Of the four matches, Dementieva played the best !!! :) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 06:56 PM   #1
country flag New

New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Of the four matches, Dementieva played the best !!! :)

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but comparing all four matches, Dementieva vs Mauresmo was the best!

Firstly, the other three were just patient and smart play by opponents to wait for the aggressive player to self destruct with inaccurate shots...

It is very smart to do that...but I dun wish for it to be a trend and every match in the future to be all patient play...and all matches will be 3-4 hours...if none of the players go for the attack...

Even though Sharapova, Venus, Serena lost their matches, they tried and went for broke...just not accurate though...Credit to them for at least trying!

Paola was good but Sharapova gave more points away (40 unforced errors, did i get that wrong?)

The Serena and Jenny match was shockingly slow...it was the only three setter, but it was the one that showed the least brilliance... Serena had shots flying all over and when she settled down, rain stopped play and broke her momentum...Meanwhile Jenny played quite defensively, ocassionally going for some nice shots, but basically Serena gave points...

With all the upsets, i guess poor Jenny had nerves too! imagine if she cannot win a seemingly injured Serena... But luckily she closed it out...Serena surprisingly seemed meek and only when she injured her leg we see her going for shots to end long rally and some were superb... but overall very below par match...

Myskina matched Venus's strokes well, but was another patient player who benefited when venus went for shots and did not get it right. Still it's not easy to match venus's strokes... but seeing last year's matches that she played...i guess it's new tactics to play safe rally...

Finally, it was all about hitting winners and was Elena going all the way!!! Unlike Maria, Serena, and Venus, she was more accurate and gave a nervous Mauresmo problems.. but that should be the way of most matches...i really want her to win now more than before the tournament...cos i saw her play and i think she deserves it for working so hard...her net play was good and she kept the double faults to a minimum...for her standard...

but it won't be easy cos Paola did stop the power punching Zheng in straight sets... oh well...maybe we'll see a more active semifinal match!!! Go Dementieva!!!
Don't be deceived by the rankings!! Coria, Mirnyi, Schuettler, Fish, Safin, Henman, Tursunov, Wawrinka, Federer, Serena, Bovina, Li Na, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Sugiyama, Coetzer, Tanasugarn, Kumkhum, Zheng, Dokic and Kournikova are the world's best tennis players!!!

S'PORE'S ONLY JUNIOR, LEE WEI PING
New is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:04 PM   #2
country flag kodeRED

kodeRED has disabled reputation
i totally agree... dementieva played very well... i like her chances against saurez.. and then against either capriati or myskina... i am so proud of her..... she is great ... and i truly feel that once she gets more exposure she will bring a new audience or at least build up the audience and she will be great for the tour... despite what many are saying will be a low tv rated final & semi's.
STEFFI Pierce Guga
kodeRED is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:07 PM   #3
country flag Thierry's_Ladee

Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice Thierry's_Ladee is just really nice
I agree Dementieva played explosive tennis I really hope her and Jen Jen meet in the final...that will be a cracker!

A r s e n a l F C 03/04

The immaculate season - Heres to another one!!

WENGER, Vieira, Henry, Reyes, Pires, Bergkamp, Ash Cole, Lauren, Ljungberg, Campbell, Toure, Gilberto, Lehmann, Edu, Fabregas, Van Persie, Pennant, Clichy, Cygan, Aliadiere
Thierry's_Ladee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:11 PM   #4
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute
Nice comments.

I couldnt watch her match, but accoring to the statiscts and to the other people who also watched the match, Alyona really attacked Amelie, putting more pressure on her.

I like this kind of attitude, just makes her confidence going higher and higher, and with confidence on her, she cuts the DF's down.

I hope she can keep this solid match against Paola. Great chance for both of them of reaching their 1st Grand Slam Final, but I hope the one who fought harder takes it.

Udachi Alyona!
Hantuchov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:12 PM   #5
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Elena has played like she has never played before, she was brave, and just went for everything Im so proud of her
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:18 PM   #6
country flag Slumpsova

Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute
what a luck ! i mean, in 3R she almost lost to Pistolesi (or atleast she should) but she survived, killing Lindsay and now Amelie. with the way she played today i think she's the best.
Slumpsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM   #7
country flag fammmmedspin

fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future fammmmedspin has a brilliant future
Elena was like Graf on fast forward. Jennifer struck out when she needed to. Myskina frazzled venus in the same way as Elena did Momo but by mixing it up and going for angles. myskina wins though by doing what is necessary on the key points. Comes down to if you prefer continous briliance in the attack or someone who grabs a win with brilliance when neede. Both were great viewing today.
fammmmedspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM   #8
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of
Its just amazing how well Elena is doing with such a serve like that!

Imagine how her ranking would be with a GOOD 1st serve! (mention I said GOOD not GREAT) lol

1989, 1994, 1998 French Open Champion, 1994 U.S. Open Champion
1994, 1995 Australian Open Finalist, 1995, 1996 Wimbledon Finalist
4- Time Olympic Medalist, 5-Time Fed Cup Winning Team, Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2007!!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 08:43 PM   #9
Dokicfan17

Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold Dokicfan17 is a splendid one to behold
well mayeb she wouldnt be that good?.....that serve throws EVERYONE off....its very smart and unique....notice that players cant really pounce on it and it throws them off because she can also mix it up...very smart serve and even she said " i like my serve".....so... yAy
Dokicfan17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 08:51 PM   #10
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
I didnt see the other but Elena did play well, udachi girl!

I hope she just keeps this momentum going and wins her next match first!
DEETHELICK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 09:00 PM   #11
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
definately, I didn't see Jen, but she wasn't outhitting Serena, which Elena was doing to Amelie

Other than the placement, the serve wasn't all that bad either
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 09:22 PM   #12
country flag beauty_is_pink
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute
ELENA!!

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 09:26 PM   #13
country flag Stephieva
Elena Dementieva Fan

Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute Stephieva has a reputation beyond repute
me agrees...
me saw all matches...
lena is v cool 2day...
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 09:26 PM   #14
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
yea, elena's awesome. now if only she could hit against the righty slice...

no matter, i think she has the best ground stroke package of anyone in the world.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM   #15
country flag Mase
In my new place!!

Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute
She was on fire today, I have to say. Quite impressed!

Mase is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote