Sophie Ferguson - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #1
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Sophie Ferguson

A thread for this up and comer.

She keeps improving and her results keep coming! Good win over Hsieh - who's in terrible form, but hey Aussie girls are usually good at playing people back into form! Running Gadjosova so close a week back was great too

She seems to be a junior with some true grit. I saw her a year ago and was impressed that when things get tough she doesn't hang her head or go for ridiculous shots.

Will she get the French Wildcard

Go Sophie
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #2
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Sophie is so good last year she only competed in Aus events this year shes actually travelling and getting GREAT results
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #3
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
id love to see her get the fo wc but i reckon evie is gonna get it
i hope not though
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:02 AM   #4
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Yes Sophie is improving

her ranking has gone form like 700+ inside the 350 . . .which is awesome !!

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #5
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Does anyone have any information on Sophie they can share? What is her best surface etc.?
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 05:50 AM   #6
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
The problem with sophie is she is she cana nd does hi every shot, but doesnt hav e particular weapon to just finish the points at will. She does mix it up very well tho with a versatile single handed backhand, and seems to play the right shots instead of just going "for ridiculous shots" when things arent going her way. It will be interesting to see how far she will go, but im sure she can make the top 150..

oh and a side note - i have noticed she is getting stronger esp since the first time i saw her play...she looks more muscled and has improved her serve too...

it will be interesting to see what happens with daniella dominikovic. this girl is loaded with talent and has not proven much of herself at international level other than a few god performances in doubles with evie. interesting that she won the sydney hardcourt champ's last year over dubravka cupac 6-4 6-2 but she hasnt done much since.
Old May 15th, 2004, 10:39 AM   #7
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Certainly something there she has doubled her ranking from roughly 700 to around the 350 mark

Has talent lets hope its not wasted . . good planning so far with her tournies that she plays

Old May 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM   #8
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Great result in Japan. Anyone know where her ranking might be @ this time as her points won't be put in till next week.
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #9
country flag broncosven

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle
Great result in Japan. Anyone know where her ranking might be @ this time as her points won't be put in till next week.

Roughly around the 300 mark . . . which is awesome for her !!

Old May 17th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #10
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
When I first saw Sophie I knew she had the talent but back then (18 months ago) she was far too slight and not nearly as powerful as the other girls. It was just a matter of maturing physically.

She's 18 now, and has developed a stronger frame and that is now paying off. She has always been the type of player where you can tell she will keep getting better with experience and age...her game needs time to mature. She's got a great work ethic and now with a top 300 (or thereabouts) ranking, she's on the right path!
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2004, 01:00 AM   #11
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosven
Roughly around the 300 mark . . . which is awesome for her !!
Thanks
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:27 AM   #12
country flag kell

kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough
I've only seen her once, at the Australian Open this year when she lost to Lindsay Lee-Waters (3-6 1-6). Don't remember much about the match, except that she showed plenty of passion. Very vocal. But easily frustrated.

ALICIA FOR PRIME MINISTER
kell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #13
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
anyone know where sophie will play next as she is not going to china this week as id hope she would have
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:30 AM   #14
country flag broncosven

Also saw her in Oz open and she looks quite good but alot of her game play will Mature with age and experience

not sure where she has gone too . . . . was doing well in Japan, maybe a week off to relax or to French juniors (if she is young enough)

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #15
country flag ozfan44

No she is not committed to any asian events in the next 3 weeks or on acceptance for french juniors maybe she will go to europe with cupac in July!?