I feel the worst for.......... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:36 AM   #1
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
I feel the worst for..........

Momo. Although the sisters are my faves I feel really bad for Momo to lose. I really though she was in a "bubble" and wouldn't feel pressure until the final maybe. It must be tough to go through this year after year in your home country. Yeah, The WS and Justine all lost early too, but they are also multiple GS champions and have confidence they will win more. This just sucks for Amelie. I was hoping for either her or Paola to win after the sisters were knocked off. Bounce back Momo.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:39 AM   #2
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. The French public puts so much pressure on her that it starts looking like a duty rather than game. But for the second in row that pressure doesn't have much to do with her loss. She was outplayed - plain and simple.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:40 AM   #3
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute
She will, once she gets off home soil.

I don't think her loss today had much to do with all the pressure, though. She was simply outplayed by someone who was more aggressive and precise. Mauresmo really needs to learn to come to net more because she is naturally an excellent net player and she must avoid being caught in a defensive role in back-court rallies, as she did today and against Davenport in Amelia Island. I also think she should improve that serve, although with her bad back, I understand how difficult it is for her to work on that part of her game.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:42 AM   #4
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
I agree. The French public puts so much pressure on her that it starts looking like a duty rather than game. But for the second in row that pressure doesn't have much to do with her loss. She was outplayed - plain and simple.
Oh I saw that ED beat her into the ground, but Momo was "supposed" to win.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:44 AM   #5
saah1608

saah1608 is an unknown quantity at this point
I second and third it. Not the biggest fan of momo, but I felt like this was as good as opportunities get in terms of taking one for the home team. I just knew she was going to take advantage. Elena is good but, but damn momo opportunities such as these with the willies, the belgians and so forth gone, you are suppose to cruise to victory. It was a bad day for the favorites, but I still sense a little choking on momo's part. This was hers to lose and she did.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:49 AM   #6
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not an Amelie fan by any stretch of the imagination but I wouldn't have been mad if she won the whole tournament.
Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:57 AM   #7
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by saah1608
. It was a bad day for the favorites, but I still sense a little choking on momo's part. This was hers to lose and she did.
You see, you can claim "choking" when a player has self-destructed, but it was not the case. She was outhit. She was not in control of the match. Dementieva was.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:59 AM   #8
country flag Knizzle

This is not an arguing thread people.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:04 AM   #9
country flag - L i n a -

- L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about - L i n a - has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
You see, you can claim "choking" when a player has self-destructed, but it was not the case. She was outhit. She was not in control of the match. Dementieva was.
I don't know if Amelie "choked", but she definitely played "not to lose".

Certainly, some of the reason for that goes to Lena though... with her impressive backcourt game.
- L i n a - is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:05 AM   #10
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute
I felt kinda bad for Momo as well. This was the best opportunity she was going to get to win here with the draw opening up and she knew it. You could tell that she was panicking towards the end of the match showing more emotion. With that said, Im just really happy that Elena came through because frankly, I was rooting for her to win. I hope she can win the whole thing now.

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:06 AM   #11
country flag Knizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by - L i n a -
I don't know if Amelie "choked", but she definitely played "not to lose".

Certainly, some of the reason for that goes to Lena though... with her impressive backcourt game.
I agree.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:13 AM   #12
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute
It was strange. After the Sisters lost I left the house to run the necessary errands. When I returned in the evening I logged on, hoping to verify that Momo was in the semis. Finding out the opposite made me realise just how much I wanted her to take this opportunity.

Seh and Kim will be pulling at my heart strings for some time. Hope either one can get that Win soon.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:30 AM   #13
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
It was half choking and looking very worried about losing. You did watch
the entire match "live" right? Well..I did, and she hit some really tepid
shots into net, and balls were going out of the lines. This is the person
that doesn't miss on clay, and there she was looking as scared as JCF,
JHH and Agassi last week. A very dark cloud hovering over her head
during the entire 2 sets.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:33 AM   #14
country flag Jericho

Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone else find today rather amusing? Even though my two faves lost.
I logged on and checked the roland garros official page listings of women's completed matches...looking the results of all 4 matches at once made me laugh until my stomach hurt

Jericho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:48 AM   #15
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
yeah I do feel for Amelie too... in fact, I wasn't taking seriously all those discussions about her feeling pressure. I thought after so many years playing there, she really should be ready for any kind of pressure.

maybe, winning another Slam first (like AO) could help her in the future to win FO