Wollongong Grade5 Semis- report. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2002, 07:00 AM   #1
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
Wollongong Grade5 Semis- report.

Daniella Dominikovic v Olivia Luckasewicz..
Daniella wore a short blue skirt , with a small nike top exposing her lean midruff ...and wore a cute blye nike visor ! She looked tall , lean and confident as she jumped rope next to court no1 waiting for the boys semi to finish..

Anyway once it all got underway..she started off great , the first point of the match she followed in a big serve to the net , hit a great slice down the line which set up a put-away smash...her mum clapped and so did i...i felt just form that start that she was out there to win. She closed out that game with an inside out forehand winner..very aggressive start and olivia looked nervous...1-0 Dani!

Game two....Dani didnt hit the ball as hard as she had started...but looked confident as she kept hitting depper and depper , forcing a nervous Olivia in to errors..Olivia fought hard and hit an ace to seal the game , Dani was no impressed that it wasnt called out.....she went ot the umpire and showed with her hands exactly what i was thinking..i tmissed by a fair bit...

That was the last game Olivia got in this set..Dani held serve easily with big serving and groundies for 3-1 ,then broke Olivia with a threaded bh down the line winner for 4-1!! Olivia then started to miss ALOT , and Daniella just kept the pressure applied from then on , not necessarily painting the lines but she was hitting solid and kept Olivia on the defence the whole set......6-1 to Dani .....

Olivia is quite small , plays 2 hands both sides a little like Seles...and is very feisty and determined.....she looked VERY upse at the end o set1 and turned that anger to aggression.....she started to match Dani in depth ...and annoyed dannhy be constantly retrieving.....It looked like the opposite of set1 with Olivia moving Dani around alot , and Dani missing on the crucial points...Olivia went up 5-1 ,then dani woke up and got to 3-5 beofre a tight game which Olivi pulled off 6-3 to take the second set and pumped her fist..

The same way Dani started the first set...Olivia started the last set..Danis first serve was demolished by an inside out return winner.....down 30-40 on her serve they got in to a powerfuland longrally with Dani saving break point with a bh up the line winner!.....then at 1-1 and down break point again , dani saved a break point with a cross court forehand winner from outside the court , but didnt manage to save the second break point ! Dani let her anger get th ebetter of her and she started over hitting and said in croation after a long long rally in which she made an error and said something like "olivia is only just gettin git back...and i keep missing"...danie also said stuff in croation like "give me a gun and 'ubime' shoot mme' and she even made the translation which made me laugh when she said shoot me straight after that...Dani is not one to be afriad to show her emotion and thats something i like about her , shes veyr animated! in the last set she wasnt afraid to tell the umpire that he needs to get his eyes checked either goo girl.....and she went down 2-5 before losing 4-6 in the 3rd which was very characteristic of the second set!

overall......dani to me is more impressive , she has bigger groundies than olivia but her second serve really needs work!...also she need to not let her frustration get the better of her......better luck next time

Olivia is fast , consistent , but shes like 13 or 14 right? hopefully as she grows s hell develop a weapon because she was lucky that Dani just made a few uncharcteristic errors that she normally doesnt make...

I spoke to Dani after her match inside the actual club wherei was getting a drink...and told her bad luck , and that it was close and unfortunate that she lost after such a good start.. she told me she was upset that she lost because she didnt play the bigger points too well ...i also asked her hows evie going? and she said good and that shes in Mexico , and my friend asked her if she knows who evie plays and Dani didnt know...shes very friendly off court and a nice girl , its good that she gets pumped up on court IMO. I think if Dani improves her serve shell be a force on the junior circuit.
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2002, 09:21 AM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
thanx Steve for report

bad luck Dani , i sure hope she can make a real go of it
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2002, 10:14 AM   #3
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Steve, do you know who won the other sf?

Newk reckons Olivia has what it takes to be in the Top 10.
What do you think???
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote