Anastasia's Post-match interview - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:46 PM   #1
country flag DelMonte

DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future
Anastasia's Post-match interview

Source: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...107627672.html

Q. How does that rank for you in your career as a victory?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I feel pretty good right now. I never beat Venus before, and I think it was a good match. I really fought, and I really, really want to win today.

Q. What was different in this match, compared to the other two that you've played against her?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I think Venus not really right now in her best level, and I knew that I can beat her. And the game was like -- usually Venus like to make winners. Today was like more unforced errors.

And I just tried to keep the ball in play today.

Q. In the last game she had three breakpoints. Did you think she would keep committing the errors, or did you think to yourself, "Maybe I'll have to start hitting winners now because she may play better"?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I really couldn't think at that point because I was so nervous. I was just thinking about the rain, that the rain could start, and then they can delay our match. And I didn't really want to do that. I just was thinking to win this game, no matter what.

Q. And you moved her. She obviously did not play her best tennis today, but you moved her very well and were strong in the back-court rallies. So you believed in that part of your game?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, that was one of the part of strategy, to move her around because she had injured before and she's not moving well. And just couple more things, her forehand right now not really good. So it was really using that.

Q. Seemed like down the stretch in some of the big rallies you kept going to her backhand. Last few points in particular.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I was trying to open the corner for the forehand, but then she was missing also the backhand today, maybe because she was nervous as well.

But today, like I said, it was not her best tennis. I used this today.

Q. Do you think the mystique, the atmosphere around the Williams sisters, that they were so strong, so great, is over among the players?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, definitely, right now, yes, because they just came back. They lost a lot of months. You know, the players kept practicing. I mean, now of course everybody believe at least that they can fight with them, you know. It's something that we can -- I mean, we can do it right now.

Q. So this is the first time you've beaten a Grand Slam champion in a quarterfinal. So how happy are you that you're able to make this mental breakthrough and really show your game?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I'm really, really happy. But, you know, it's not end of the tournament so I have to keep going. I know the next match is gonna be really tough because Jennifer is great player and I know how much she wants to win right now. She beat Serena. That shows as well that she's really good. I just have to keep calm.

Q. Coming into this Roland Garros, this was the Grand Slam where you were the worst.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah. My dream was to win the first round here (smiling).

Q. So what's been the difference for you now? You come in, this is your worst Grand Slam, now you're in the semifinals, your best performance.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, I'm not gonna say that it's my favorite right now, but at least I start liking Paris right now and I still -- I will be back for sure.

Q. How much does your experience in Australia, when you had a missed opportunity there and you had some tough moments, how much of that affects your ability to handle this kind of match today, do you think?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: None. I don't think -- in Australia, it was Kim, if you mean that. It was different story. I lost Kim just because I was kind of not ready to win the match.

And today I was really ready to win, and I know that I can do it. And I just was fighting, fighting for every point.

Q. And keeping your composure as well?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, definitely.

Q. You worked on that the last couple months some more?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I work on everything right now, because if you want to improve... I don't just want to be No. 5 and that's it, I want to move forward, I want to show that I can be better than that. Of course, I work.

Q. So you're sounding like that you know you're not done here. If you want to prove you're better than just No. 5, you have to go on. Do you have belief in yourself that maybe you can beat Jennifer in the semifinals, then even beyond that, beating someone as good as Mauresmo in the final?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I do believe that I can beat Jennifer. I do believe that I can play better than today even. But, you know, you never know because Jennifer also believe that she can win. And just gonna be tough game for both of us. I mean, who is gonna be stronger mentally, I think that person gonna win.

Q. You guys, all the women, work very hard and play hard and battle. How important is it for women's tennis -- I mean, the Williamses have been gone -- just to show you can't sort of play part-time, you have to come in and battle like you all do and if you don't, you're not going to be at the top of your game?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I mean, we have Kim, Justine, we have so many other good players with who we have to fight. Young players also coming, like Maria. Every girls are really tough right now. I don't think Venus or Serena done; they just not in the best level right now. But they will be back for sure. I don't think they like to lose.

