Monique Adamczak Cheering Thread - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #1741
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Monique Adamczak Cheering Thread

This was always going to be a big ask, but Mon lost 6-4 3-6 6-1. Pretty decent effort against a top 40 player if you ask me.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 7th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #1742
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Thats an awesome effort. Hopfully she is finding form.
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #1743
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Mon has entered the $75k in Dubai using her PR. Would be great if she could grind out a win or two.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:16 AM   #1744
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Not in the Bendigo draw, was hoping she was in Toyota but not there either
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #1745
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she was fit to play Brissy but it must be heart breaking with such a close loss....if only she could of kept it going when she was 5-1 up in that opening set t/b still as some have said in other threads it proves she can compete with top 100 players...hopefully she can get a win in sydney qualies before AO...surely this will see her safe for a qualies wildcard...
|
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #1746
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Glad she was fit to play Brissy but it must be heart breaking with such a close loss....if only she could of kept it going when she was 5-1 up in that opening set t/b still as some have said in other threads it proves she can compete with top 100 players...hopefully she can get a win in sydney qualies before AO...surely this will see her safe for a qualies wildcard...
Well put. Hopeful Mon will perform well in Sydney and will be awarded an AO Q WC. Be great if she could pull something huge out of the bag next week and get a look in for the main draw.....would be a tough ask though to sneak in over Bobusic and Holland
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #1747
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

She's always been able to compete with the top 100... unfortunately these type of losses have been littered through Mon's career
She plays her best tennis when losing and goes in her shell when she's ahead

Such a roller coaster match for her!
Two breaks down in the 1st set, then gets it back on serve and drops a 5-1 lead in the t/b to lose 7-5
Runs through the 2nd set and probably shouldn't have lost the 2 games she did
Jumps to a early service break, from 3-1, loses 4 games in a row, and from 40-0 down at 3-5 gets back to 5 all. From 5-6, squanders a 40-0 lead on serve to lose 7-5. Cant recall such a topsy turvy match

Hopefully she gets a shot at Sydney and the AO quallies too.
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 11:51 PM   #1748
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Monique was never up 5-1 in that tb. The scoreboard operator stuffed up and this translated to the livescores, even after the scoreboard had been corrected. She was 4-2 when they changed ends. This then went to 4-4, then 5-4 Mon.

I saw Mon play the same stage, I think 2 years ago against a Chinese. Mon played way better than that this time. This was one of the best matches I'd ever seen her play, with the exception of the first 6 games of the match.

Her downfall was foot faulting. Many, many foot faults.

After having watched the Bobusic match, I can say that Monique has tones more talent than these younger Aussie girls. She was unfortunate not to win.
Just like Bobusic, if she had a much better serve, things would've been different. All Mon's groundstrokes were on fire. Unlucky to win against a class player, who came out firing.

I have no doubt that Mon is one of our best chances for a MD AO win, should she be given the chance.

I saw bits of Peers' and Hollands' matches. It was pretty much the same old for them. Mon though is way, way more talented and shouldn't be penalised anymore for her time out of the game for injury.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 07:14 AM   #1749
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
Monique was never up 5-1 in that tb. The scoreboard operator stuffed up and this translated to the livescores, even after the scoreboard had been corrected. She was 4-2 when they changed ends. This then went to 4-4, then 5-4 Mon.

I saw Mon play the same stage, I think 2 years ago against a Chinese. Mon played way better than that this time. This was one of the best matches I'd ever seen her play, with the exception of the first 6 games of the match.

After having watched the Bobusic match, I can say that Monique has tones more talent than these younger Aussie girls. She was unfortunate not to win.
Just like Bobusic, if she had a much better serve, things would've been different. All Mon's groundstrokes were on fire. Unlucky to win against a class player, who came out firing.

I have no doubt that Mon is one of our best chances for a MD AO win, should she be given the chance.

I saw bits of Peers' and Hollands' matches. It was pretty much the same old for them. Mon though is way, way more talented and shouldn't be penalised anymore for her time out of the game for injury.
Lovely to see you back Sean!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM   #1750
country flag ozfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
Lovely to see you back Sean!
Agreed

and thanks for the match reports...
|
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM   #1751
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post

Thanks Sean

In patches Mon can be very good, though her game, for mine, is just too brittle when it counts and I forsee more of the same, not a change in fortunes. I can't believe she is still foot faulting which was a problem 3 years ago.

She's not far out of Sydney quallies so hopefully she gets in.

Fingers crossed for a injury-free season.
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #1752
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

she lost in 2 sets yesterday.. what is her next tournaments?
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #1753
louloubelle

Has got Puchkova today. Played her several years ago at the AO 1R and jumped to a 3-0 lead, to then capitulate and lose 4-6 0-6. Should make a better match of it today. Puchkova has spent quite alot of time playing WTT, at one stage with Rennae Stubbs, but I think can be a bit of a head-case. Hopefully Mon can play near her best and get the win!
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #1754
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

She is 0-3 against her but i believe Olga was ranked much higher in all of those matches. She sits just inside the top 200 at the moment. Hopefully Mon can tough it out, would be great to get 40 points and then be inside the top 200 by the end of the 3 25k's in Feb.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 03:33 AM   #1755
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely interview with Mon after her Burnie R1 win over Pemra Ozgen:

Talks about her match, the past couple of years and her plans for this year.

And Marija Mirkovic cooked her salmon the night before. Aww....