Sanda Mamic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 21st, 2004, 07:45 AM   #1
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
Sanda Mamic

I am right now in Paris, and I am amazed of how good Mamic is. Since I know a lot of you have never seen her play, she is by far the best new croat player. She has amazed me the most of all the qualifiers.

Anyway, she is pretty tall -- maybe 5'10 -- has an amazing serve, is left-handed, plays with topspin, and is aggressive -- and the thing that is the most amazing about her is that she is aggressive and goes for her shots and barely makes any mistakes -- plus she is very, very, very pretty
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2004, 02:03 PM   #2
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
i've seen her too... she is pretty very nice agressive game and now it looks like she has found some consitancy. she made the qf in budapest (coming through qualies) and now is in the final round of qualifying at rg. I'm really happy with her progress!
Old May 22nd, 2004, 11:24 PM   #3
country flag Zoltan83

Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute
From the official website of FO :

Good luck to : Daniela Hantuchova - Gisela Dulko - Maria Kirilenko - Nicole Vaidisova - Jarmila Gajdosova - Iona Raluca Olaru - Edina Gallovits - Sorana Cristea - Dominika Cibulkova - Stéphanie Dubois - Marie-Eve Pelletier - Valerie Tetreault - Jillian O'Neill -Mandy Minella - Dinara Safina - Karolina Sprem - Alicia Molik - Ana Ivanovic - Martina Hingis
Zoltan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #4
country flag drive-volley

drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold
Hi all,
I've just come home from Sopot, where I saw Sanda Mamic. She's my new favourite player, I watched her 4 matches and in my opinion she has a big talent - I really liked her strong serve, (average 1st was about 160km/h!), big, aggresive groundstokes, and her ability to fight. Sadly, she lost in the 1st round to Flavia Penetta, but what's great - she won qualifications and in the final defeated Czech Libuse Prusova in a thriliing, wonderful match, which ended after fascinating tie-break. We were cheering for Sanda, screaming "Come on", "Don't give up, Sanda!" and it looked like she was really glad she had fans. In a match against Penetta we brought croatian flag, but it didnt help, Flavia was too good that day... I have 2 photos with Sanda, and I must say she's very, very, very nice person. You can always get an autograph from her, take a photo... Say "hi"... And I've heard she gave one of my friends players guest VIP ticket for all the matches. Cute!

Sanda, thankyou for coming to Poland, I'm looking forward to see you in Warsaw at J&S Cup 2005, so if you read it, remember you have polish fans who will always be there to watching you. And see you next year in Sopot! SANDA MAMIC SANDA!
drive-volley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #5

drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold drive-volley is a splendid one to behold
Sanda won quali at the China Open after defeating Russian Skovronskaya in the final! Keep goin'!
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #6
country flag Principessa

Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future
Sanda rocks .
Principessa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 09:55 PM   #7
Erdinger
Registered 1

Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all Erdinger is a name known to all
that I didn't read this thread before I went to 25k Garching in July. I had my eyes on center court, while Sanda was playing her first round match on the court next to center. I didn't pay attention to her just because I didn't know her.

BTW, she won Garching!

And now she is already in the 2nd round of the China Open, defeating Tian Tian Sun 64 62!

Good luck against Petrova

Go Sanda!

PS: Does anyone have pics of Sanda? Maybe I recognize her from the players' party in Garching.
Erdinger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 02:49 PM   #8

Woo hooo! Sanda in the 2nd! This news made my day .
Tomorrow will be extremely hard match, probably her first time against top player, but I keep my fingers crossed for Croatian. You gooo!!!
Something especcialy for you, Erdinger:

That's all I've found...
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 03:04 PM   #9
country flag TatiAnnahølic

TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute
some pics from Beijing:

TatiAnnahølic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 04:24 PM   #10

Thanx TAH! More:

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM   #11
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
ajmo sanda!! awesome pictures!!! i really like her a lot!
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 09:46 PM   #12
country flag Principessa

Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future
Wow, lovely pictures! Sanda is soo pretty
ajmo honey, let Petrova work hard for it
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 03:04 PM   #13

Sanda lost her match 3-6 3-6 but the score says she fought! The most important for me is the fact she knows how to gain points against top players. Great result, I mean the whole China Open. Congratulations !
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:26 PM   #14
country flag Principessa

Sanda ,

next up: Guangzhou International Women's Open 2004 qualies (that is if she doesn't pull out)

ajmo draga!!
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM   #15
country flag croat123

ajmo sanda! solid effort against petrova. now have a day of rest and go play a guangzhou. sands will be 134th (i think, have to double-check) next week - a new career high! hopefully she can make the top100 by the end of the year