*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #16
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Vika
well done on winning the Aus Jr title
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #17

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Victoria Azarenka Sunday, January 30, 2005

V. AZARENKA/A. Szavay

6 2, 6 2

An interview with:

VICTORIA AZARENKA

THE MODERATOR: Questions.

Q. It was a good match. Were you expecting such an easy victory?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It wasn't easy that the score was. It was pretty tough mentally. But I felt very confidence. I did the best I could.

Q. You were seeded No. 1 in the draw, so you were the favorite of the tournament.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah.

Q. Is it more difficult to win a tournament when you are the favorite?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Maybe not because some player, they feel like pressure when you first seed. But I didn't feel it, so I was confident because of the last week. I won the tournament and I did pretty well. I played good. I played all my best shots.
I was confidence and comfortable on the court.

Q. Where do you live and where do you practice now?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Originally I'm from Belarus. I practice there. Just after US Open, I started to practice in Spain, in Marbella. Hofsas Tennis Academy.

Q. You have a Spanish coach?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: There is a German people from Germany there in this academy. Also my coach who is with me here, he is German.

Q. And before going to Marbella, you were a little bit in Germany?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, no. I wasn't. I was practicing in Belarus and was living. Now I living in Spain.

Q. Like Safin, like Kuznetsova.

Q. Conditions are much better, of course, to practice.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, for sure.

Q. So you like clay courts?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I was practicing on hard court because I was practicing for Australia, and I played only on hard court. So I didn't try the clay courts yet.

Q. What are your strengths, your best shots?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Really, I don't know. I'm trying to approaching all the time, to attack, to come to the net. This is I think my best game.

Q. This is your best victory so far, your best success, winning this tournament?

Q. Because you are very young.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I was dreaming about it because before I played already two semifinals in Grand Slams. I lost both of them when I had a match points. This time when I played semifinals, I wasn't shaking, but I was thinking about not to this time. And final, I was just relaxed, trying to do all my best.

Q. Where were those two semifinals?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: First one was Wimbledon and second one was US Open.

Q. Were they both last year?

Q. Was the player you lost to in each of those here this year?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Wimbledon I lost against Ana Ivanovic. You probably know. She played here. US Open I lost against Michaella Krajicek. She also played here and made one round. They improved a lot. I'm trying to do this, too.

Q. What is your goal for this year, playing only junior tournaments?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No. This year I think I will try to play more woman's tournaments and we'll see how it goes.

Q. How many are you allowed to play on the women's?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It's a limit. I have maybe 10 tournaments. I'm not sure. I don't know yet. I play just once since my birthday, so I have like eight or nine tournaments more.

Q. Which ones have you played so far?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I played in Israel, 25,000. It was in December. I did pretty well there. I made quarterfinals singles and semifinals doubles. It was okay.

Q. How many junior Grand Slams have you played in?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I played three.

Q. This is the third?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: This is the fourth.

Q. Have you talked about what it means to be No. 1 now?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I was dreaming about this so much because I wanted to be No. 1 so much because two times I had these chances and I missed them. Now when I did this, it's feeling, I can't explain it now.

Q. Is it as special as winning the title or they're both amazing?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Sorry?

Q. Is it as good as winning the title? Was it more than winning the title here?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, it's prestige, I think, and it's much more points. It's give a lot of confidence.

Q. So it's a wonderful start for the year and the next step towards the pros.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, it's a very good step.

Q. Do you think it changes the way people see you, as well?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I think so. But I think that so many people saw me because it's like I didn't play a lot of tournaments since US Open. It was the first tournament. And I think everybody was surprised because I improved my game a lot and I more tough now. I think I'll try to do it better and better.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:08 AM   #18
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
doea anyone know if vika will start playing the tour this year? hopefully she can get some wildcards at some of the bigger events to get the feel of things at the highest level.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #19
country flag grmbl

grmbl has disabled reputation
Vika!
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 12:55 AM   #20
country flag Ravsieg

Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
doea anyone know if vika will start playing the tour this year? hopefully she can get some wildcards at some of the bigger events to get the feel of things at the highest level.
I was thinking the same.

~~ just too lovely ~~

Sorana Cirstea

Maria Kirilenko ~ Dominika Cibulkova ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Viktoria Azarenka

Formerly ~Kirilenko#1Fan~
Ravsieg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 11:51 PM   #21
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
no WC for indian wells, dont know whether she wanted to play their or not or even asked for a WC but imo she would have deserved one more than some of the players that got them.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #22
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of
She will be playing a 25K in Redding California using a JE beginning March 21
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #23
country flag Ravsieg

Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute
Great news She'll probably win it. She's better than a 25k.

~~ just too lovely ~~

Sorana Cirstea

Maria Kirilenko ~ Dominika Cibulkova ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Viktoria Azarenka

Formerly ~Kirilenko#1Fan~
Ravsieg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #24
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of
Vika has been playing some US 25K the last few weeks:
Her Results:
Augusta (Hard - $25k - GA - 23p) Apr 3 05
F Saori Obata(6) - Azarenka 6-2 6-2
SF Azarenka - Adriana Serra-Zanetti 7-61 6-4
QF Azarenka - Shikha Uberoi(4) 7-5 6-78 6-2
2 Azarenka - Jewel Peterson 6-3 6-2
1 Azarenka - Megan Falcon-Q 6-1 6-4

Redding (Hard - $25k - CA - 11p) Mar 27 05
QF Ivana Lisjak-Q - Azarenka 6-4 6-1
2 Azarenka - Yulia Beygelzimer(3) 6-2 7-61
1 Azarenka - Seiko Okamoto-Q 2-6 6-1 6-2

And this week she made to the semifinals beating Rika Fujiwara (just did very well at the tier 1 pacific life open) the top seed 1st rd. 6-1 6-0, then Mandy Minella 7-5 6-3, then Aleksandra Wozniak 6-2 6-1 before losing to tough, big hitting, Varvara Lepchenko 6-4 4-6 7-6(1)

Good Job Vika, there were some really good wins in some of the toughest 25k's in the world. You will only keep improving fom here!
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 08:28 PM   #25
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute
Vika plays the Fed Cup this week and she helped Belarus a lot yesterday and today! She played the single and the doubles matchs against Israel and Ukraine and she won all 4 matchs. That's very impressive especially because she won against Shahar Peer 6/0 7/5 , (i think it's her first win against a top 100 player. )and Katerina Bondarenko 6/1 6/2, both players are at their best right now. (especially Shahar who pushed Myskina to 3sets at AI and had MPs against Vaidisova at Charleston )
Moreover, the second belarus' player lost her match in both confrontation so Vika 's wins were decisive! Congrats Vika and keep on playing like that!!
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova ~~Giorgi
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:18 AM   #26
country flag Kutuzova

Very good wins for Vika.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:56 PM   #27
country flag Kutuzova

She had a great Fed Cup for Belarus and has been playing really well lately. I saw her play Volha Havartsova at the Orange Bowl back in 2002 and you could even see then she was going to do big things. I dont really remember how she plays though. If anyone has seen her play more recent than that date, could you describe her game to me and maybe say a player on the tour that she plays similar to if any?
Thanks
Kutuzova
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 07:38 PM   #28
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute
Vika won another match in Fed Cup: she defeated Pisnik 6:7(2), 7:6 (0),6:2
congrats for the win and the fight! D
But unfortunatly, Belarus is eliminated as Yakimova lost to Katarina Srebotnik and Srebotnik/Krizan defeated Vika/Poutchek 6/3 6/2
Better luck next year girls!
Btw, i also don't have a clue how Vika plays , i only saw some pictures of her and she seemed cool + i heard that she were promising and Ivanovic's nice words on her and that is why i decided to cheer for Vikta I would be more than glad to know how she plays too Does someone know what is her next tourney?
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova ~~Giorgi
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #29

Vika had a great Fed Cup
won all her singles

she's gonna get alot better
keep going Vika
top 100 is target this yr.
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #30
country flag daniela86

Vika is playing the qualies in Prague I hope she'll qualify and cause some serious damages in Main Draw! She can do it!
Here is the Order of Play for tomorrow, the 1st day of qualies:

KURT 1 Start 10:00
1. Blahotová, Olga CZE vs. Hopkins, Jennifer USA
2. Krajicek, Michaella NED vs. Tu, Meilen USA
3. Szavay, Agnes HUN vs. Vašková, Alena CZE
4. Jurak, Darja CRO vs. Meusburger, Yvonne AUT

KURT 2 Start 10:00
1. Bondarenko, Katarina UKR vs. Rao, Sunitha USA
2. Bammer, Sybille AUT vs. Castellvi, Vilmarie PUR
3. Hradecká, Lucie CZE vs. Uhlířová, Vladimíra CZE
4. Pous-Tio, Laura ESP vs. Kramperová, Kateřina CZE

KURT 3 Start 10:00