Sophie Ferguson - Page 227 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #3391
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sophie Ferguson

Going by that im gonna say she wont be coming back. She said she lost the love for the game
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #3392
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

what a shame! A real loss for our game. I still cant help feeling the loss of her brother Nico had a huge impact upon her tennis and life......and not surprising at all. Wish the interviewer asked her what she is going to do now.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #3393
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

In denial. Keenly awaiting Sophie's return
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #3394
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

A loss of passion from my perspective is almost better than a career ending injury in the sense that at least she has the option, you never know if the fire will re-ignite eg. Clijsters. For me, even in that interview it seemed as though Soph has a lot of unfinished business. She is too good not to have ever been in the top 100.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #3395
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's safe to say she won't be coming back. I respect players that know when it's time to go and seem to be at peace with their decision. She mentioned she had lost the love of the game and didn't enjoy the training and putting in the "hard yards", well that wasn't hard to believe as she certainly looked unfit in some of the mid year pics I saw of her last year. I don't get why she still entered (only to withdraw) a couple of the Oz challengers in September though, if she had made up her mind in June.

Anyway, I wish her all the best. She is a well spoken young woman and I'm sure she'll do well at whatever she puts her mind to.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #3396
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

It's a shame she has retired as she had the game to be in the top 100. However, if you don't love what you are doing, it is time to stop. Tennis is a game where it shows when your heart is not in it. If you are outside the top 100 it must be a hard slog to try and make ends meet, so at some point effort has to equal financial rewards or why would you bother.

Wish her all the best in whatever she decides to do.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #3397
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Devastated.

Let's look at some of her great wins.

Aus Open
R1 d. Nuria Llagostera Vives 2/6 7/6(6) 6/4

Gold Coast
R1 d. Ai Sugiyama 7/6(4) 6/4

French Open
Qualified then
R1 d. Petra Kvitova 1/6 6/2 6/2

Actually going thru her career results there really aren't many big wins are there??
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #3398
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Actually going thru her career results there really aren't many big wins are there??
That is mainly due to her severe lack of mental strength, which IMO is really the only thing that has held her back from being solid 50-100 player for the last 2 or 3 years.

Other potential big results include last years AO loss, RG a few years ago where she was a WC and had a good R1 match but lost in 3 sets, Sydney R1 where she lost to Maggie Maleeva in 3 sets, Wimbledon Q1 after her big RG where she lost to a random Japanese girl who went on to qualify and win a MD match.
It is such a shame to think that she was pushing top 20 players like Maleeva and Petrova when she was still a teenager but never really broke through after that.

She seems like a very intelligent girl so I'm sure she will do well at whatever she pursues in the future

Jarmila Groth, Anastasia Rodionova, Isabella Holland, Olivia Rogowska

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #3399
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Also lost to Suarez Navarro in FO qualies the year that Carla made quarter finals...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #3400
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Devastated.

Let's look at some of her great wins.

Aus Open
R1 d. Nuria Llagostera Vives 2/6 7/6(6) 6/4

Gold Coast
R1 d. Ai Sugiyama 7/6(4) 6/4

French Open
Qualified then
R1 d. Petra Kvitova 1/6 6/2 6/2

She's had loads of wins over players ranked 50-100. She had good wins over Pironkova, Cirstea, Niculescu, Danilidou, Brianti, Morita, Chan, Erakovic, Gajdosova, Rodionova to name a few
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #3401
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Retired
I miss you sophie
She was my favourite player whn I started cause she used to be my neighbour
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:44 PM   #3402
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if you guys really care about this great news!

Sophie just got engaged, She will be Mrs. Sophie Grosmann when she get married!

Congrats, girl!!
Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM   #3403
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Was just thinking about her yesterday, congrats Sophie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valanga View Post
Singleniacki is gonna snatch wigs in 2014.
Six Feet Under is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3404
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
It was such a shame she couldn't really make it... She had such potential
Now is a great time to start the next chapter in her life though

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote