to have changed somewhat. So euros, do you like it , do you go to the games, do you understand the game? Do the teams give you free tickets to the games? Because the stadiums though not full, do seem to have good crowds. Are the games attended by a lot of american expatriots?

Last edited by volley1 : Jun 6th, 2004 at 07:45 PM.
volley1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 07:48 PM   #2
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
not really. i don't really like/watch it. i prefer the NFL stateside for some reason.
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #3
country flag Avid Merrion

Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute
been to see the Scottish Claymores a couple of times when they played at Murrayfield in Edinburgh. bit weird being in a 67,500 capacity stadium with about 2,000 punters in it.
they've moved to Hampden Park in Glasgow with a capacity of 52,000, but the crowds are still pretty small.
it's not really of much interest to me, but the fans that go regularly are VERY into it. seemed to be mostly Scots when i went.
Avid Merrion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:00 PM   #4
country flag volley1

volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
not really. i don't really like/watch it. i prefer the NFL stateside for some reason.
Are you a hardcore fan or just a casual one? What's your favorite team/player?
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:03 PM   #5

Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute Avid Merrion has a reputation beyond repute
i didn't answer 2 of your questions.
i have a vague understanding of the game and the times i went it was on free tickets, though they only cost about £5.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #6
country flag volley1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
i didn't answer 2 of your questions.
i have a vague understanding of the game and the times i went it was on free tickets, though they only cost about £5.
I figured they were giving them tickets away.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by volley1
I figured they were giving them tickets away.
yeah, they give them away and still can't fill the place up!
i don't think anything will ever be able to compete with football (soccer) over here
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:19 PM   #8
country flag volley1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
yeah, they give them away and still can't fill the place up!
i don't think anything will ever be able to compete with football (soccer) over here
You're right. Football(american) is my favorite sport of all. But I think it is almost too american for the rest of the world to like.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #9
country flag Carolina Girl

Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm an in between fan of the NFL...favorite teams include the panthers in the NFC and the Colts in the AFC..players..wow there is a bunch of them ok i'll tell you one of my favs that don't play for either the panthers or the colts...Farve gotta love his heart

rawr.
Carolina Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #10
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
casual fan really. if it's on, i'll watch it.

team i like the most = Falcons, player i like most = Michael Vick, when i went to FL @ xmas the Falcons were playing Tampa Bay so i had to keep my support on the DL
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:29 PM   #11

Quote:
You're right. Football(american) is my favorite sport of all. But I think it is almost too american for the rest of the world to like.
i'm always right!
i dunno about it being too American, it just seems to stop and start too much for my liking. plus the rules are but i suppose that's because we didn't grow up watching it.
watching sports takes up too much of my time to allow me to get hooked on anything else
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #12
country flag volley1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
casual fan really. if it's on, i'll watch it.

team i like the most = Falcons, player i like most = Michael Vick, when i went to FL @ xmas the Falcons were playing Tampa Bay so i had to keep my support on the DL
Vicks the man he just needs to learn pass better.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM   #13
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute
it would surprise me if Belgium even has a team playing it, let alone a league!

I don't have a clue how the rules go and I never even tried to figger them out, I don't even now what the goal is exactly. I would not be able to name one famous team or player. It's never on tv here (I mean the USA-version). I'm somebody who is into all sports, so I'm sure I'm not the only one here in belgium, it's just that NFL is as popular as curling here (at least I understand the rules of curling )
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #14
country flag Carolina Girl

Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute Carolina Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Vicks the man he just needs to learn pass better.
yep...he is a good running qb..along with mcnabb..but i like vick better than mcnabb

rawr.
Carolina Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #15
country flag volley1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~zelda~
I'm an in between fan of the NFL...favorite teams include the panthers in the NFC and the Colts in the AFC..players..wow there is a bunch of them ok i'll tell you one of my favs that don't play for either the panthers or the colts...Farve gotta love his heart
I'm from South Carolina so I like the Panthers somewhat but my favorite teams are the Steelers, 49ers, and the Bears. My favorite players are all the good running backs except Emitt Smith as I hate the Cowboys