Volley help!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #1
country flag Maggie&MomoFan

Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all
Volley help!!

I need help with my volley. Today in practice my coach and i drilled vollies for a very long time and i know that im splitting and stepping over on my forehand volly but they always go long and he says im dropping my wrist but i need help. can any of you just give me like the proper technique and everything on a forehadn and backhand volley bc if one more of my vollys float long again Thanks
W 6-0 6-2
L 6-4 6-3
W 7-5 6-4
W 4-6 7-5 7-5
L 6-3 6-0
W 0-6 6-3 6-2
W 6-1 6-0
W 6-3 6-3
W 4-6 6-2 7-5
W 6-1 6-4
W 3-6 6-4 6-4
W 7-5 6-3
W 6-1 6-4
L 6-4 6-3
Maggie&MomoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #2
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
keep your racket in front of you at all times. after your split-step make a move towards the ball. when your wrist drops balls will fly on you. just keep your racket head open and your wrist firm. and, most importantly, DON'T SWING
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #3
country flag Maggie&MomoFan

Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all
cmon people, i always help people who need advice and you all do too, please help me, this is really important to me
W 6-0 6-2
L 6-4 6-3
W 7-5 6-4
W 4-6 7-5 7-5
L 6-3 6-0
W 0-6 6-3 6-2
W 6-1 6-0
W 6-3 6-3
W 4-6 6-2 7-5
W 6-1 6-4
W 3-6 6-4 6-4
W 7-5 6-3
W 6-1 6-4
L 6-4 6-3
Maggie&MomoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #4
country flag William Hunt

William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice William Hunt is just really nice
The Volley is one of my favourite shots but it is off course difficult to advice someone from behind a PC-screen, good advice can only be given on court.

My experience is that footwork is an essential part when U play a volley. When (assuming the person is right-handed) playing a forhand-volley it is important to hit the ball exactly at the same moment that your left food will touch ground, if this is not the case and your left food is already on the ground, then your volley will lose a lot of speed. For the backhand-volley the right foot will have to touch ground at the same time that U hit the ball. Off course a firm grip is also very important.

For drive-volley's or Smashes it can help to point with your left-hand point-finger towards the ball when it is high in the air. This really helps to focuss.
William Hunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote