Is the ATP more Vested in The Tennis Channel than the WTA?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 10th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #1
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Is the ATP more Vested in The Tennis Channel than the WTA??

I'm so happy and lucky to have the Tennis Channel. Their programming is strong, and repetitive, but I can't help but to notice that the ATP Tour events are Shown often.

Not only are they shown often, their shown "Live" and from the 1st Rounds till the Last. Usually WTA wise we get the matches Delayed and only Semi's and Final rounds.

Which leads me to believe that the ATP has vested more of an interest to air, has put up more dollars than the WTA? I can't imagine there is any bias here, but...I would love to see the WTA step up and pay for the Coverage of earlier rounds.

Last week we had the Men in Rome...Live, and Repeated. Womens Semi's and Final Rounds Saturday and Sunday...Tape Delayed

This week...the Men in Hamburg...LIVE, and Repeated. Womens Rome Semi's and Final rounds on Saturday and Sunday...Tape Delayed.

i don't know how much the packages are and the spot for veiwing times...thus having these tournaments overlapp...but the WTA should Step up and become more Vested..for their fans that support the channel.

are they in a financial crunch?

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Foot_Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2004, 07:48 PM   #2
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know but I don't understand why any cable channel would need to show anything tape delayed?
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #3
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
I don't know but I don't understand why any cable channel would need to show anything tape delayed?
Well it could be contractual...i have no idea. The ATP has great coverage of the tournaments, they are behind the scenes, in the locker rooms. Great camera work....the WTA really needs to step it up!

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:54 PM   #4
country flag dreamgoddess099

dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute
They show the WTA matches on tape delay so they can show the ATP matches live. You'd think they'd switch it up. But that's how it is when two of the tennis channel's main investors are Pete, Andre, amongst other ATP supporters. The tennis channel should be named the ATP tennis channel.
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:28 PM   #5
Foot_Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgoddess099
They show the WTA matches on tape delay so they can show the ATP matches live. You'd think they'd switch it up. But that's how it is when two of the tennis channel's main investors are Pete, Andre, amongst other ATP supporters. The tennis channel should be named the ATP tennis channel.
I didn't know they were main supporters...are the FINANCIAL Supporters?

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #6
country flag dreamgoddess099

dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
I didn't know they were main supporters...are the FINANCIAL Supporters?
Yes sweetie boo boo bear, I acknowledged them as investors.
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:11 AM   #7
country flag doby

doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts
Quote:
But that's how it is when two of the tennis channel's main investors are Pete, Andre,
Maybe Steffi needs to turn off the love until hubby puts more WTA tournaments on there!!
doby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:52 AM   #8
country flag WTT#1Fan

WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough
TPL, a company out of England, produces all of the Masters Series events from start to finish, enabling The Tennis Channel to pick up a feed of all 7 days. No such thing exists for the Women's Tour. That is why events are only shown with the semis and finals. Let the WTA produce the full events and I'm sure TTC would pick it up.
WTT#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote