to prove how shit tv coverage is in australia - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #1
slice

slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all
to prove how shit tv coverage is in australia

instead of showing the mauresmo/capriati final after the atp final in germany, they decide to play the henman/ivanesivic SF from wimbledon from 2001
slice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #2
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
It is the reason I got rid of Foxtel. I was so sick of the threee week later finasl being aired and only ONE hour scheduled for a final. It meant the final was chopped.
The final should air about 5.30 am AEST anyway.
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #3
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #4
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
The coverage here is even worse. Not as bad as Britain's, from jujupassion's description. We get the 4 GSs live and ATP TMS series live or delayed a few hours. The WTA tournaments and other ATP tournaments are shown 2 - 3 months late. They haven't even shown Charleston. But I guess I should be thankful we have GS coverage at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
I don't like Venus or Urszula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
If Ula can beat you 6-1, 6-3 then you know you're a mug
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:37 PM   #5
PatM04

PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future
There has been no tennis on TV in America since Charlston, at least not for those of us who don't have the tennis channel.

www.tiffanydabek.com
www.saraevans.com
PatM04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #6
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
here, if you don't have the tennis channel, you only see the grand slams and a couple of the tier i's/tmsss (none of the european tmses)
Old May 16th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #7
country flag Yonge

Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice Yonge is just really nice
Tennis I think is one of the poorest covered or telecast "major sports" around.
Our sport needs a lot of help when it comes to TV coverage.
Yonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #8
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Well here in Canada we will see only one women Clay court tourney and it will be RG!
Old May 16th, 2004, 05:19 PM   #9
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
At least you have Foxtel. On free to air we only get the Grand Slams and the DC ties that Australia is involved in, plus Sydney and the Hopman Cup.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:52 PM   #10
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slice
instead of showing the mauresmo/capriati final after the atp final in germany, they decide to play the henman/ivanesivic SF from wimbledon from 2001
Yes, but if you waited until after the Henman v Ivanisevic and Rafter v Ivanisevic highlights you would have seen the Italian Womens Semi between Capriati and Serena.

The Italian Final between Capriati and Mauresmo has been scheduled in the Foxtel guide for replay at 11pm Monday night est. So you can see it tonight.

I think we are pretty lucky here in Oz with our tennis on TV. Of course it is biased towards mens tennis, with the great coverage of the Masters series (10 hours or more every day) but we still get some womens tennis. And then we are spoilt with the Slams (often getting two different coverages of each on Free to Air and cable).

And if you are really desperate for more womens tennis and you are on the East Coast you can also get Eurosport via satellite subscription from Vanuatu or New Caledonia although it will be in French. So there are extra options. Or you can also get me to tape certain matches for you.
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:54 PM   #11
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujupassion
You think TV coverage in Aus is crap, you should come and see what's on in Britian! Acutally don't, cause there is nothing! All we get is the RG finals, Aus finals and the whole of Wimbledon! And they say they are trying to advertize tennis in this country! As if!
not true. that's for those who don't fork out for cable or satellite.

if you do, tennis coverage is better than anywhere in the world on Eurosport/Sky Sports.
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:56 PM   #12
country flag OUT!

OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute OUT! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujupassion
Britain looks like it's the worst at everything! Like I said we don't even get any tier 1's!
Subscribe to Eurosport

Maya Angelou

* Amanda * Brianna * Dan * Esther * Joy * Marco * Nate * Philippe * raquel * Sarah * Shane * Torrance * Veronica

Proud member of The Sinitta Fan Club!

OUT! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #13
AngelaLansbury

AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough AngelaLansbury is a jewel in the rough
And for those with cable and/or satellite, you may well be able to watch endless episodes of 'Murder, She Wrote'. So, I think everyone should have it. Me and tennis, what more could a society need to fulfil itself?

Bedknobs and Broomsticks maybe.
AngelaLansbury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 02:26 AM   #14
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
i can't really complain about foxtel. sure they could show more women's tennis but we get full coverage of every masters series event and starting next week fox sports 2 becomes the Roland Garros Channel as they will be showing the tournament 24 hours a day!! i think we could be much worse off.
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:32 AM   #15
country flag Ted of Teds Tennis

Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all Ted of Teds Tennis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaLansbury
And for those with cable and/or satellite, you may well be able to watch endless episodes of 'Murder, She Wrote'. So, I think everyone should have it. Me and tennis, what more could a society need to fulfil itself?

Bedknobs and Broomsticks maybe.
I thought the role of Raymond Shaw's mother was more in character for Angela Lansbury.
Ted of Teds Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote