Monique Adamczak Cheering Thread - Page 119 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #1771
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future
Re: Monique Adamczak Cheering Thread

good! GL in final!
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #1772
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik View Post
mon went down 76(5) 62
i guess jarmila is just that little bit mentally tougher than our girls
still a great week do we know what her ranking will rise to?
I stumbled across this while I was reading the first few pages for funzies. It made me
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #1773
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Would love Mon to win the final tomorrow. She would be back in the top 200 then! She's already going to pass Konta in the rankings. A really great effort from Mon
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #1774
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ She was defending 50K final points from last year, so yes, the ranking would rise, but not too dramatically. Either way hopefully its enough for Wimbledon & Birmingham quallies.
Old May 20th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1775
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Wonder if Monique can contact Casey and find out how this Chinese opponent plays. Casey lost to her once and then defeated on her way to the title last week. I would love it if Monique could bag this title. 10 out of 10 for persistence when most would have retired long ago......
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #1776
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

A great week for Mon but she goes down in the final 7-5 6-2.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1777
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Monique plays in Polish Summer League next week (on red clay with Zaniewska, Kania and some others in the company).

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #1778
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

A nice doubles title in Brazil $25K for Mon last week. It's her 3rd ITF doubles title this year, lifting her ranking well inside the top 200.

Still close to making it back into the top 200 in singles too. Let's hope for a good week this week! She won her R1 easily 6-2 6-2 over Montserrat Gonzalez who was a top 5 ranked junior earlier this year.

Go Mon!
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1779
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

I watched Monique play up until the rain delay today.
She was down I think 3-5 in the 1st set. She played an awesome 1st 3 points, winners off everything. Came out really quickly. Just as quickly lost it though & was down a break right up to the end of the set. Came back well though.
Her serve is fucking awesome right now. She served at least 3 aces in the 1 game at 1 stage.
The forehand's looking good & she's not overdoing it too often. She's hit some beautiful backhand winners, mainly across court.
Sirotkina is a good player, but the variety from Monique, massive topspin, slice etc. looks a little too much for Sirotkina.
Mon's been keeping really good depth on her groundies too, has come to the net a few times & not stuffed anything up there. Her backhand volley, in particular short/drop volleys off that side are looking beautiful. She really should go to net more.
She has a tendency to go for absolutely crazy groundstroke winners at times, thus producing some really shite errors when she didn't need to.
All in all, something would have to go really wrong (eg. her forms drops to the level it did in AO WC final) or Sirotkina would have to receive some awesome advice from her coach (though I don't see there's really anything she could do anyway) for Monique to lose this one. She's clearly the better player of the 2.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #1780
country flag Territory

I hope you didn't speak too soon. They played a bit more n mon is now down break point at 4-4 with another rain delay.

Sliced crosscourt from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #1781
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Mon's always had game, but she's a good choker, and always tenses up when trying to close out a match! I hope you haven't jinxed her too! I did notice the high ace count though, must be serving well!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #1782
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
I watched Monique play up until the rain delay today.
She was down I think 3-5 in the 1st set. She played an awesome 1st 3 points, winners off everything. Came out really quickly. Just as quickly lost it though & was down a break right up to the end of the set. Came back well though.
Her serve is fucking awesome right now. She served at least 3 aces in the 1 game at 1 stage.
The forehand's looking good & she's not overdoing it too often. She's hit some beautiful backhand winners, mainly across court.
Sirotkina is a good player, but the variety from Monique, massive topspin, slice etc. looks a little too much for Sirotkina.
Mon's been keeping really good depth on her groundies too, has come to the net a few times & not stuffed anything up there. Her backhand volley, in particular short/drop volleys off that side are looking beautiful. She really should go to net more.
She has a tendency to go for absolutely crazy groundstroke winners at times, thus producing some really shite errors when she didn't need to.
All in all, something would have to go really wrong (eg. her forms drops to the level it did in AO WC final) or Sirotkina would have to receive some awesome advice from her coach (though I don't see there's really anything she could do anyway) for Monique to lose this one. She's clearly the better player of the 2.
Thanks for the report. In isolated points Monique is awesome, unfortunately the pieces don't come together enough during the entire match. Most players, particularly those ranked higher would know that they just have to hang in there enough against Mon and she'll usually press too hard.

But she's a set up in this match so hopefully she carries on to play the winner of Pervak or Glatch.
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #1783
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Nah, I won't have jinxed her. If she loses, she was going to anyway.
It'll also be on her racquet, not her opponents. The Russian is solid & consistent enough, that if Mon starts choking or tenses up, that'll be it. If Mon keeps playing the way she was up to the 1st rain delay, then she'll be fine.
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #1784
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Thanks for the report. In isolated points Monique is awesome, unfortunately the pieces don't come together enough during the entire match. Most players, particularly those ranked higher would know that they just have to hang in there enough against Mon and she'll usually press too hard.

But she's a set up in this match so hopefully she carries on to play the winner of Pervak or Glatch.
You're welocme loulou

Another positive about this match is that neither of them have had their coach on court. Bobusic would've had her's out there 2 or 3 times.

Pratty was there too, coaching Arina. During Arina's post match chat with Pratty. Pratty ran up to Mon as Mon was getting settled and gave her some encouragement and shook her hand.
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #1785
louloubelle

^ Nice by Nicole :-)

Nicole is either still working with the Rodi sisters officially/unofficially or just stepping as the TA coach. Either way, hopefully she can bring some consistency into Arina's game.