Maria withdraws from JPMorgan Chase Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 09:37 PM   #1
adele_eve

adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point adele_eve is an unknown quantity at this point
Maria withdraws from JPMorgan Chase Open

"When I originally planned my ambitious summer schedule, I dreamed about - but didn't count on - winning Wimbledon," she said. "I want to make sure that I stay strong and play at my highest level for the rest of the season and beyond. So ... we have made the difficult decision to change my schedule to allow me to get some mandatory rest and recovery time."

Maria as some very good advicers around her and I think withdrawing from the tournament is so wise. It would be so easy for her to burn out after winning Wimbledon because her life is so hectic at the moment and shes now going to be one of the main crowd pullers. A lot of people can see dollar/pound signs when they look at her and want her to play regardless of how tired physically and mentally she is feeling.

I mean we've seen it happen to so many girls, Kournikova, Hingis and Hantuchova are some of the most recent casualties. Luckily Hantuchova has picked herself up after the bad episode of last year and is playing some good tennis again and it seems shes come out the other end a stronger woman.

I think Marias decision shows just how commited to the game she is and moves like this hopefully means she'll be around a long time.
adele_eve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote