Monique Adamczak Cheering Thread - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #181
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Monique Adamczak Cheering Thread

Yes I agree, but still that was an awful loss this week

3 first rounders in a row in winnable fields. I hope she picks it up these next few weeks. I see she has pulled out of the Aussie 25K's and will stick it out in the states and Mexico. Here's hoping that her good year finishes on a high and not a low.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #182
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

I think she may have the dreaded Aussie trait of 'dropping her head' when things are going bad. She had a similar bad run last year.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #183
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute

Well she is seeded again this week so hopefully Herself and Lauren can win a couple of matches in singles !!

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #184
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Bump

Id expect Mon to be pumping the weights in preparation for the play-off camp. She'll need all the strength she can get after her very poor end to the year. A top 200 was hers and then a string of poor results

Maybe the only one that can push Alicia, however it would be no surprise if she fell in the first rnd

For 2007 she has a HUGE load of points to defend to June. 3 25K finals. If she remains around her rank after June 2007 that would be a good effort.
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #185
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Despite a limp finish to 2006, this still has been her best ever year. Broke the top 230 and managed to finish inside the top 250 for the first time. Don't forget she was in amazngly crappy form this time last year (a loss to Lauren Cheung in SA $25K anyone?), but turned it around to almost win the WC playoff a few weeks later.

She should've stayed in Oz to try to break the top 200, but I can probably see her point of view. You should try to grind it out overseas, because as Lesley Bowrey recently said, you won't become a great player by staying in Australia.
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 01:24 AM   #186
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Monique can do well at the Play off.

Hopefully can win some matches over the summer and take some of the pressure off defending her points.

Interesting to see what sort of schedule she plays next year!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #187
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
She should've stayed in Oz to try to break the top 200, but I can probably see her point of view. You should try to grind it out overseas, because as Lesley Bowrey recently said, you won't become a great player by staying in Australia.
I tend to think that you try and get the cheap points when you can. A top 200 spot can really give you a good position for the 50 and 75K's and even some WTA quallies. Then you make the overseas run with that confidence behind you.

BUT the way she played, she would've struggled in Oz too.

I think she's had a long year and was exhausted by her big schedule. Her game is quite taxing. Everything is smacked with the cover off it and I was amazed with the effort she puts into her backhand. I would've liked her to remain in the US or Mexico and play those last couple of tournies just to try and turn the corner with her form.

However a win on saturday will be enough to rebound Id say. A loss
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #188
country flag TS

Where's Monique?

She withdrew from the Gold Coast WC play-off, and isn't in the qualy draw. All signs point to an injury, so I hope she's fit for the Aus Open.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #189
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

I bloody hope not! She needs to go through another season injury free, altho it would explain some dodgy losses of late!

Hopefully she is back at sydney or hobart next week!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #190
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute

She be a great chance for Oz open . . . is she on the Auckland lists ??

or perhaps Pratt got into MD on own ranking and Monique got Pratt's WC

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #191
country flag broncosven

Monique adamzack d Barrios 62 76

GO MONIQUE !!!!!

Her backhand was on fire today, absolutely rock solid throughout the entire match. Monique played the bigger points better and you could tell that she wanted it more out there. barrious came to the net quite a lot when i was watching and her shots were finding the right areas to come in and monique usually hit a passing winner. After Monique won the last point she screamed out and punched her fist at the ground. BOO YAA !!!

(definately should get a Oz open WC)

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #192
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosven View Post
Monique adamzack d Barrios 62 76

GO MONIQUE !!!!!

Her backhand was on fire today, absolutely rock solid throughout the entire match. Monique played the bigger points better and you could tell that she wanted it more out there. barrious came to the net quite a lot when i was watching and her shots were finding the right areas to come in and monique usually hit a passing winner. After Monique won the last point she screamed out and punched her fist at the ground. BOO YAA !!!

(definately should get a Oz open WC)
Thanks Bronco

Good that her run of bad losses hasn't detered her and that she's kept her best tennis for the real stuff!
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #193
country flag TS

Yeah I'm pleased she got a good win

Must do wonders for her confidence!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:28 AM   #194
country flag broncosven

Monique got the last WC in Oz open

BOO YAA !!!!!

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #195
country flag TS

Awesome

Her match against Peng was much closer than the score suggests. She lost 6-4 6-1 in 90 minutes, so it was a tough battle out there. A telling story was that she converted only one break point out of 13 opportunities - just shows the difference in level between the two players. Very disappointing stat, but a great effort regardless. She really took it to a class player today