Just, you know, you have to practice hard and first you have to believe that you can do whatever you can do, you can beat best players.

Q. Do you think it would be a mistake for people to read this today and say, "The Williams, their mystique is gone," do you think they'll take this as a wakeup call and come roaring right back?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Like I said, I don't think they done. They gonna be back. I mean, they were the best; they can be the best again. It's gonna be little bit harder for them because I think right now more players start believe that they can beat them.

Q. What would be the perfect ending of this tournament - to be in the final against Dementieva?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: The perfect is gonna be to go home with the trophy, the perfect one, but that's it (smiling).

But Amelie, I don't know, it's 4-all in the first set. Tough game for both of them. I know that a lot of people wants Amelie to be in the final and to win. But for her, it's gonna be really tough right now.

Q. You were injured in March, your foot, I think. How long did you stay at home without being able to play tennis, and when did you start again? Do you think that being fresh coming to the French is a good advantage for you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: That was not advantage at all because I lost the time because of the injury, and I think I lost the atmosphere of the tournaments. I stayed at home like one months. It was tough because other people was playing. And at the beginning when I came back, was really hard. I was losing first round couple tournaments.

So for me, of course it was good preparation for French Open, but I was really upset with losing the weeks before.

Q. Could you remind us what happened exactly? I think it was in Miami. Something fell on your foot?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Something with my toes and the foot. They said that it's stress fracture, but it was something else. I'm not really sure.

Q. Where is home for you?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Moscow.
DelMonte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:49 PM   #2
DannerCal

DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light
she sounds confident. Think it will be a good match.
DannerCal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:51 PM   #3
country flag VRULES

VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all
I like her, I hope her or Cappy win the tourney. SHe is so nice, and wasn't a boastful as I thought she would be (I know ignorance, but at least I admit it).

GO ANASTASIA MYSKINA!!! (I can't believe i said that)
VRULES is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:52 PM   #4
country flag sartrista7
Registered 1

sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future
Nastya Such a sweetheart. Go and get that trophy, girl!
sartrista7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:54 PM   #5
country flag sarza

sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future sarza has a brilliant future
well done and good luck myskina
sarza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:58 PM   #6
best best better

best best better has disabled reputation
Has Nastya graduated charm school these past couple of months??? Where is that oh-so-annoying, whingey, bitching, carping that we usually hear? Hey, I could even start liking her again if she carries this on.
best best better is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:00 PM   #7
Freewoman33

Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all
Nice interview. Thanks
Freewoman33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:05 PM   #8
country flag VivalaSeles

VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute
Good interview
Good luck against Capriati
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:12 PM   #9
country flag Kuti Kis&Monica

Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of Kuti Kis&Monica has much to be proud of
Nastya has improved her English a lot
Kuti Kis&Monica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:17 PM   #10
Freewoman33

Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all Freewoman33 is a name known to all
She should've given herself more credit because she played very smart and was patient throughout the match. She worked the points very well, inducing errors from Venus. Although the conditions were not great, but she played great.
Freewoman33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:17 PM   #11
country flag watrat

watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all watrat is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by best best better
Has Nastya graduated charm school these past couple of months??? Where is that oh-so-annoying, whingey, bitching, carping that we usually hear? Hey, I could even start liking her again if she carries this on.
Where have you got the impression that Nastya was all of those things . When I met her last year at FED CUP, she was the nicest of them all. She gladly signed my tennis ball.

Wishing to see all russian final at FO.
3.Elena Dementieva
4.Kim Clijsters
5.Ana Ivanovic
6.Anastasia Miskina
7.Patty Schnyder
8.Katarina Srebotnik
9.Andreja Klepac
10.Masa Zec-Peskiric
watrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:58 PM   #12
country flag Spunky83

Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
I´ve met her in Berlin, she IS a very nice person. She stopped on her way to a match just to sign my my stuff and her coach is incredibly nice as well(Mr.Cool). I hope she can make it through the semis...my God, I still can´t believe how extremely well she played today!

GOOOOOO NASTYA!!!
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote