Jenn seemed MAD at the Crowd vs. Beygelzimer - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2004, 02:18 PM   #1
c2

c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice
Jenn seemed MAD at the Crowd vs. Beygelzimer

Hi Jenn fans, long time no chat

been awhile since I've been around but late last night ESPN actually showed a live match featuring... the deCapitator!! She who I have always loved

anyway, she seemed PISSED at the crowd, or maybe she was just stressed . on match point she kinda mocked the crowd as they started their rhythmic clapping like "Oh yeah now you're going to CLAP." I was like . whoa, Jenn is PISSED. Then it looked like she said "Just stop it" to them... then after she won she raised her fist to the crowd but not really in a friendly way, y'know? I have always loved Jenn since her comeback and her temper hasn' t bugged me .. I guess I understand it. Anyway did anyone else see this?? did you interpret it the same way?? I thought Jenn liked the crowds at RG since she won here?? Thoughts?
c2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2004, 06:09 PM   #2
country flag *abby*

*abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute *abby* has a reputation beyond repute
i didnt see it but i heard bout it an i could nt stop laffin!i jst though typical jenny and it obviously helped her.sometimes she jst needs to vent lets jst hope the french crowd are forgiving lol
*abby* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #3
country flag hollywood7172

hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold hollywood7172 is a splendid one to behold
the french crowd forgiving? i doubt it. look at what they did to serena last year, just becuz she made that " we want to make clothes" comment.

i know i am generalizing here, but fact is the french arent exactly regarded as the friendliest, un-stuck up people. most of my friends who have visited have had nothing nice to say.

i hope they were wrong...

but i'm sure jen is gonna get booed more now. once again, i hope i'm wrong...

ana ivanovic daniela hantuchova jelena jankovic martina hingis

and... jennifer capriati !!
hollywood7172 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:38 PM   #4
country flag englishjenfan

englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light
!!!!!!
englishjenfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:52 PM   #5
country flag RedFilaJ-Cap#1

RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully the booing will get her pumped and she will want to shut them up!! That will be great!!
Jelena Jankovic #1 and the BOMB DOT COM

Co Founder of the JJ Crew!!!:
:

Proud to be one of Jen's Hell's Angels!!!:
RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #6
country flag bluna82

bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light bluna82 is a glorious beacon of light
There´s an article about it:

Capriati Wins at French Open Despite Boos
Tue May 25, 8:06 PM

By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer PARIS - Jennifer Capriati glared toward the stands, told fans to shut up and endured scattered boos from the French Open crowd.

Then, one point from victory and ready to serve, Capriati paused and waved her hands at the fans, provoking both jeers and cheers.

"I was kind of using that to help pump me up," she said.

The tactic worked. Yulia Beygelzimer failed to put her service return into play, and Capriati had a first-round victory Tuesday, 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.

Court Suzanne Lenglen was more than half empty for the evening match, but some spectators gave Capriati a hard time. She angrily shouted at them at least once, and when she closed out the victory, she pumped her fist toward the stands and scowled.

"I didn't think I did anything that bad for them to boo," said Capriati, the 2001 champion. "But they're kind of finicky here. One day they're one way, the next day the other way. Next time I might go out and they'll cheer like crazy for me."

The crowd wasn't the only source of annoyance for Capriati. Beygelzimer appeared on the verge of defeat, trailing 3-0 in the second set, then won nine of the next 10 games.

Capriati thought of Andre Agassi's upset loss Monday.

"It did cross my mind — like, `These underdogs come out of nowhere.' You're like, `What's going on?'" Capriati said. "For a while there, she was just hitting winners left and right."

Trailing 0-3 in the final set, Capriati put together a streak of her own, winning five games in a row to take the lead for good. Her second-round opponent will be qualifier Kveta Peschke.

I hope Jen is right and they will cheer for her like always.

Jennifer Capriati

First German and English Jennifer Capriati Website:

http://www.jencapriati.de

Proud to be one of Jen's Hell's Angels!

Last edited by bluna82 : May 26th, 2004 at 09:43 PM.
bluna82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #7
country flag LauraJC

LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold LauraJC is a splendid one to behold
I have loved Jenny when I see her in first round match!!!!
She was so great and showed her fighting spirit; this is the real Jen!!!!!
I think that she didn't noting of worse: she hasn't insulted Yulia, she had only pumped herself!!!
Maybe, the crowd has found it too excessive. But I'm not in according with them.
Jennifer was great!!!!!!!

www.jennifercapriatitennis.com

LauraJC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #8
country flag bigshow21

bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future
Who cares about the french crowd. They are stupid and dont know anything about tennis if they boo Jen! As long as our Jen can work and play with it and get the win! Good luck Jen and keep kicking ass!!!!!!!

bigshow21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM   #9
country flag 6.45PM

6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point 6.45PM is an unknown quantity at this point
don't pay attention to the french crowd!they are funny! if jen wins this, they will just embrace her as they did in 2001!u just have to look at their reaction when jen said she almost felt french in her speech! they were all going crazy and the french commentators were saying how wonderful jen was! oh la la!
6.45PM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:57 AM   #10
country flag Rachel_Aus

Rachel_Aus is an unknown quantity at this point Rachel_Aus is an unknown quantity at this point
Should be interesting to see the reaction from the crowd tonight then hey!!!
Unfortunately I'm going to miss being able to watch it live, but will have to tape it & watch it tomorrow or something -- thank god for VCR's

Gotta love the passion that Cappy shows!! Go get'em Jen!!