Venus Williams vs. RED CLAY - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #1
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Venus Williams vs. RED CLAY

I watched the match about 3 or 4 times already. Although I am dissappointed, I am so glad she pulled out, b/c that ankle roll wasn't pretty.

However, I couldn't help noticing that Venus was pulled out wide, and if she was a SLIDER...the ankle would not have turned. Sliding into shots not only Help you with your balance, but it gets you going for the next shot.

Anyways...Get well soon Venus. Glad she pulled out, to not add insult to injury as far as the ankle is concerned. Our goal is to have it really rested for the French Open.

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!

Last edited by Foot_Fault : May 9th, 2004 at 12:22 PM.
Foot_Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #2
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
She said that there was a bad patch in the surface when she went to retrieve the ball. I believe she likened it to trying to slide on a hardcourt.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #3
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Ok. . . I was not ready to see Venus crying this morning.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #4
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Does she say anything about her preparation for the French(=)?

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #5
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
However, I couldn't help noticing that Venus was pulled out wide, and if she was a SLIDER...the ankle would not have turned. Sliding into shots not only Help you with your balance, but it gets you going for the next shot.
the problem wasn't with her being a slider or not (she has done so many times in Warsaw and Berlin, and successfully too) it was the clay. the clay was heavy and wet, and she said she thought she was gonna slide, but the surface wouldn't allow her to, and she rolled on it
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #6
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
btw are you sure that pic is from today? i swear i've seen it before, and at the trophy presentation right after the press conference, she had no cap and her hair was down
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #7
cool bird

cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road
Isnt that picture from the aussie open after she lost to lisa
cool bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #8
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
That pic is SOOOOO old. Where did that caption come from!!
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #9
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
I also watched the match , and especially the ankle twist numerous times-- and doubt it had anything with sliding. It was just unfortunate
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #10
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
the problem wasn't with her being a slider or not (she has done so many times in Warsaw and Berlin, and successfully too) it was the clay. the clay was heavy and wet, and she said she thought she was gonna slide, but the surface wouldn't allow her to, and she rolled on it
I can agree with that...but watching that particular shot, Vee was hitting that with the look of heading back cross court for the dropper or whatever shot Karolina was trying to pull off there.

My only objection is that Venus in more than a few shots yesterday was sliding (inconsistently) into her groundstrokes. I think this was one of the shots sliding into it should've been considered.

All things being in said...Her mind was on getting to the next ball.

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #11
Foot_Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knizzle
That pic is SOOOOO old. Where did that caption come from!!
I got it off the Eurosport Website, it's on the Front Page.

the caption is my own..as I never seen the pic and thought it was from today. (no harm intended...wearing a cross and garlic!!!)

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #12
country flag Knizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
I got it off the Eurosport Website, it's on the Front Page.

the caption is my own..as I never seen the pic and thought it was from today. (no harm intended...wearing a cross and garlic!!!)
I figured you made up the caption. I know Eurosport tried to make it seem like Vee was crying, but you didn't have to make a phony caption to further heighten the illusion. I would have thought you would recognize that pic as being from the AO, but I guess you never saw it before. You still shouldn't say Vee was crying in her press conference when you didn't know for sure. You were about to have Pureracket bawling up in here. It's hard to see a grown man cry.
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:41 PM   #13
Foot_Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knizzle
I figured you made up the caption. I know Eurosport tried to make it seem like Vee was crying, but you didn't have to make a phony caption to further heighten the illusion. I would have thought you would recognize that pic as being from the AO, but I guess you never saw it before. You still shouldn't say Vee was crying in her press conference when you didn't know for sure. You were about to have Pureracket bawling up in here. It's hard to see a grown man cry.
Ok Father or Mother... Sorry again, didn't know it was a serious Offense.

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams