Sharapova - Very Vulnerable This Week? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #1
Ian S

Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts
Sharapova - Very Vulnerable This Week?

I know she did well here last year but her exit from Paris was so dismal I feel she has a lot to prove this week. There is going to be a lot of pressure as she is sure to be marketed as the tournament's main draw. Such was her lack of effort against Suarez no doubt all her opponents will be looking to force her to play one more shot time and again. The serve needs more consistency; the hooked forehand looked far from solid and that swinging drive volley is another shot that could easily break down but above all she needs to show an ability to scrap when things are not going well. I fear the worst but it will be interesting to get some unbiased reports on her appetite for the battle.
Ian S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #2
country flag Melly Flew Us

Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future
i saw her live @ wimbledon last yr and she's pretty intense and has a large 'appetite for the battle'.

however, there is no doubt the key is whether the disappointing qf loss will affect her solid/impressive grass court play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
Let's just put it like this, there is Justine Bieber (I just threw up a little) who has little girls screaming all over him and no doubt he has a huge following on facebook. Justine is newer superstar to the music industry who is hyped far beyond his talent.

Then you have Michael Jackson & that name speaks for itself, no hype needed at all.
Melly Flew Us is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #3
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
she may be vulnerable if someone finds the confidence and stamina to play the way paola did against maria. yet i don't think it will matter. her shots are so huge on the grass.

against paola, it olooked like they were playing on bubble gum it was moving so slowly.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 06:13 PM   #4
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future
I don't think Sharapova will miss a beat. In my mind, she overachieved in Paris, reaching the quarterfinals on arguably her worst surface. I think she will do well on the grass and may very well win the title at Birmingham.
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 07:32 AM   #5
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Maria

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 02:10 AM   #6
country flag SuperRevelation

SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough SuperRevelation is a jewel in the rough
You can do it Maria
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 07:19 AM   #7
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem
I don't think Sharapova will miss a beat. In my mind, she overachieved in Paris, reaching the quarterfinals on arguably her worst surface. I think she will do well on the grass and may very well win the title at Birmingham.
I agree. I was actually surprised that she even got to the QF at RG seeing shes not very good on clay. She wasnt expected to put up a fight against Paola, whos a clay courter.
I think she will win the title here, because its grass and shes more comfortable on it, and her game suits this surface more than clay.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #8
Ian S

Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts Ian S is infamous around these parts
I would hardly suggest beating Weingartner to reach the quarters was an over achievement. As for the quarter final she was favourite with every bookmaker to beat Suarez and as short as 4/9 in places. She lost against Suarez because she hit so few balls into court and seemingly made very little effort. Given the level of opposition it is very difficult to read too much into her two victories so far this week but I will be very surprised if she betters the quarters at Wimbledon.
Ian S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 06:22 PM   #9
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, she's the one to beat this week. She'll bounce back from the RG loss.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #10
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian S
I would hardly suggest beating Weingartner to reach the quarters was an over achievement. As for the quarter final she was favourite with every bookmaker to beat Suarez and as short as 4/9 in places. She lost against Suarez because she hit so few balls into court and seemingly made very little effort. Given the level of opposition it is very difficult to read too much into her two victories so far this week but I will be very surprised if she betters the quarters at Wimbledon.
She was only the favourite because she is overhyped. People arent aware that she sucks on clay compared to other surfaces. But grass is a different story. She just thrashed Molik whos a good grasscourter and a contender for the title, so i guess that'll put an end to speculation that she is vulnerable.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #11
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian S
I will be very surprised if she betters the quarters at Wimbledon.
I wasn't surprised that she went past the quarters, but I was surprised that she won the whole thing -- especially with such dominating play from the second set of the Davenport match through the final.

I guess it's time to stop saying she's overhyped!
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 08:47 PM   #12
country flag ezeredil

ezeredil is an unknown quantity at this point
mi amor

maria te amo..........
espero que algun dia vengas a la argentina y poder hablar con vos personalmente.
ezeredil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote